Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nidavellir

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
So I've had the Nidavellir quest for two levels (that means I'm a lvl 42) and I've heard the dungeons are very hard. Any tips before challenging Jotun and his brothers?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SoupWizard64 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
So I've had the Nidavellir quest for two levels (that means I'm a lvl 42) and I've heard the dungeons are very hard. Any tips before challenging Jotun and his brothers?
I had just posted this reply yesterday that might help:

I found it easier to do Nidavellir in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, then the Hall of Valor. That way, I eliminated two of his brothers in the first two areas. So there was only Jotun and one of his helpers left. That made it much easier.

This link gives details on the three areas, and it has a good map for Winterdeep Warren that will help you avoid extra battles in that area. Don't forget to pick up the "book" in there too. Before you go "up the ramp" at the end to get Grettir, turn left and the book is in that area.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Also, the yardbird is in Helgrind Warren area, in the Storm Room. The map on the link above has a picture of the yardbird to help you find it.

Good Luck.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
what I did with my level 42was I stocked up on strong treasure cards and I won the dungeons.
Also try going with some friends

level 42

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
SoupWizard64 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Bring! high lvl friends!!!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
I have tried everything I know of to find Jotum in Nidavellir, but I am not able to do it. Where is he and how do I get to him?

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Kudda on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
I have tried everything I know of to find Jotum in Nidavellir, but I am not able to do it. Where is he and how do I get to him?
You must be a level 40 wizard and finished all storyline quests in Savaarstad Pass, Vigrid Roughland, and Mirkholm Keep. If you have finished those things, speak to Bjorn Ironclaws in Northgaurd. You should receive a quest called 'The King and I'. It will direct you into Nidavellir. Jotun is in the Hall of Valor.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Kudda on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
What level are you?

When you reach Level 40, Bjorn Ironclaws will give you a quest – "The King and I" (to talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). And Valgard gives you the quest - “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun).

I found this quest tree on one of the fansites:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

It lists all of the quests in Grizzleheim. You can click on a quest there to get more details on it.

In Grizzleheim, you get access to different areas based on your level.

For example, you can go to Vigrid Roughland at Level 25, if you finished the previous area.

This might help too:

Quests to Return to Grizzleheim:

Level 20 – Trade Voyage (go to Northguard and Savarstaad Pass)
Level 25 – Lending a Paw (go to Vigrid Roughland)
Level 30 – Full Grizzle Jacket (go to Mirkholm Keep)
Level 40 – The King and I (talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). He gives you “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun)

Then comes Ravenscar and Wintertusk.

Hope this helped.