Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New blade for balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
Yes, I know that balance has a blade but balance blade is used for all spells. But balance needs their own blade, but the blade can still be called balance blade, but it adds 35% to balance only. And the current balance blade can be renamed dragon blade. What do you think? Post your comments below!

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
no need, i can just get potent and add 10%+ to my original balance blade. Making it 35%+ and plus it's been universal since the beginning of the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance already has more blades than any school, there's really no need for this.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Balance is really a school of magic for the spells they couldn't group in any other school. this would be pointless because balance is like a combo of the other schools. I have a balance wizard(sorcerer) and it asks you to see students of fire and storm and the professor of ice. it even asks you to go inside the fire storm and ice towers. and balance blade is for everything so, it is already an advantage. It's own advantage...

Alia Winterwhisper

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
X172X172 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I know that balance has a blade but balance blade is used for all spells. But balance needs their own blade, but the blade can still be called balance blade, but it adds 35% to balance only. And the current balance blade can be renamed dragon blade. What do you think? Post your comments below!
There is already a Dragonblade. It comes from the pet from the $10 or $20 card.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
There is already a Dragonblade. It comes from the pet from the $10 or $20 card.
We're talking about a learnable spell, so that we don't have to buy a decent blade with money. And whilst we have Bladestorm and Balance Blade, But everyone else has a better 1 person blade and a spear spell too.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
We're talking about a learnable spell, so that we don't have to buy a decent blade with money. And whilst we have Bladestorm and Balance Blade, But everyone else has a better 1 person blade and a spear spell too.
LOL just use all 3 Bladestorm, balance, and dragon

That would do a lot more damage then a card such as +35% <insert fist icon>

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
as already pointed out, you have the following blade spells for free:

Elemental Blade (which covers hydra or COULD cover 3 Spectral Blasts depending on how it works for you)
Spirit Blade (covers Chimera)
Balanceblade (covers all spells)
Blade Storm (covers all spells)

If you train a secondary school, you get, for free, blades to cover those schools, for free. That gives you an advantage no other school has. Balance doesn't need any more blades, they're fine the way they are. Once you get Sharpened Blade, you get more blades than everybody else does, for free.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
seethe42 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Balance already has more blades than any school, there's really no need for this.
Are you kidding? You think balance has more blades?
Every other school has a blade that gives at least five percent more than balance-ice, death and life, which do just as much damage as balance, get +40% blades
Let's do the math, incorporating sharpened blade.
. So tell me, which is better: 25% blade and a 35% blade=+60% to a spell. OR
40% blade and a 50% blade=+90% to a spell.

To add to this, how many traps does balance have? hmm ... let me count ...oh, nevermind, its only ONE. Death has, what, FOUR, fire has THREE, storm has THREE, ice has TWO, life has TWO, myth has TWO...but your right, balance has enough blades. They're fine.

Peace.
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
To keep non-sorcerers happy, I suggest that instead of adding a new one, we change the original to only balance damage spells. Oh wait, if it changes then the other schools lose half the blades they can use. I guess they'll just have to use sharpened blade then. I'm using your own words against you by saying 'Well you have more blades than other schools. Yes, we do, but only 2 of them effect our spells, but look at the other schools, and how many blade spells effect their spells:

Fire - 4
Ice - 4
Storm - 5
Myth - 4 (5 including minion's blade)
Life - 4
Death - 4
Balance - 2.

And the amount these blades overall cover:

Fire - 115%
Ice - 120%
Storm - 125-255%
Myth - 115%
Life - 120%
Death - 120%
Balance - 45%

I know storm is a damage school, but giving them the opportunity to do triple what a balance can do is out of order, never mind that it has 2 traps as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
sethlegendperson on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Every other school has a blade that gives at least five percent more than balance-ice, death and life, which do just as much damage as balance, get +40% blades

To add to this, how many traps does balance have? hmm ... let me count ...oh, nevermind, its only ONE. Death has, what, FOUR, fire has THREE, storm has THREE, ice has TWO, life has TWO, myth has TWO...but your right, balance has enough blades. They're fine.

Peace.
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade
First of all your math is WAY off. +25% and +35% does NOT equal +60% it equals +68.75% almost the same as a feint. You also have multiple FREE blades and spears. You can sharpen every single one and stack them. YES, Balance has FAR more blades than any school already. Learn to use them. I'd really love to hear what my three storm traps are? You keep adding all the spells that other schools EXCEPT Balance have to use training point on. You already get them ALL for free. You have more blades, traps AND extra training points than ANY school. Quit while you're ahead.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sethlegendperson on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:

Peace.
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade
Balance DOES have more blades. First, we must understand the formula I'm using:

1) using only blades or traps that are free to learn for each school
2) Ignoring Supercharge and Backdraft (they work totally different than standard traps/blades and only 2 schools have these - though yes, it would change the results, but not as much as you would think)
3) Using Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade versions stacking up
4) for a single spell
5) Not counting pet or item blades/traps

Here's what we have:

172.69% Boost (Balance)
16.37% Boost (Death)
5.57% Boost (Fire)
4.70% Boost (Storm)
3.82% Boost (Ice)
3.54% Boost (Life)
3.30% Boost (Myth)

So, Balance really is the weakest? How about a Chimera using:

3 blades from spirit blade
3 blades from sharpened spirit blade
2 blades from Balanceblade
2 blades from Bladestorm
3 traps from spirit trap
3 traps from potent spirit trap
2 Traps from Hex

So you're going to tell me, that Balance, with potentially 10 FREE blades and 8 FREE traps is the weakest school? I guess a Chimera with the damage power of close to 12,000 is something to laugh at. For 13 pips, that a HECK of a lot of fire power! Sure it would take time to build that all up, but it would take longer for Storm and Fire to utilize everything they had, and in that time, they couldn't do anything. Almost 20 rounds is a long time to wait, compared to Balance's 10 rounds

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
First of all your math is WAY off. +25% and +35% does NOT equal +60% it equals +68.75% almost the same as a feint. You also have multiple FREE blades and spears. You can sharpen every single one and stack them. YES, Balance has FAR more blades than any school already. Learn to use them. I'd really love to hear what my three storm traps are? You keep adding all the spells that other schools EXCEPT Balance have to use training point on. You already get them ALL for free. You have more blades, traps AND extra training points than ANY school. Quit while you're ahead.
You must be joking. Damage wise, Balance is one of the weakest schools there is. This is well known and if you look up a guide for how to get the "One In A Million" badge, it even comments that it's harder. Reason being that other schools are easier to buff (ie, blades and traps). Keep that in mind.

Also, if I want a storm blade, where can I go get one if I'm not storm? Yes, I could get a pet or an item that will give me ONE, but it's not a spell, it's an item. Stormblade, free to storm wizards, cannot be gotten by other wizards. Elemental blades, free to balance wizards, can be gotten by other wizards (yes, it costs a training point, but it can still be gotten). The storm blade, 0 pip cost, 30% and 40% (sharpened) damage, combined is 82%. Balance blade is 25% and 35% (sharpened) which is 69% (rounding it off). Also, Balance blade and Bladestorm help out all schools, not just Balance. If you cast a Storm blade on me and I use an attack that doesn't do storm damage, then that blade doesn't get used.

Bladestorm? That helps out everyone but with a punishment to the caster because they have to spend a pip to use it. So because of that, let's not count Bladestorm.

Elemental/spirit blades? Okay, anyone can get and use those. Yes, it's free to Balance wizards, but since anyone can get and use them, this is a neutral one.

Let's say you and I are doing PVP against each other. We both start out with two power pips and each turn we get a power pip. You buff up with Stormblades (30%/40%) and Elemental blades (35%/45%) for a total boost of 356%. I buff up with Balance blades (25%/35%) and Bladestorms (20%/30%) for a total boost of 263%. We each now have four power pips. No matter what spell I use against you, you will do more damage to me than I will do to you. Your Leviathan with Colossal (1305 base) beats anything I can pull out. Judgment is 1075 base (100 * 8 = 800 + 275 = 1075), King Artorious is 1000 base (725 + 275 = 1000). Heck, even Sabertooth would be weaker and that would require one more pip to use (1275 base when Colossal is added).

When you consider everything, balance loses. I'm not saying that balance isn't a good school at all, just I agree with the OP in regards to making things more fair. Either add another blade or bump up the strength of the Balance blade to like 35% (life has 40% :O!!!). If adding another blade, perhaps add Dragon blade, but at 20% and available to Balance only. Using a turn to case it would offset the extra damage it provides.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Fangs McWolf on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
You must be joking. Damage wise, Balance is one of the weakest schools there is. This is well known and if you look up a guide for how to get the "One In A Million" badge, it even comments that it's harder. Reason being that other schools are easier to buff (ie, blades and traps). Keep that in mind.

Also, if I want a storm blade, where can I go get one if I'm not storm? Yes, I could get a pet or an item that will give me ONE, but it's not a spell, it's an item. Stormblade, free to storm wizards, cannot be gotten by other wizards. Elemental blades, free to balance wizards, can be gotten by other wizards (yes, it costs a training point, but it can still be gotten). The storm blade, 0 pip cost, 30% and 40% (sharpened) damage, combined is 82%. Balance blade is 25% and 35% (sharpened) which is 69% (rounding it off). Also, Balance blade and Bladestorm help out all schools, not just Balance. If you cast a Storm blade on me and I use an attack that doesn't do storm damage, then that blade doesn't get used.

Bladestorm? That helps out everyone but with a punishment to the caster because they have to spend a pip to use it. So because of that, let's not count Bladestorm.

Elemental/spirit blades? Okay, anyone can get and use those. Yes, it's free to Balance wizards, but since anyone can get and use them, this is a neutral one.

Let's say you and I are doing PVP against each other. We both start out with two power pips and each turn we get a power pip. You buff up with Stormblades (30%/40%) and Elemental blades (35%/45%) for a total boost of 356%. I buff up with Balance blades (25%/35%) and Bladestorms (20%/30%) for a total boost of 263%. We each now have four power pips. No matter what spell I use against you, you will do more damage to me than I will do to you. Your Leviathan with Colossal (1305 base) beats anything I can pull out. Judgment is 1075 base (100 * 8 = 800 + 275 = 1075), King Artorious is 1000 base (725 + 275 = 1000). Heck, even Sabertooth would be weaker and that would require one more pip to use (1275 base when Colossal is added).

When you consider everything, balance loses. I'm not saying that balance isn't a good school at all, just I agree with the OP in regards to making things more fair. Either add another blade or bump up the strength of the Balance blade to like 35% (life has 40% :O!!!). If adding another blade, perhaps add Dragon blade, but at 20% and available to Balance only. Using a turn to case it would offset the extra damage it provides.
You have an issue with Balance being a weak school, and it not having things other schools have, but you seem to be ignoring things it has that other schools do not. Sure, getting the one in a million is harder because there's less boosts available, but I don't feel using that one badge as the bar is valid. It's supposed to be a tough one to get (yes, it is getting easier). Even if you got Dragonblade as a learnable spell, at 30% boost, I don't think this would solve the problem you have with balance.

As for your Storm blade comment, nobody outside of storm can get that blade because it's a quest blade. If you want to be able to get another school's blades, then wouldn't it also be fair to give yours out? Although, then, wouldnt you still have an issue with Balance? I mean, it's not so much the availability of blades as it is the quantity of blades available you have an issue with.

The triple blades aren't neutral blades. If they were truly neutral, then you would have to spend a training point on them as well. To me, when we talk about neutral spells, I think Astral because we all, regardless of school, have to spend a training point on them.

Keep in mind Balance was never supposed to specialize in anything other than flexibility, and comparing the highest damage school to balance doesn't make any sense. Storm is supposed to outclass every other school in damage.

All in all, I'm not saying Balance got overlooked or is overpowered, all I'm saying is that the school is what it is, and when people play the school, they know it ahead of time (or should). I would rather see Balance get another blade, no greater than 30%, than to allow any school to get another school's blades as a learned spell.

Balance is a school which causes problems for people. Either they see it as overpowered or the worst out there. People don't like that it's a team style of play, it casts spells from every school, it has no opposite, it doesnt have enough blades, its spells can get 3 attacks, etc. I don't hate Balance or like it; I recognize it for what it is. Sure I've made posts about "what ifs" and all that, but that wasn't from a hate point of view, it was from a curiosity point of view.

People say each school has issues that need to be addressed. If KI went thru them one by one, not rushed it, and addressed concerns from each, I think that would be an acceptable way for Balance to get a new blade. These are just my own thoughts, like them or not, that's fine.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
The KI developers of the school wizard are proud of how their player base has come up with ways to maximize the potential the school, I'm sure. In my opinion, the school was originally created as a "Jack of All Trades" or "Utility" type school. The fact that player base has turned it into a viable "Solo" playing school only further demonstrates the capability of the
school wizard.
I don't feel KI should create a new blade spell because it is a "global" bump to ALL schools and then the damage gap some of you seem concerned with would only widen. If KI increased the damage of spells, then others would surely complain of the "OP" damage they cannot "Shield" from while facing A.I. mobs or while in PVP.

Every school has its pros and cons. What I have read on the message boards has definitely helped me with my wizard play style, and I thank you for the assistance.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
dayerider on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:

2) Ignoring Supercharge and Backdraft (they work totally different than standard traps/blades and only 2 schools have these - though yes, it would change the results, but not as much as you would think)
4) for a single spell

Here's what we have:

172.69% Boost (Balance)
16.37% Boost (Death)
5.57% Boost (Fire)
4.70% Boost (Storm)
3.82% Boost (Ice)
3.54% Boost (Life)
3.30% Boost (Myth)

2 blades from Bladestorm
3 traps from spirit trap
2 Traps from Hex

So you're going to tell me, that Balance, with potentially 10 FREE blades and 8 FREE traps is the weakest school? I guess a Chimera with the damage power of close to 12,000 is something to laugh at. For 13 pips, that a HECK of a lot of fire power! Sure it would take time to build that all up, but it would take longer for Storm and Fire to utilize everything they had, and in that time, they couldn't do anything. Almost 20 rounds is a long time to wait, compared to Balance's 10 rounds
You must be confused or doing something wrong.

1. By free, you mean free to that one individual school, by may cost a training point to another school?
2. I believe it makes sense to only include regular spells and spells that directly affect another spell (sharpen/potent, but of course not Shadow magic).
4. By single spell, you mean one attack spell I take it?
5. Not including pet/item spells makes sense as well.

That part said, please provide your calculations to show how you are coming up with those values.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
MarvelDoctorDoom on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
no need, i can just get potent and add 10%+ to my original balance blade. Making it 35%+ and plus it's been universal since the beginning of the game.
My bad i mean't sharpen blade

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

1. By free, you mean free to that one individual school, by may cost a training point to another school?
2. I believe it makes sense to only include regular spells and spells that directly affect another spell (sharpen/potent, but of course not Shadow magic).

That part said, please provide your calculations to show how you are coming up with those values.
1) by Free, I mean Balance trains it for free while all other schools need to spend a training point to obtain it
2 & 5) we are in agreement here
4) yes, one attack spell. if you'll notice I used Chimera as my example. The way I got that total was from adding all of the traps and blades. The ones that cover the whole spell and the ones that cover each attack because chimera has 3 separate attacks. if my math is incorrect, please, correct it. The fact remains, if I understand it correctly, Chimera would get a total of 18 different boosts without stacking any other school's boosts on top of it. That's more boosts than any other school has.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

1) yes, I mean free for Balance and costing a training point to everybody else
2 & 5) agreed
4) yes, one attack spell

Maybe I did the math wrong, so let me ask, does Hyrda get the benefit from Spirit Blade? I thought it did.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
It would need a different name, to avoid confusion.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
that isn't true, balance only gets balance blade and blade storm.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I agree. we need our own blade.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
dayerider on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:

4) for a single spell

Here's what we have:

172.69% Boost (Balance)
16.37% Boost (Death)
5.57% Boost (Fire)
4.70% Boost (Storm)
3.82% Boost (Ice)
3.54% Boost (Life)
3.30% Boost (Myth)

2 blades from Bladestorm
3 traps from spirit trap
2 Traps from Hex

didn't you say, at the beginning, you were ignoring sharpened spells? and yet, in the chimera example, you say "blades from a sharpened spirit blade"? and srsly, if you count traps (witch you did) death should be way ahead (feint). Who says we use chimera?

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
dayerider on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
1) yes, I mean free for Balance and costing a training point to everybody else
2 & 5) agreed
4) yes, one attack spell

Maybe I did the math wrong, so let me ask, does Hyrda get the benefit from Spirit Blade? I thought it did.
it doesn't. chimera does.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
YES! is really in need if a balance blade of there OWN! All my Balance can have is a 25% blade and a 20% blade which takes away one power pip and a hex (Which I dont use now)

So my Balance only has 45% damage boost from blades