Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extreme difficulty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Can someone from the game programming, design or moderator explain why Celestia is so difficult? Compared to Dragonspyre and defeating Malistare, Celestia is cranked up 10X. Does it progressively get worse from here? My self-esteem is at an all time low today as I have been killed about 12 times. Very demoralizing. Help!

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
The difficulty is a big jump up from Dragonspyre and it is a bit of a surprise but depending on your gear and level, you should be able to progress through it without too much problems. It is the start of a new Arc, or chapter in the WIzard101 story so there are going to be a lot of changes.

If you are finding it hard to progress then you should quest in Wintertusk for a while so you can level up. The experience from quests you get there is really high compared to Grizzleheim and it will help you a lot when it comes to worlds like Celestia and Zafaria.

To answer your question "Does it progressively get worse from here?" I'm guessing you are meaning does the difficulty get higher and the answer to that is, yes. It will get harder and harder as you move through the worlds but that's how it should be otherwise it would be too easy fighting a creature with 1, 500 health at level 95.

But if you are finding it hard even after Wintertusk let me know, I will be happy to help you.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Have you been doing side quests? Those can help you level up so you are more ready for a challenge. Sometimes you just get through the worlds without doing side quests, so you are a lower level. Usually, that wouldn't really matter, but if you are really struggling you need to do some side quests.

I hope it gets better,
Sophia Sparklestone

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
If you can make it through Celestia, you should be able to do Zafaria without many issues until you get to Drum Jungle. Before Avalon and Azteca were made easier, they were both challenging (Azteca much more so). I'm assuming Avalon is much easier now, but I can't say for sure since I haven't been in that world for a while. Azteca is definitely easier, but it's still challenging. Khrysalis Part 1 wasn't hard for my ice wizard, but the cheating bosses are giving my other wizards problems. The bosses who use shadow magic haven't given me a lot of issues.

If you're really having trouble, try getting tips from websites like Wizard101 Central or Duelist101.

Try looking here for tips as well:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/tips-hints-1341?fromSearchResult=false&page=1

I hope this helped you!

Rebecca Bright Level 95
Miranda Shadowflame Level 95
Diana Moonflower Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 90
Christina Goldenheart Level 83
Victoria Roseblood Level 82

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think it has to do with it being the 2nd block to the game, Increased difficulty comes with progression. Please try to team up and it will be a breeze to get through.