Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The "best school"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Dear Wizards,
I do not believe in this "best school" stuff. I don't want people to say one school sucks and one school is the best. No school is the worst or the best. All schools have pros and cons. I shall list them:

:

Pros: Stunning, summoning, and third highest accuracy (tied with ).

Cons: Not the best when it comes to damage but is ok.

:

Pros: Healing, and highest accuracy

Cons: Low damage, and not many AOEs

:

Pros: Steal health, powerful, and second highest accuracy (tied with ).

Cons: Often has to take a penatly when casting certian spells, such as Sacrifice and Fient

:

Pros: Powerful, and most DOTs

Cons: Low accuracy (only 5 more accuracy than ), and not very defensive.

:

Pros: Highest health of any school, third highest accuracy (tied with ), and very defensive.

Cons: Low damage.

:

Pros: Does the highest damage of any school, and powerful AOEs.

Cons: Lowest accuracy of any school, and lowest health of any school.

:

Pros: Very supportive of other schools, second highest accuracy (tied with ), and all schools are secondary schools.

Cons: Not many bad things about , but the biggest challenge of them all when it comes to being : picking the right spells to learn.

Those are all the pros and cons of each school.

Monica 37

Destiny 20

Isabella 9

Suri and Llewella 8 and

Fiona 6

"May the stars shine down on you."

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
I agree that there isn't a best school. I do believe in "my best school". My best/favorite school is fire and ice. I love playing pure offense or defense, so my strategies will compliment with each of them. My waiting game with my ice has gotten me to warlord and using as many dots as i can with fire has also gotten me to warlord in 1v1. I can never get to warlord in 1v1 with any other type because the way I play isn't the way the other elements are made.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
dragon princess on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizards,
I do not believe in this "best school" stuff. I don't want people to say one school sucks and one school is the best. No school is the worst or the best. All schools have pros and cons. I shall list them:

:

Pros: Stunning, summoning, and third highest accuracy (tied with ).

Cons: Not the best when it comes to damage but is ok.

:

Pros: Healing, and highest accuracy

Cons: Low damage, and not many AOEs

:

Pros: Steal health, powerful, and second highest accuracy (tied with ).

Cons: Often has to take a penatly when casting certian spells, such as Sacrifice and Fient

:

Pros: Powerful, and most DOTs

Cons: Low accuracy (only 5 more accuracy than ), and not very defensive.

:

Pros: Highest health of any school, third highest accuracy (tied with ), and very defensive.

Cons: Low damage.

:

Pros: Does the highest damage of any school, and powerful AOEs.

Cons: Lowest accuracy of any school, and lowest health of any school.

:

Pros: Very supportive of other schools, second highest accuracy (tied with ), and all schools are secondary schools.

Cons: Not many bad things about , but the biggest challenge of them all when it comes to being : picking the right spells to learn.

Those are all the pros and cons of each school.

Monica 37

Destiny 20

Isabella 9

Suri and Llewella 8 and

Fiona 6

"May the stars shine down on you."
I honestly have to disagree with you. At level 90, storm has it easiest. Shrike and wild bolt make it extremely hard to beat, unless you have very good luck. At lower levels, though, it could be argued. I personally prefer balance in pvp, but that's at magus, and I haven't tried all that many schools. (so far, death, life, storm, and balance, storm simply did not fit my strategy at all, the others were decent) At each level, it could be argued that there is a best, or several tied for best, pvp schools. All schools CAN be used well; I am not saying that any school is bad or cannot be used well, but it is just easier to use some schools well.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Well, with those lvls of you might want to do more research, unless you just know by visual. But I disagree on the ice and myth con of 3rd highest, 85%. I have accuracy boost, and I still seem to fizzle more than usually on my myth and ice.
12 Warlord