Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Tree Spells

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I have some more spell ideas! (I really like coming up with spell ideas lol). The new spells could be your school's tree and have different variations like the King Artorius spells. These would be obtained at level 120. The animation could be where your tree sprouts up on a different terrain depending on your school (Like Niles would be on sand and Kelvin would be on snow) and shoots its leaves at the opponent (Mortis could shoot out crows).

Name: Blossom
School: Life
Pip Cost: 12
Effect: 1,440 Life Damage, +50% Life Blade, and 300 Healing to all friends.

Name: Ivan
School: Myth
Effect: 1,010 Myth Damage and remove 2 shields to all enemies, +50% Myth Blade, and remove 2 negative charms from self.

Name: Mortis
School: Death
Effect: 1,490 Death Damage, -50% healing to all enemies, and +50% Death Blade to self.

Name: Bernie
School: Fire
Effect: 1,575 Fire Damage and 500 damage over 3 rounds, +50% Fire Blade to self.

Name: Kelvin
School: Ice
Effect: 1,360 Ice Damage, stun all enemies for 1 round, and one stun block for all friends, and +50% Ice Blade.

Name: Torrence
School: Storm
Effect: 1,800 Storm Damage, (2) -50% accuracy, and +55% Storm Blade.

Name: Niles
School: Balance
Effect: 1,360 Balance Damage, 50 Life Damage, 50 Myth Damage, 50 Death Damage, 50 Fire Damage, 50 Ice Damage, 50 Storm Damage, 50 Star Damage, 50 Sun Damage, 50 Moon Damage, and 50 Shadow Damage, 50 healing and +50% Balance Blade to self.

Do you like these ideas? Anything you would change? Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
I have some more spell ideas! (I really like coming up with spell ideas lol). The new spells could be your school's tree and have different variations like the King Artorius spells. These would be obtained at level 120. The animation could be where your tree sprouts up on a different terrain depending on your school (Like Niles would be on sand and Kelvin would be on snow) and shoots its leaves at the opponent (Mortis could shoot out crows).

Effect: 1,010 Myth Damage and remove 2 shields to all enemies, +50% Myth Blade, and remove 2 negative charms from self.

Effect: 1,490 Death Damage, -50% healing to all enemies, and +50% Death Blade to self.

Effect: 1,575 Fire Damage and 500 damage over 3 rounds, +50% Fire Blade to self.

Effect: 1,360 Ice Damage, stun all enemies for 1 round, and one stun block for all friends, and +50% Ice Blade.

Effect: 1,360 Balance Damage, 50 Life Damage, 50 Myth Damage, 50 Death Damage, 50 Fire Damage, 50 Ice Damage, 50 Storm Damage, 50 Star Damage, 50 Sun Damage, 50 Moon Damage, and 50 Shadow Damage, 50 healing and +50% Balance Blade to self.

Balance is overpowered (it does more damage than storm. Seriously, do the math.)

Other than that it's pretty well done.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Balance does 60 more damage than storm, an with the other effects, it evens out, but balance shouldn't be the same as storm. And Ice does more than myth.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

Most people I have seen have a tendency to overstrengthen Death spells or underpower with Life. Some even make Death or Ice have a stronger attack than storm. You are certainly not one of those people! These are some of the greates suggestions for new spells I have EVER seen on the boards. Keep up the good work!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Balance does 60 more damage than storm, an with the other effects, it evens out, but balance shouldn't be the same as storm. And Ice does more than myth.
balance needs to be less but myth and ice should have about the same damage

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Good Idea

Andrew WaterCrafter-Level 50

Sean FireFlame- Level 4

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I tried to even it out. Balance does more damage, yes, but it doesn't have as many secondary effects as the others.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
I tried to even it out. Balance does more damage, yes, but it doesn't have as many secondary effects as the others.
but storm needs to do more damage its storm kingsisle ignore nathaniel orgeblah's posts forever please

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
critical blizzard on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
but storm needs to do more damage its storm kingsisle ignore nathaniel orgeblah's posts forever please
Well that was mean.... Anyways, I think that they're balanced, but you can feel free to make your own versions of these spells

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Well that was mean.... Anyways, I think that they're balanced, but you can feel free to make your own versions of these spells
well has one thing that makes them a good school and thats having the best damage without it were the worst school every possible way in the game and it seems everyone wants that to happen

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
well has one thing that makes them a good school and thats having the best damage without it were the worst school every possible way in the game and it seems everyone wants that to happen
One spell won't do that.

To Nathaniel:

If Celestial Calender is dealing 1070-1170 to one enemy, why is Ivan dealing 1010? I think you need to bring the Myth spell up just a bit.
And the Balance spell is just too much with it's different varients of damage. I would suggest picking 1 damage in the hundreds that does damage in 3 schools at the bare minimum or maybe 6 schools at the max. Scrape any side effects or limit it to 1 you really like. But in all honesty, I think the damage should come down.
The other spells are okay. They're not my particular cup of tea, but I think they're good enough.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
These are pretty good... even though bal is just a little OP (this coming from a promethean balance wizard). But I am impressed with the others, as they are pretty spot-on.

@ideamachine: I run 2 accounts and play a myth/ice team... and, while they are quite close at base, myth does way more damage than ice.

@critical blizzard, I have seen you attack people on these boards several times recently, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate your hostile and immature attitude. Grow up, and stop insulting other people's ideas because you don't like them.

-von
(approves of the original post)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
These are pretty good... even though bal is just a little OP (this coming from a promethean balance wizard). But I am impressed with the others, as they are pretty spot-on.

@ideamachine: I run 2 accounts and play a myth/ice team... and, while they are quite close at base, myth does way more damage than ice.

@critical blizzard, I have seen you attack people on these boards several times recently, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate your hostile and immature attitude. Grow up, and stop insulting other people's ideas because you don't like them.

-von
(approves of the original post)
membership monthly rewards of crowns will ruin the game and giving everyone better damage then storm will ruin storm and i am tired of people asking for these things there is not much i can do when they call every little insult evidence and you guys believe it

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
membership monthly rewards of crowns will ruin the game and giving everyone better damage then storm will ruin storm and i am tired of people asking for these things there is not much i can do when they call every little insult evidence and you guys believe it
If you don't like then don't post on every single thing you don't like. Dr. Von is right. Plus, a single spell will not ruin storm. The rewards will not ruin the game. The only possible thing that will greatly ruin the game is if they stop it, and if you don't like these ideas come up with some ones for yourself and post them. I'd be happy to review them.

As for the spells, I like them but maybe do a small notch down on balance. Keep up the work! (The rest rock.)

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
This is an incredible idea for new school spells, except bump up the damage on Myth and lower the damage on Balance. Otherwise, amazing idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
If you don't like then don't post on every single thing you don't like. Dr. Von is right. Plus, a single spell will not ruin storm. The rewards will not ruin the game. The only possible thing that will greatly ruin the game is if they stop it, and if you don't like these ideas come up with some ones for yourself and post them. I'd be happy to review them.

As for the spells, I like them but maybe do a small notch down on balance. Keep up the work! (The rest rock.)
These spells are overpowered and Critical is right on all counts. The rewards will ruin the game and storm should be the most powerful, that's it's ONLY benefit. A HUGE notch down on balance is more like it. It's the most outrgageously overpowered spell idea yet. Also Dr Von, you are the only one attacking people in this thread. Saying an idea is bad isn't attacking a person. This idea is BAD, using the numbers given. That says nothing about person posting it. Unlike you who decided to personally attack and insult for no reason.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:

if i don't who is going to keep storm alive you always say one spell but i have seen everyone post one spell won't do anything post in at least 4 different ideas for other schools to have better damage then storm and if you want the best damage be storm don't destroy it if you don't like the accuracy and health then you don't need the best damage
please don't kill because you want good defense and the best damage

and membership reward of crowns will kill the game for non member crowns buyers while only making it a tad bit better for members and i really think the game needs to make it so if you buy enough crowns you can play as equals to the members and membership rewards of crowns will send that goal back years

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Then quit the game, don't be starting trouble with people because you want your opinion to be "it". Storm is overpowered plain and simple we all agree on it. The balance is a bit much btw Nathaniel, Id say decrease it by a hundred or so and also ditch the other schools and add something like may cast one random school damage of 50

So its like: 1200 Balance+ 50 Random School Damage

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I like these ideas. Balance is overpowered, and either needs lowered damage or higher cost of pips, but other than that, this is a good idea. I hope KI adds it.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Nathaniel i've come up with a way to don't make Balance so OP by saving the other schools damages and weaker than storms base damage:

Drop the base balance damage to 1,200 that way with the other schools overrall would be 1,700. Its weaker than storm AND you get to save your special effects. Hope you take this into consideration

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The updated balance spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spell Name: Niles
Effect: 1,150 Balance Damage and 50 Death Damage, 50 Myth Damage, 50 Life Damage, 50 Fire Damage, 50 Ice Damage, 50 Storm Damage, 50 Sun Damage, 50 Moon Damage, 50 Star Damage, 50 Shadow Damage, and 50 Healing and +50% Balance Blade to self.
Total Damage: 1,650

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have no idea what you're talking about.

1) there are plenty of games with rewards, many of which have been around longer than you've been alive. So please explain to me how membership perks will "ruin" the game.

2) there is nothing with storm. Just because you don't know how to play a school properly doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

3) you're allowed to disagree with people's posts. Mature people disagree with each other all the time, but they also respect each other's opinions, even if we don't agree.

-von

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

1) there are plenty of games with rewards, many of which have been around longer than you've been alive. So please explain to me how membership perks will "ruin" the game.

2) there is nothing with storm. Just because you don't know how to play a school properly doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

3) you're allowed to disagree with people's posts. Mature people disagree with each other all the time, but they also respect each other's opinions, even if we don't agree.

-von
i didn't say anything is wrong with storm the problem is people like you are trying to give everyone better damage then storm

i didn't say rewards in general is a problem i said reward of crowns because it is completely ridiculous if there isn't a possible way for a non member crowns buyer to play as an equal to a member when their already paying kingsisle a ton more then the member

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
critical blizzard on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
i didn't say anything is wrong with storm the problem is people like you are trying to give everyone better damage then storm

i didn't say rewards in general is a problem i said reward of crowns because it is completely ridiculous if there isn't a possible way for a non member crowns buyer to play as an equal to a member when their already paying kingsisle a ton more then the member
When crowns buyers buy an area they keep it FOREVER, but when members' memberships end, they have to buy another one. They don't keep the areas forever. It's fair. And it's not a big deal if storm doesn't do the most damage. The two schools that did didn't have any other effects besides damage and the blade. Storm has more effects than that.