Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I was wondering if anyone is still training for a second school meaning a school different from their own with training points, also why haven't wizard101 introduce to new players about using a secondary school. I have like 2 spare training points and i m lv 42 i was wondering how much training i would need for astral spells.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Each astral spell (Sun, Moon, or Star) will cost you a training point.

It's my understanding you can train one Shadow Magic spell for free based on your primary school, but if you want one or both of the other Shadow Magic spells each will cost you a training point.

My necromancer has trained all she can in her secondary school and is working on a third until she's high enough level to snag the Sun and Star spells in Azteca. Being well-trained in a secondary (or third) school really comes in handy when taking on bosses from the same school as your wizard's primary; that's for sure!!!

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I have a Promethean wizard who has learned 3 schools, Death(primary), Life, and Myth. (In that order)
I also had her learn Fortify, Virulence, and she learned spiritblade, and spirit trap. So all together, you can learn allot.... She learned all shadow magic and she learned even some fire and ice..... polymorphs.... all that junk...

Rylee SpiritBlood level 95
Catherine level 29 Commander

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ThexBestxWizard on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone is still training for a second school meaning a school different from their own with training points, also why haven't wizard101 introduce to new players about using a secondary school. I have like 2 spare training points and i m lv 42 i was wondering how much training i would need for astral spells.
Secondary schools, etc., is explained very clearly at the beginning of the training of each new wizard.

I rarely use a secondary school's spells unless it's Life to heal only. Or I will train for the shield depending on the wizard. I do train the blades/traps in Krok and the Astral spells once my wizard gets to that level.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
ThexBestxWizard ,
I believe that Diego talks about primary and secondary schools of magic when he teaches about power pips.
This is where KI(Wizard101) introduces new wizards to using a second school.
Also, as you complete your quests,a nd visit the teachers in Ravenwood, they all explain the benefits of uasing their school's spells, once again, showing that secondary schools of magic are useable.