Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Infini-Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
Sometimes you feel dungeons are too short and you think, sigh I wish this was more fun, cooler and especially longer. Well based on other mmorpgs and games, I want to consider an idea of an unlimited floored dungeon. Spark your interest? I figured so :3
How it works: The dungeon provides unlimited floors with each floor having enemies to battle and at certain floors there can either be bosses, tougher enemies or more. The enemies drop items according to the specified floor your on and can range. The higher the floor, the better the prizes and its rarity. At certain, what I call tiers, you gain more valuable drops as prizes when you defeat enemies/bosses. Imo they are as follows:
After Floor 10: Heartsteel, Level 5 Crown Ring, 5 Gear, Certain pets, and more become available
Floor 20: 25 crown gear, Pets, temporary mounts become available
Floor 30: 45 crown gear, pets, temporary mounts, class design gears, crowns wands become available
Floor 40: Waterworks Gear, Pig Gear, Pets, Permanent mounts become available
You get the point
Once reaching new floors the previous floors item chances are still available meaning if you made it a long way you could get a lot of Heartsteels
Along the way there will be Bank chests so you can store items in your bank or what not.

What are the enemies like: They start out relatively easy mainly for people Level 15 or so. Then progress tougher and tougher as more floors are beaten.

What if you lose do I lose my items and health? D; : The answer nope. Any items you obtain are yours to keep, additionally if you flee or get knocked out, health and mana are not lost.

Id like to see people add on to this, I do not however want to see people strike this down. Id rather keep negative opinions to a low. Creativity can be done by outrageous ideas such as this, freedom of expression can lead to amazing new things. Hope you like.
Kane Deathbringer, Pvp Sergeant, 95
Kane Thunderbringer, 62
Joshua "Ice", Pvp Veteran, 7

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ty Lung the Majest... on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Sometimes you feel dungeons are too short and you think, sigh I wish this was more fun, cooler and especially longer. Well based on other mmorpgs and games, I want to consider an idea of an unlimited floored dungeon. Spark your interest? I figured so :3
How it works: The dungeon provides unlimited floors with each floor having enemies to battle and at certain floors there can either be bosses, tougher enemies or more. The enemies drop items according to the specified floor your on and can range. The higher the floor, the better the prizes and its rarity. At certain, what I call tiers, you gain more valuable drops as prizes when you defeat enemies/bosses. Imo they are as follows:
After Floor 10: Heartsteel, Level 5 Crown Ring, 5 Gear, Certain pets, and more become available
Floor 20: 25 crown gear, Pets, temporary mounts become available
Floor 30: 45 crown gear, pets, temporary mounts, class design gears, crowns wands become available
Floor 40: Waterworks Gear, Pig Gear, Pets, Permanent mounts become available
You get the point
Once reaching new floors the previous floors item chances are still available meaning if you made it a long way you could get a lot of Heartsteels
Along the way there will be Bank chests so you can store items in your bank or what not.

What are the enemies like: They start out relatively easy mainly for people Level 15 or so. Then progress tougher and tougher as more floors are beaten.

What if you lose do I lose my items and health? D; : The answer nope. Any items you obtain are yours to keep, additionally if you flee or get knocked out, health and mana are not lost.

Id like to see people add on to this, I do not however want to see people strike this down. Id rather keep negative opinions to a low. Creativity can be done by outrageous ideas such as this, freedom of expression can lead to amazing new things. Hope you like.
Kane Deathbringer, Pvp Sergeant, 95
Kane Thunderbringer, 62
Joshua "Ice", Pvp Veteran, 7
I can honestly say I've never thought a dungeon was too short.
But, I really like this idea a lot.
There is flaw that I see ... if it starts at level 15 (you mention bosses being easy for level 15 so that means a level 5 wizard is not going to fare very well), I really do not want level 5 gear drops. Just a bit of a tweak to the drops or the beginning level and it sounds great.

I hope KI takes this into consideration.

I would add one thing though...since a lot of us solo due to either time or choice, I would ask that this be solo-able (or set up a second one identical but with only one sigil spot.)

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
The endurance dungeon idea.... that's basically what this is and I definitely like it! In any game, endurance challenges are always fun to try and give the player a good idea of where they're at... Now what I'd suggest is on each floor have a boss of each school(main school that is), to add a bit of diversity and challenge or randomize the elements of the bosses so no matter how many times you go through the challenge, you don't get the same boss on the same floor. I'd definitely attempt this if it were put in and I hope it is. Great idea and I can't wait to see what others come up with.