Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How important are treasure cards in PvE?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
For quite some time, I haven't used treasure cards. With rare exception, I just don't see the use for them. Anything above 4 pips for out of school spells takes too long to cast (unless you have a mastery amulet). I have purchased spells with training points that I find useful, and they serve me fine. What are your experiences?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dayerider on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
For quite some time, I haven't used treasure cards. With rare exception, I just don't see the use for them. Anything above 4 pips for out of school spells takes too long to cast (unless you have a mastery amulet). I have purchased spells with training points that I find useful, and they serve me fine. What are your experiences?
My high level wizards don't use out of school TCs other than Tower shields and primary school TC blades and traps along with a couple of Feint TCs . I do have a few secondary school TCs that rarely get loaded but do keep them just in case I need them. All of my wizards train Stun block from Diego.

I find I can do very well with this kind of set up whether running solo or with a team.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Some players might see this as silly, but I tend to keep some "one pip" spells in there. Sometimes my hit did not quite defeat the other guy completely. And I am low on pips, and no "wand spells" came up. So I go get a "one pip" spell from my Treasure Cards. It usually saves me...

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I end up with a lot of excess TC's also, over 2 accounts it gets over whelming to weed them out. On several occasions I have sat in the commons and given them away by the boat loads, now a days it's rough to give them away because people are wary of that, lol, no I don't want a mount in exchange. Recently a young wizard wanted to hatch with my Leopard and did not have the gold for it so I gave him TC's and he was able to get the 21,000 gold for the hatch. He did get a leopard and I got his dragon.

In Avalon I actually remember having to buy dispels, fire for Jabba and Ice for young Morrie girl fight. I mostly just put a few spare school spells and maybe some sun ones for back up with my mob deck. I always carry a 1 pip sprite TC just in case someone joins and gets frail.

I do transfer some over to our lower level wizards also so they have a few higher then their level spells to use though Marleybone. I throw a lot away also. I have been to my limit quite often if I don't keep after them. In the beginning I do try to use them up but they always seem to get away from me by the time I hit Celestia.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I use the ones that are dropped if they are decent, otherwise I sell them. About the only time I use them is if I just can't get my deck to cooperate (two pixies and all wands...yeah, happens more than you'd think).

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The only treasure cards I use are heals and utility spells. The side decks on all my wizards are crammed full of blades, pierce, feints, and the most important of them all..CLEANSE. I only keep one or two heals for emergencies.

I sell most of the other cards I get or I give them to my nieces and nephews. Since I grow Deadly Helephant Ears and Evil Magma Peas, I usually have an abundance of earthquake and scarecrow cards. I use them to craft teleporters for my houses.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I agree you can do most all PvE without treasure cards. Putting some fire dispels against the Jabberwock would be an example of when using treasure cards could be helpful.

I usually put emergency heals, premade colossal enchanted attacks, blades, traps, auras, maybe some Cleanse Charm or Dark Pact if I'm fighting fire mobs/bosses in Azteca (to combat efreets), or Pierce if I'm facing an Ice boss (to combat tower shields), or maybe Unicorns so you can make your almost dead friends happy.

There's lots of ideas for how to use your treasure deck in PvE, but certainly you can do PvE without them too. I rarely find myself using treasure cards, yet I still like to plan out what I might need or want in my side board.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
I always have Shatter and Cleanse Charm in my treasure card deck. Some of my wizards didn't train Reshuffle and Feint, so on those I use treasure card versions of the spells.

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 78

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There aren't many things you need to play the game. There are a lot of things that make it easier and faster. Treasure cards are like that. Utility spells, shields, reshuffle, heal, an extra buff or extra prism at the right time can turn a fight around, or save you (or someone else) when something goes wrong. Your side deck is your friend. I don't use TC often, but don't hesitate to use them when I need them.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
The only time I ever really use treasure cards at all in PvE is if I'm facing a cheating boss or if I'm playing with a group as the healer. I never really need them.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I used tc tempest when I had to defeat the judgement ememy.
But besides that, never

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Northlite on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I end up with a lot of excess TC's also, over 2 accounts it gets over whelming to weed them out. On several occasions I have sat in the commons and given them away by the boat loads, now a days it's rough to give them away because people are wary of that, lol, no I don't want a mount in exchange. Recently a young wizard wanted to hatch with my Leopard and did not have the gold for it so I gave him TC's and he was able to get the 21,000 gold for the hatch. He did get a leopard and I got his dragon.

In Avalon I actually remember having to buy dispels, fire for Jabba and Ice for young Morrie girl fight. I mostly just put a few spare school spells and maybe some sun ones for back up with my mob deck. I always carry a 1 pip sprite TC just in case someone joins and gets frail.

I do transfer some over to our lower level wizards also so they have a few higher then their level spells to use though Marleybone. I throw a lot away also. I have been to my limit quite often if I don't keep after them. In the beginning I do try to use them up but they always seem to get away from me by the time I hit Celestia.
just sel them at the bazaar

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Only Balance needs treasure cards in PvE.

-the other schools can all break shields with wands/damage over time spells or bypass them with prisms; Balance has no opposite and cannot convert to another school's damage to bypass shields.

This is particularly annoying when dealing with Balance bosses, who do nothing but spam tri-shields: it renders our elemental and spirit attacks completely useless, so we either have to continuously waste pips on Shatter, or attack at -50%. -Balance cannot wand off weakness: because they are universal, we will lose our blades and traps as well.

At level 90, we should not have to be the only ones that have to rely this heavily on treasure cards just to keep up with the other schools.

Either Shatter should be a Balance spell, or KI needs to give us something to put us on the same playing-field as everyone else.

Squire
May 10, 2013
If your facing a high level, you might wanna have a great supply of tc.

1. Tower Shield
2. Bladestrom
3. Dragonblade
4. Dragonspear
5.Balanceblade
6. Critical Full Pip Judgement.