Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I train Conviction?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Hi there,
My situation is that I am currently a magus level 31 1v1 player, with a rank about 1300. I've already gotten life to satyr, elemental blade, reshuffle, and infection. I know I might be facing higher level players such as grandmasters, so I'm wondering if I should use my last training point on conviction.
However, I might also want to train to entangle because I have a life mastery. I never really thought about conviction until I lost my last match to a lucky critical. But the auras will take up space in my deck and I can't put up an infallible at the same time. I like using a small school deck (not the lotus deck) since it is easier to find the cards I need. Furthermore, conviction might not be necessary if I'm facing a high ranked magus like myself.

Tell me what you think I should train :) Conviction? Or some other spell? Respond please ^_^

~Nat

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
natshadowbane on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Hi there,
My situation is that I am currently a magus level 31 1v1 player, with a rank about 1300. I've already gotten life to satyr, elemental blade, reshuffle, and infection. I know I might be facing higher level players such as grandmasters, so I'm wondering if I should use my last training point on conviction.
However, I might also want to train to entangle because I have a life mastery. I never really thought about conviction until I lost my last match to a lucky critical. But the auras will take up space in my deck and I can't put up an infallible at the same time. I like using a small school deck (not the lotus deck) since it is easier to find the cards I need. Furthermore, conviction might not be necessary if I'm facing a high ranked magus like myself.

Tell me what you think I should train :) Conviction? Or some other spell? Respond please ^_^

~Nat
Well, for me I haven't trained I have some decent block (123 Critical about what 26%) so, I only recommend it if you have low block like if you have around about 100 or lower this won't do the job trust me, sometimes the 123 critical block doesn't do it all the time. Not to mention if your opponent has so really good critical conviction won't even work at all sometimes so, really I wouldn't get it it's a Unless your block is high or at least decent.
So, yea your better off training entangle to stop that healing.
Hope this helped you!

Duncan Leaf level 71 Just doing my thing '3'

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
natshadowbane on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Hi there,

~Nat
I would personally recommend conviction, but it all depends on how you play. Conviction can stop heals and criticals, but if you're trying for an aggresive strategy, life dispels might be useful to prevent healing. Life dispel can also be useful for ending longer matches. Conviction makes you survive longer. At higher ranks, I'd have to say that it's a necessity, but that's just how I play. If you still have any training point quests left over, you could get both, but if I had the choice, I'd say conviction.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
youre only four levels away from another tp. anyway i'd do entanglement!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Thank you all for your feedback :) I choose conviction over entangle, but I might change that in the future ^^