Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catalan spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
So don't get me wrong, I think storm is a very solid school in the game right now. I don't really understand the point of Catalan in the game however. Its basically a spell that is exactly the same as stormzilla, but has an average damage of stormzilla. Most of the others schools got new spells that actually have a benefit or at least something different from the normal attack, but this spell is exactly the same as stormzilla, same pips, basically same damage. Once again, not a complaint against storm, I love the school, just curious about why they have an additional spell that does the same thing, for the same amount of pips, as a spell we already have. What does everyone else think?
-Adam Seafist lvl 90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Thunder2Hound on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
So don't get me wrong, I think storm is a very solid school in the game right now. I don't really understand the point of Catalan in the game however. Its basically a spell that is exactly the same as stormzilla, but has an average damage of stormzilla. Most of the others schools got new spells that actually have a benefit or at least something different from the normal attack, but this spell is exactly the same as stormzilla, same pips, basically same damage. Once again, not a complaint against storm, I love the school, just curious about why they have an additional spell that does the same thing, for the same amount of pips, as a spell we already have. What does everyone else think?
-Adam Seafist lvl 90
I like the spell; it's helped my storm wizard get farther along in the game than any other storm wizard I've tried. She is not to the level where she would have stormzilla yet, which is where the helpful part of this spell comes in.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
the number of copies of spells in your deck? Could be seen as a benefit. You put as many stormzillas in there as you can and then are able to add the other spell too. so you basically get double the stormzilla.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Thunder2Hound on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
-Adam Seafist lvl 90
Well for there's Brimstone Renevant, which deals 400 something damage, and that damage only, for 4 pips. Well that's a rip-off. For 4 pips we can do an immolate, which deals 600 damage to an enemy, and 200 to you. Personally I think ours is even more useless than Catalan.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
SoupWizard64 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Well for there's Brimstone Renevant, which deals 400 something damage, and that damage only, for 4 pips. Well that's a rip-off. For 4 pips we can do an immolate, which deals 600 damage to an enemy, and 200 to you. Personally I think ours is even more useless than Catalan.
immolate deals 250 damage to yourself. Damage difference being 350. Brimstone Renevant deals 440 damage to opponent, both of which have their uses. It is a spell that's different from fire's other spells. Catalan isn't different from another storm spell at all, it gives the same damage average for the same pips as Stormzilla

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I have both Brimstone Revenant and Catalan but I'm and I really just like the spells for the looks the damage is the same or for fire its not as good against immolate but they look cool. I'm only in it for the looks

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
It's actually not too bad of a spell, and it'll definitely benefit lower levels especially.

Austin Shadowblood, Lvl 90

Hannah Thunderflame, Lvl 70