Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Ok so I've played wizard101 for over a year now, but I have never got into the whole gardening thing...even when i first tried i thought it would be a waste of money. I always get plant drops most are high rank plant like level 4+ and I always feed them to my pet. So i have a few questions as I am very new to this.

1. How do i rank up in gardening as far as plant ranks and badges?

2. How would I know what a plant wants/needs are?

3. Any rewards to gardening certain plants?

any and all answers are greatly appreciated

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Check out Wizard101 Central for specific rewards from harvests. But to answer your other questions, you will start gardening tutorial from gardening guy by golem tower. It will give you the how to basics or check out players guide. As you harvest you gain gardening xp, which goes toward increasing your gardening level, during harvests you may also gain items from cards, pet snacks, gold, and seeds. You will know what it needs by icons appearing over plant periodically. In gardening mode, similar to house decorating mode, when you hover over a plant its needs, likes, and dislikes are displayed. Also as you garden rank you will have access to more/larger area spells, and better plants that reap more rewards. I suggest you start with a single plant in your dorm in a pot to get the flow, the branch out creating large plots of plants. Happy to assist if you have more questions.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
number 1: you rank up by harvesting plants
number 2: it shows up above the plant and you can hover you mouse over the plants
number 3: you can look that one up on wizard101 cental wiki

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
1. Once your plant is mature it will be able to be harvested every amount of hours. You can figure out how many hours till harvest by going to your home, clicking on the gardening button, and hovering over the plant. There is give you a little info on your plant. When you harvest you get gardening experience which can help you level up, when you level up you get a badge.

2. You can figure out the needs for your plants by simply looking over the plant if there is a bee, water, or sunlight sign or you can click on the gardening button, hovering over the plant and looking at the needs.

3. The rewards for gardening are mostly, treasure cards, pet snacks, and gardening experience. You get these things from harvesting your plant. You're plant must be mature for it to be possible to harvest it. It goes from seed, young, mature, elder. Once its at elder that is when you can do you're finally harvest after that harvest the plant 'disappears'.

Hope I helped.
Steven Storm Staff

Survivor
May 12, 2013
Keena0823 on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Ok so I've played wizard101 for over a year now, but I have never got into the whole gardening thing...even when i first tried i thought it would be a waste of money. I always get plant drops most are high rank plant like level 4+ and I always feed them to my pet. So i have a few questions as I am very new to this.

1. How do i rank up in gardening as far as plant ranks and badges?

2. How would I know what a plant wants/needs are?

3. Any rewards to gardening certain plants?

any and all answers are greatly appreciated
hi well I have been gardening form the beginning and I am now lvl 60 ...... hear to help lol

1.go to bazaar and buy rank one plants when they can harvest then you can rank up

2.your plants will tell you what you need above them just give them what they need

3.yes you can get... treasure cards reagents and pet snacks from harvesting your plants
if you have any more questions i'm here to help and there is lots to help you to

Angel jadehunter lvl 60 wizard