Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New King Artorius Spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I took a look at the new King Artorius spells for all schools on duelist101 and guess what I found, myth's king artorius spell is stronger than fire's. Myth's King Artorius does 50+1020 myth damage over 3 rounds while fire's does 840 fire damage. I know that DOTs do more damage than a one hit damage spell with the same rank but why did myth of all schools receive the only DOT spell? Isn't fire supposed to have the most amount of DOTs? Isn't fire the second hardest hitting school? I really think fire's King Artorius spell should be a DOT too and do a little more damage then myth's.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
stormninja542 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
I took a look at the new King Artorius spells for all schools on duelist101 and guess what I found, myth's king artorius spell is stronger than fire's. Myth's King Artorius does 50+1020 myth damage over 3 rounds while fire's does 840 fire damage. I know that DOTs do more damage than a one hit damage spell with the same rank but why did myth of all schools receive the only DOT spell? Isn't fire supposed to have the most amount of DOTs? Isn't fire the second hardest hitting school? I really think fire's King Artorius spell should be a DOT too and do a little more damage then myth's.
Myth's Artorius spell should also hit all enemies. I mean, no all enemy spell since level 42 for myth? Really, Kingsisle? How is this balanced?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
my honest opinion is that fire has enough dots for now. I would prefer king artorius to be a little stronger to but not a dot. I would also prefer if fire got an aoe that wasn't a dot for once.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Strongest schools in order based on highest (base damage).

1.Storm - Base - 90 -120
2.Fire - Base - 80 - 105
3.Myth - Base - 70 - 80
4.Balance - Base - 70 - 80
5.Death - Base - 70 - 80
6.Ice - Base - 50 - 60
7.Life - Base - 40 - 50

Just a give or take on normal base damage.
Now with the right gear these numbers can change.
But in over all damage. Storm has the highest base damage in the game.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I honestly don't like they gave all schools the exact same spell animation only a different color. ?

Very disappointing. And now this has rendered the spell Leviathan all but obsolete. ?

The King Artorius spells are awful in every aspect.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Makenzi.M on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:

1.Storm - Base - 90 -120
2.Fire - Base - 80 - 105
3.Myth - Base - 70 - 80
5.Death - Base - 70 - 80
6.Ice - Base - 50 - 60
7.Life - Base - 40 - 50

Please don't just take a shot and hope the numbers are right. That's almost obviously what you did. Storm's is right. Fire's is almost the same as myth's, which is down in the low to high 50s and low 60s. Balance's is almost spot on. Ice's is down in the 30s/40s, and life has damage in the 70s and 80s.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
rinkworks on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Please don't just take a shot and hope the numbers are right. That's almost obviously what you did. Storm's is right. Fire's is almost the same as myth's, which is down in the low to high 50s and low 60s. Balance's is almost spot on. Ice's is down in the 30s/40s, and life has damage in the 70s and 80s.
All the numbers are off or misleading. Balance for example is 80-110 based on single target spells and 70-80 only on attack all. Most higher single target balance spells are 100-113 per pip. Storm is 80-98 for attack all and around 130-140 for single hits. People seem to be picking and choosing the numbers for their argument. Ice at 30-40? Ice is 65-75 for attack all and 90-105 for single attacks PLUS added perks like stun or pip stealing. None of your numbers make any sense at all.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012

1.Storm - Base - 90 -120
2.Fire - Base - 80 - 105
3.Myth - Base - 70 - 80
5.Death - Base - 70 - 80
6.Ice - Base - 50 - 60
7.Life - Base - 40 - 50

How did you get the numbers for Ice and Life? I always thought Life had more attack power than ice

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Luke Skysleeper on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
How did you get the numbers for Ice and Life? I always thought Life had more attack power than ice
It's true. Life initially was supposed to have just slightly more power than ice. Lately though, KI has been giving crazy attacks that do high damage to ice, but it's been slightly better. Life had the slightly larger attack bonus in gear because ice was more defensive, but lately ice has been more offensive. Anyways, before I get off topic, the King Artorius are either too weak, or too powerful. They need to be tweaked like ice- lower damage and steal one pip? And life- par with ice and slightly larger heal. Storm, fire- higher damage, myth- lower damage and attack all enemies. Thank you KI, but just slight tweaks, and they will be perfect.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
haha myth is slowly becoming more powerful. you guy did get a really hard hit with the lvl 88 fire spell, whatever its called.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Myth's Artorius spell should also hit all enemies. I mean, no all enemy spell since level 42 for myth? Really, Kingsisle? How is this balanced?
exactly!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Every school needs a small boost. Just because Is the DOT school, doesn't mean Can't have a DOT. Sure it's stronger than the fire one but doesn't the fire spell have side effects? I forget the side effects for all schools since it's been awhile ......

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
seethe42 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
All the numbers are off or misleading. Balance for example is 80-110 based on single target spells and 70-80 only on attack all. Most higher single target balance spells are 100-113 per pip. Storm is 80-98 for attack all and around 130-140 for single hits. People seem to be picking and choosing the numbers for their argument. Ice at 30-40? Ice is 65-75 for attack all and 90-105 for single attacks PLUS added perks like stun or pip stealing. None of your numbers make any sense at all.
My numbers are based on the average damage stat of the schools. You're saying that they have different damage stats based on how many enemies they hit? That makes even less sense than what I said.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
rinkworks on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
My numbers are based on the average damage stat of the schools. You're saying that they have different damage stats based on how many enemies they hit? That makes even less sense than what I said.
I'm saying your numbers are completely wrong. The ranges I gave are based on the ACTUAL spells. King Artorius for storm for example is a single target spell. It costs 8 pips does 1120 damage, that's 140 per pip. Tempest obviously attacks all at 80 per pip. Sirens attacks all for 880 @ 9 pips = ~98 per pip. Attack all spells for every school do less damage per pip. But the claim that Ice does 30-40 average is a little wild. Blizzard does 250-290 for 4 pips, that's 62.5-72.5 per pip. Frost Giant does 475 + stun for 7 pips, that's 67.9 per pip. Snow Angel does 760 for 8 pips, that's 95 per pip. King Artorius Ice is ~91 per pip, Mammoth is 89-100 per pip, Colossus does 83-97 per pip, Lord of Winter does 95-105 per pip AND steals 3 pips... So again, where did you come up with this 30's-40's? It's really simple basic math.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012

1.Storm - Base - 90 -120
2.Fire - Base - 80 - 105
3.Myth - Base - 70 - 80
5.Death - Base - 70 - 80
6.Ice - Base - 50 - 60
7.Life - Base - 40 - 50

so is weaker than

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
how is this balanced life only has one overtime spell so myth shouldn't be getting anymore overtimes until they make life and maybe even death get more overtimes

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
I think with these spells ki was trying to give ppl spell effects that they don't normally get because this is fires first stun hit spell and myths second over time spell if i'm not mistaken

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Not sure if i said this or not but i meant myth second dot

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I'm saying your numbers are completely wrong. The ranges I gave are based on the ACTUAL spells. King Artorius for storm for example is a single target spell. It costs 8 pips does 1120 damage, that's 140 per pip. Tempest obviously attacks all at 80 per pip. Sirens attacks all for 880 @ 9 pips = ~98 per pip. Attack all spells for every school do less damage per pip. But the claim that Ice does 30-40 average is a little wild. Blizzard does 250-290 for 4 pips, that's 62.5-72.5 per pip. Frost Giant does 475 + stun for 7 pips, that's 67.9 per pip. Snow Angel does 760 for 8 pips, that's 95 per pip. King Artorius Ice is ~91 per pip, Mammoth is 89-100 per pip, Colossus does 83-97 per pip, Lord of Winter does 95-105 per pip AND steals 3 pips... So again, where did you come up with this 30's-40's? It's really simple basic math.
Ok, one of us misunderstood the post. I thought it meant your damage boosting stat, such as resistance, and accuracy. If he was meaning damage per pip for the spell, he should have clarified that. That was not at all what I got out of the post.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
This is the reason I do not have a myth wizard. i know having 2 damage to all enemy spells would be great at a low level, but when you get to level 90, you are constantly hitting with single attacks. Even though earthquake is great ( only if you cast it ) i agree that myth needs a damage to all enemies spell that is for higher level wizards.

Samuel Lifebringer Level 92
Artur Hawkleaf Level 44
Ethan Fireblood Level 33

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
wizard508million on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
how is this balanced life only has one overtime spell so myth shouldn't be getting anymore overtimes until they make life and maybe even death get more overtimes
Life and death have more powerful all enemy attacks in base damage. Myth has not gotten an all enemy spell in longer; death has 2, deer knight and scarecrow. Life has 1 powerful all enemy spell, forest lord. Myth...Well, myth has earthquake and humongofrog. 320 base damage on earthquake. A max of 325 on humongofrog. Much weaker than any other school. Myth has not gotten an all enemy spell in the current last half of the game...Not fair at all. Kingsisle simply wants to give myth spells that don't really fit its school, it seems to me. Double hit spells, none since dragonspyre. All enemy spells, same. Minions, very few recently. Myth is not really the school of minions anymore. It's just the school of single enemy attacks.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I highly agree with most of the new King Artorius spells, I personally believe that Myth has gotten the best one. Myth is supposed to be superior at shield breaking, &KI knows that&KI gave them a nice DOT for better shield breaking, not to start a new thread but fire is kinda a awkward school&I wouldn't have made it if I was KI.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
It seems pretty obvious to me that these Artorius spells weren't even half though tout at all. I mean c'mon we couldn't even get different animations other than the color of the serpent. Yawn. And some of the Khrysalis stuff, I'm sorry but it's like they didn't even try. King Artorius won't make it into any of my decks for any of my schools. Awful idea with the creation of these spells. I'm going to hope the next update is a little better because this last one was terrible. I wish it wasn't added. Aquila was very nice but these new spells and that Khrysalis were an insult to a Level 95 wizard. Unless someone is a very young child I do not see how this world can even be close to difficult. Sorry not trying to be mean but it really is so simple I fell asleep playing a few times and still ended up wining the fight. LOL! Way too easy. And Azteca the challenge made it fun; everybody wants an easy button for everything and that is ruining the game for people who don't like having every single win handed to them. Please try a little harder with the next update. Thank you again for Aquila that is nice. :) Please no more half thought out ideas like this last one was. Thank you.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
gweedoboy on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
my honest opinion is that fire has enough dots for now. I would prefer king artorius to be a little stronger to but not a dot. I would also prefer if fire got an aoe that wasn't a dot for once.
you have meteor shower or whatever it's called...meteor strike? idk i forgot for the moment...anyways, that's almost as good as deer knight. and its not dot. That spell is like heaven for farmers, what could ask for better than that?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I hate these spells so bad. LOL! I hate the idea of them. I hate the animations of them all, oh wait it's the same for all of them minus the serpent color. Creative! I half think they were trying to intentionally upset a few people with these introductions.... ??