Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sun & Moon Blades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
I think it would be a good idea for us wizards to be able to train the sun (storm, fire, life) and moon (death, ice, myth) blades that certain opponents use in some worlds (celestia and higher). It would be a nice addition of blades to the players and offers a blade that could help out those who use mastery amulets (like the sun blade for example: a storm or fire wizard could benefit from the lifeblade, and vice versa).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I know, mostly in Celestia cause that's where the Astra Spells really come into play, that there are a lot of different kinds of blades and shields that get used. I'm not sure we should be able to learn them though. There are enough blades to go around for most schools (balance has been talked about recently). The last time I even loaded/used the Elemental/Spirit Blades are for my One in a Million badge. I just don't use them since getting Sharpened Blade. I carry 6 Deathblades and 3 sharpened blade spells. With this, I can use 2 blades for every attack (and 40% blade and a 50% blade).

Now, that being said, I only PvE. This might be more useful in PvP, and if so, I don't have a problem with it, I just can't speak about a section of the game I don't even use.

A MINOR problem I can see, is who should train these cards? I mean, really, they're balance spells even though they get cast as Astral Spells. Perhaps a new trainer in Celestia that is considered an Astral Balance Trainer (which is as close as a classifcation as we could do).

There are some creatures that cast universal single blades (like the Font of Strength from Loremaster). Are you suggesting these should be trainable too?

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Here's something to try, Place a convert on a boss, load up the traps for that school, then also load traps for the school you converted him to. When you attack, traps from both schools will be used.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
It would be great to be able to train these spells, but that would make the people that have them much stronger than others. That would be like, 6 new blades for the higher level people. (3 different blades that each school could use I think, and a sharpened version of each) It would be nice to train these spells, but they're just like the other spells that bosses have and we don't. We just don't have them. I don't know why we don't, but I think it should stay that way, because if we did have those spells, we would just be soooo OP.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
dayerider on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
I know, mostly in Celestia cause that's where the Astra Spells really come into play, that there are a lot of different kinds of blades and shields that get used. I'm not sure we should be able to learn them though. There are enough blades to go around for most schools (balance has been talked about recently). The last time I even loaded/used the Elemental/Spirit Blades are for my One in a Million badge. I just don't use them since getting Sharpened Blade. I carry 6 Deathblades and 3 sharpened blade spells. With this, I can use 2 blades for every attack (and 40% blade and a 50% blade).

Now, that being said, I only PvE. This might be more useful in PvP, and if so, I don't have a problem with it, I just can't speak about a section of the game I don't even use.

A MINOR problem I can see, is who should train these cards? I mean, really, they're balance spells even though they get cast as Astral Spells. Perhaps a new trainer in Celestia that is considered an Astral Balance Trainer (which is as close as a classifcation as we could do).

There are some creatures that cast universal single blades (like the Font of Strength from Loremaster). Are you suggesting these should be trainable too?
How about this:

There is a trainer in CL who teaches these:

Sun Shield (lvl 50)
Moon Shield (lvl 50)
Sun Trap (55)
Moon Trap (55)
Star Shield - 1 pip, 100% accuracy, -75% to next incoming damage spell (universal). (57)
Star Trap - 2 pips, 100% accuracy, +50% damage to next universal spell. (58)

Then in ZF there is a trainer that teaches you these:

Sun Blade (60)
Moon Blade (60)
Star Blade - 2 pips, 100% accuracy, +50% damage to next universal spell. (65)

In AV there is another one to teach:

Sun Spear (6%) [70]
Moon Spear (6%) [70]
Star Spear - 2 pips, 100% accuracy, +20% piercing to next universal spell. (75)

The trainer would be called Lost Astral Teacher, and the star spells should be banned from PvP (I think they should, I play PvE so I don't know).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
How about this:

Sun Shield (lvl 50)
Moon Shield (lvl 50)
Sun Trap (55)
Moon Trap (55)
Star Shield - 1 pip, 100% accuracy, -75% to next incoming damage spell (universal). (57)

Sun Blade (60)
Moon Blade (60)

Sun Spear (6%) [70]
Moon Spear (6%) [70]

The trainer would be called Lost Astral Teacher, and the star spells should be banned from PvP (I think they should, I play PvE so I don't know).
Traps, Spears, and Blades aren't necessary, because of how rare Astral Attack spells are given to us. I can only think of a few times, on items, we even get to USE Astral Attack spells. However, the MONSTERS should have those to buff their attacks.

Shields should be sold/trained in the game for sure. This is giving me an idea that I need to flush out first, so this reply is only half of what Im thinking

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
How about this:

Sun Shield (lvl 50)
Moon Shield (lvl 50)
Sun Trap (55)
Moon Trap (55)

Sun Blade (60)
Moon Blade (60)

Sun Spear (6%) [70]
Moon Spear (6%) [70]

There's also this idea (all spells gotten from Central's website):

Solar spells are triple effect spells that focus on Fire, Life, and Storm. This spell would be free to Fire, Life, and Storm
Solar Shield -50% damage, 0 pip
Solar Trap +25% damage, 1 pip
Solar Blade +35% damage, 1 pip

Moon spells are triple effect spells that focus on Death, Ice and Myth spells. This spell would be free to Death, Ice, and Myth.
Moon Shield -50% damage,0 pip
Moon Trap +25% damage, 1 pip
Moonblade +35% damage, 1 pip

Balanceblade from Font of Strength (which casts as a Sun School Spell) is a 50% buff. For balance wizards, this should be about 40% or 45% to balance school spell damage ONLY (not universal) and be free for them.

I’ll say this though, other than the balanceblade, I really don’t see most wizards actually using these spells other than for the one in a million badge or just to show off. This idea would give all schools a new free spell and solve Balance Wizards' problem of no Balance Damage Blade. it also would fall in line with the new Shadow spells where schools get different ones for free than other schools.

I WILL say this about your idea, if the Astral schools ever became playable, this would certainly help that along. Im not saying they should or shouldnt be, just saying this would allow it to happen a little easier.