Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Wizard's Mutiny to a Pirate

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
So this is something that I've notice going around and I just wanted to talk about it a little.

It's my understanding that the majority of Wizard101 aren't fond of Pirate101. That's fine and I can accept that. It's like telling an artist, who loves to draw, to be a construction worker, something he/she doesn't do well. Ok. I'd also say that there is a majority of Wizards who are not afraid to kick dirt on Pirate101, because I have seen some "harsh" comments on it, but then again, I don't possess any data that proves so, so I dunno.

But here's the thing.

A lot of Wizards are using Pirate101 as a means to prove X world is coming to the Spiral. That me is...very...just wrong to put it plainly (and without too much bias). How can you use something you don't even like as a means of support? It's like beating up a person you absolutely dispise then taking that person to dinner because your company is giving out promotions to whoever takes the most people out to dinner. That's just not right.

I think players should stop using Pirate101 as a way to support a Wizard101 world theory. I get that a lot of people yearn for Polaris and Darkmoor and I respect that. But I feel that if a world is not mentioned within a game's content, it's most likely not coming soon or ever. I'm trying to ruin or stop anyone from posing theories about Polaris or Darkmoor, but if someone wants to support such a claim, there should be evidence to support within the games context. If there's no evidence or something to build off of, then it's most likely not coming.

Let's take Darkmoor, for example. Darkmoor has made no appearance in any of the Wizard101 quest lines. While the picture was used to give an idea of Darkmoor, there was no mention of it going to any one game at the time. J. Todd Coleman, when he was here, did work on Wizard101, when he was here, but he did also manage Pirate101 before it was released. Darkmoor has so much more influence and similarity in design to Pirate101. It also has many more mentionings. Just because Darkmoor looks cool and goes along with Morganthe's dark design, it doesn't mean the actual content will fit well with what we have set.

Now you could say it coud come because Dragonspyre, MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila crossed over both games. That is possible, but that doesn't mean it will happen to every world. Valencia was mentioned in Zafaria and Monquista was in Azteca but neither have shown any sign of coming to Wizard101. It is very possible that KI does these things to connect the games together and show players that the Spiral is much bigger than you think.

This is my opinion and I am not trying to tear down anyone's dream of seeing Polaris or Darkmoor in Wizard101. I just think that we should look closer into our own game and use what's here to support a worlds possible arrival than something out of context. Just my views on it.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
agreed, i actually play both games and i think the wars should stop! and IF w101 were to get Polaris and darkmoor p101 should get it first, face it everyone, some things belong in other games then other games

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
So this is something that I've notice going around and I just wanted to talk about it a little.

It's my understanding that the majority of Wizard101 aren't fond of Pirate101. That's fine and I can accept that. It's like telling an artist, who loves to draw, to be a construction worker, something he/she doesn't do well. Ok. I'd also say that there is a majority of Wizards who are not afraid to kick dirt on Pirate101, because I have seen some "harsh" comments on it, but then again, I don't possess any data that proves so, so I dunno.

But here's the thing.

A lot of Wizards are using Pirate101 as a means to prove X world is coming to the Spiral. That me is...very...just wrong to put it plainly (and without too much bias). How can you use something you don't even like as a means of support? It's like beating up a person you absolutely dispise then taking that person to dinner because your company is giving out promotions to whoever takes the most people out to dinner. That's just not right.

I think players should stop using Pirate101 as a way to support a Wizard101 world theory. I get that a lot of people yearn for Polaris and Darkmoor and I respect that. But I feel that if a world is not mentioned within a game's content, it's most likely not coming soon or ever. I'm trying to ruin or stop anyone from posing theories about Polaris or Darkmoor, but if someone wants to support such a claim, there should be evidence to support within the games context. If there's no evidence or something to build off of, then it's most likely not coming.

Let's take Darkmoor, for example. Darkmoor has made no appearance in any of the Wizard101 quest lines. While the picture was used to give an idea of Darkmoor, there was no mention of it going to any one game at the time. J. Todd Coleman, when he was here, did work on Wizard101, when he was here, but he did also manage Pirate101 before it was released. Darkmoor has so much more influence and similarity in design to Pirate101. It also has many more mentionings. Just because Darkmoor looks cool and goes along with Morganthe's dark design, it doesn't mean the actual content will fit well with what we have set.

Now you could say it coud come because Dragonspyre, MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila crossed over both games. That is possible, but that doesn't mean it will happen to every world. Valencia was mentioned in Zafaria and Monquista was in Azteca but neither have shown any sign of coming to Wizard101. It is very possible that KI does these things to connect the games together and show players that the Spiral is much bigger than you think.

This is my opinion and I am not trying to tear down anyone's dream of seeing Polaris or Darkmoor in Wizard101. I just think that we should look closer into our own game and use what's here to support a worlds possible arrival than something out of context. Just my views on it.
Masterfully said as usual.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:

But here's the thing.

The Girl in Wysteria from Mirage mentioned Polaris.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
with the dark imagery of wizard's next world, no one would be surprised if the world was actually darkmoor. kingsisle has a tendency to throw in worlds that have never/very slightly been mentioned in the game before its release (azteca, zafaria, etc) so maybe darkmoor will be one of those worlds. they also like to mention worlds that will possibly never be in the game (mirage, anyone? that was first mentioned in wysteria, guys...) maybe just to throw people off or make a pirate101 reference, like monquista in azteca (self-promotion for the win )

also i found this in the wizard101 producer's blog...

"Finally some clues as to what's to come: Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone.Something new and spooky this way comes -->What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same."BUT i did find something else from the writer of pirate101...

"Ah, Darkmoor... We'll get there. As it stands right now, Darkmoor hasn't had that much of an impact on the rest of the Spiral, for good or for bad. It's a little like Cool Ranch - kind of out of the way, and definitely a flavor all its own. We'll get there eventually, and when the time comes, the PC will have an excellent reason to go there."

this definitely sounds like a crossover between both games, and i'm betting that wizard gets its hands on this new world first.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Actually, a Polaris has been mentioned quite a few times. But how can you be sure we won't get it? Azteca was not mentioned even once in the story line.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Jordan Firebringer on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
with the dark imagery of wizard's next world, no one would be surprised if the world was actually darkmoor. kingsisle has a tendency to throw in worlds that have never/very slightly been mentioned in the game before its release (azteca, zafaria, etc) so maybe darkmoor will be one of those worlds. they also like to mention worlds that will possibly never be in the game (mirage, anyone? that was first mentioned in wysteria, guys...) maybe just to throw people off or make a pirate101 reference, like monquista in azteca (self-promotion for the win )

also i found this in the wizard101 producer's blog...

"Finally some clues as to what's to come: Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone.Something new and spooky this way comes -->What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same."BUT i did find something else from the writer of pirate101...

"Ah, Darkmoor... We'll get there. As it stands right now, Darkmoor hasn't had that much of an impact on the rest of the Spiral, for good or for bad. It's a little like Cool Ranch - kind of out of the way, and definitely a flavor all its own. We'll get there eventually, and when the time comes, the PC will have an excellent reason to go there."

this definitely sounds like a crossover between both games, and i'm betting that wizard gets its hands on this new world first.
kingsisle has a tendency to throw in worlds that have never/very slightly been mentioned in the game before its release (azteca, zafaria, etc) so maybe darkmoor will be one of those worlds.
Yes, KI does do this, however Darkmoor has never been mentioned in our game, but it's known about. And the thing about is Pirate101 is the real winner for making this world much more known than Wizard101. It was one of the earliest mentioned worlds when Pirate101 started coming out in Beta. It wasn't until KI released that picture of it on Facebook did this world gain popularity and become a like number 1 or 2 favorite of mentioned worlds. And the way that picture is designed with 2 islands casted off to the side, and because the world icon, which was spotted first in the Stormgate of Pirate101, looks like house in the center, it seems to look like a Skyway and Skyways are only seen in Pirate101.
Also Mirage, Yago, Empyrea, and Gobbleton are all contenders in the very slightly mentioned catogory

You're doing exactly what I'm trying to tell Wizards not to do. You're using a quote from Blind Mew, the Pirate101 writer, as a means to make it seem like Wizard101 is getting it. We're not (or at least, not at the moment). What Blind Mew is say, has nothing to do with Wizard101. I think you want it to sound like a crossover, but its not. Nowhere in this state does it indicate that both games are getting it, nor do I feel there is enough said that Wizard101 will have it. Now, I asked the question that he answered with this statement. I wanted to know how Darkmoor is impacting the Spiral. He's reply, they've notic and ,like Cool Ranch, have a flavor all their own. When he states the PC, I'm pretty sure he's refering to the Pirate player. Blind Mew as you said, writes for the Pirate101 story, but he can't say anything about Wizard101's story because he doesn't write about it. Had Alhazred or King Artorius said this, I would be find with the evidence, but they haven't said a word about Darkmoor.

Also to Professor Falmea's Producers Letter, all it's saying is whatever the next world after Azteca is, is going to rock Wizard101, as in do something we've yet to ever see happen in the game as well as change things forever. Any world we know of could do that. It doesn't mean Darkmoor is such a world. If you wish to prove Darkmoor is an upcoming world, all I ask is you use evidence with Wizard101. So a Wizard101 team member said it, or it was mentioned in our game (not Pirate101). That's all I mean to say.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Sean Firesword on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Actually, a Polaris has been mentioned quite a few times. But how can you be sure we won't get it? Azteca was not mentioned even once in the story line.
Yes, Polaris has been mentioned twice in Wizard101. I don't deny that. And I'm not saying I'm sure we won't get Polaris. What I am trying to say, I hope said it clearly in my original post, is that if you are going to prove that Polaris is a World coming soon to Wizard101, use evidence found within our game. All we know of Polaris from what Wizard101 shows us, is that it is a world apart of the Council of Light and that a Zafarian shopkeeper is going their. That's about it. The reason I feel Pirate101 is more than likely to get is because they use it as a central figure for the backstory of the game. Much like how the Titans devestated the First World in Wizard101, Polaris threaten all the political powers by starting the Polarian War in a ploy to take over the Spiral. Also the Pirates get to mean Polarian people (such as Napoleguin) and have pictures hanging around the Spiral in buildings that show the world is cold. You can also see the Polaris world icon when traveling through the Spiral in Pirate101. But very little has been scene on this scale in Wizard101.

I'd like to add that if a world makes more mentions in one game, it is more than likely that that game will get it first. Let's take a look at Aquila. Aquila was first in Pirate101 and later became one of the two worlds granted in their expansion. We've seen items and paintings that showcased Aquilan design prior to it's release so it could be assumed at the time Pirates would see the world. After they got the world, Wizards then ventured to a different area of the world to experience a different incounter. Likewise, Mirage, Nodor, Yago, Empyrea, Candy World and Gobblerton have made many more mentions here than in Pirate101, so I would think Wizard101 would get them first. You if you wanted to say Yago's coming to Pirate101, you'd need to pull some evidence within that game to show it was coming rather than just saying so. As it stands now, Yago has more allusions in Wizard101 to fit the story than Pirate101. That is all I mean to tell in this thread.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
well khrysalis just came out on the test realm, so that answers everyone's questions.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Yeah, the thing about crossover worlds happens because hey both are in the same universe, so it'll happen every once in a while. However, not always. The Pirate's journey is to find a mystical treasure trove beyond comprehension, while our's is to (after Malistaire) stop Morganthe from rewriting the spiral. Large difference.By chance, our worlds will most likely stay far away from each other, cross far later, and stay away again. The Spiral will share adventures, but most go their own way.

However, another cross may happen, most suspicions come from Pirate101, but, once again, we have different ambitions so we will have little world-shares. Pirate is scheduled for Polaris more than we are, and for any other world, we might get something like Candyland or Mirage. Pirate101's future worlds will rarely cross with ours.