Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Level 92/97 spells (resolving pvp issues)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
So the other day, I was looking at the message boards, reading one of many posts involving pvp-ers complaining, when it really struck me how much this game is split into sides. For the most part, there are two main groups in this game, namely, pvp-ers and pve-ers. Now I'm not all that big on pvp, but if I'm correct the people that only do pvp are much more into the strategy and competitiveness of the game, as oppose to the maybe not so involved pve-ers who mainly do quests. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like this conflict has messed up the game for a lot of us, even the people that have no part in it.

I think, with the next world, we could get two new spells, like avalon, that would either both be fine-tuned for pvp-ers and pie-ers alike, or one that would be for each. Below I have some ideas about what these spells might be, and when you read them, please remember that these are very early-stage, and I'm completely open to sugestions. Also, I tried to make spells that all would have a use in-game, unlike some of the avalon spells that just sit in your deck, constantly discarded.

#1:
Pip:1
Accuracy:90%
Type:Ward
Next incoming AoE spell ignores target
Use:Obvious. 0 damage.

#1:
Accuracy:70%
Type:Damage/Heal
250 damage or 150 health to target (enemies only)
Use:Hit or a miss. With storms damage, and critical it can probably hit near 1000, finishing them off, or if they have good outgoing boost, will heal them about half that.

#2:
Pip:3
Accuracy:60%
1000 damage and 2000 heal
Use:This was one of my favorites. If your enemy is under a thousand (or a little more with damage and crit), it kills, but if they're over a thousand it heals. However, going second with this spell would be interesting :D (p.s. tell me if you think this should be nerfed. I almost did it myself.)

1:
Accuracy:85%
+30% resistance
Use: This adds to your resist unlike tower, so this could potentially become immune.

2:
Accuracy:100%
-30 to next 3 damage spells
Use: Opposite of fuel

#1:
Type:Damage
200 damage to target and deal 100% to self
Use: AMAZING shield-braker. Taking away weakness and shields. (p.s. should it be moon damage or something not to activate death blades?)

#1:
Pip:2
Type:Heal
90 heal to self and 500 to target
Use: Pvp mainly. Destroying infection. Maybe too op?

#2:
500 heal to all enemies, 1000 heal to target
Use: Only works with less enemies

#1:
Type:Manipulation
Stun all enemies for 2 rounds stun self for 1 round
Use: Buying time with damage over time.

#2:
Pip: 2
Stun self for 1 round, cleanse ward from target and steal 8 pips from target
Use:Obvious.

#1:
Steal Polymorph

#2:
Pip:5
Type: Manipulation
Undo opponent's last move and deal 1/4 of your health to yourself
Use: Again, possibly very op, but could make up for the less powerful spell above.

Thanks for reading!

Survivor
May 13, 2013
I ran out space
For the second one,
Spell 2:
+100% to next incoming AoE spell (enemies only)
Use:Trapping an enemy to do double damage

And for the second one,
Spell 2:
10 + 30 over 3 rounds + 90 over three rounds
Maybe other kinds of damage because this would be intended as a shield-braker, so as not to use death traps and blades.
Use:Shieldbraker

Please tell me what you think of these ideas and again thank you for reading.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
So the other day, I was looking at the message boards, reading one of many posts involving pvp-ers complaining, when it really struck me how much this game is split into sides. For the most part, there are two main groups in this game, namely, pvp-ers and pve-ers. Now I'm not all that big on pvp, but if I'm correct the people that only do pvp are much more into the strategy and competitiveness of the game, as oppose to the maybe not so involved pve-ers who mainly do quests. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like this conflict has messed up the game for a lot of us, even the people that have no part in it.

I think, with the next world, we could get two new spells, like avalon, that would either both be fine-tuned for pvp-ers and pie-ers alike, or one that would be for each. Below I have some ideas about what these spells might be, and when you read them, please remember that these are very early-stage, and I'm completely open to sugestions. Also, I tried to make spells that all would have a use in-game, unlike some of the avalon spells that just sit in your deck, constantly discarded.

#1:

#1:
Use:Hit or a miss. With storms damage, and critical it can probably hit near 1000, finishing them off, or if they have good outgoing boost, will heal them about half that.

#2:
Use:This was one of my favorites. If your enemy is under a thousand (or a little more with damage and crit), it kills, but if they're over a thousand it heals. However, going second with this spell would be interesting :D (p.s. tell me if you think this should be nerfed. I almost did it myself.)

1:
+30% resistance
Use: This adds to your resist unlike tower, so this could potentially become immune.

2:

#1:
Use: AMAZING shield-braker. Taking away weakness and shields. (p.s. should it be moon damage or something not to activate death blades?)

#1:

#2:

#1:

#2:

#1:
Steal Polymorph

#2:
Use: Again, possibly very op, but could make up for the less powerful spell above.

Thanks for reading!
i like most of them except life #2 and the storm ones first of all no one would use life 2 for just one more pip they could use satyr which is barely less and doesn't heal enemies second of all the storm spells don't seem like the high damage storm is suppose to have when you put those heals in them

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Some of them are ok, but how come some deal damage and some don't? Unfair.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

#1:

#1:

#2:

1:
+30% resistance

2:

#1:

#1:

#2:

#1:

#2:

#1:
Steal Polymorph

#2:

Thanks for reading!
Some of those are not good but i see potential maybe one or 2 are actually usable for game play but yes i agree there should be more spells and sun trainers like azteca and avalon.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
critical blizzard on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
i like most of them except life #2 and the storm ones first of all no one would use life 2 for just one more pip they could use satyr which is barely less and doesn't heal enemies second of all the storm spells don't seem like the high damage storm is suppose to have when you put those heals in them
Thanks for the suggestions! You're definitely right about the life spell. Honestly I just put that on there because I didn't have another creative healing spell idea to use. Tell me if you have any ideas about that one. For the storm, I'd definitely use it. The first one, I might not, but I think the second one, if anything is op. Let's say you have a storm with 100 damage, a blade, and Galvanic Field up. Already, that's 3250, and if they crit, it's 6500. Assuming their opponent is a promethean, at the very least it would take about half their opponent's health. That's also assuming their opponent is an ice with 50 resist. See what I mean? Now if they did that first round, if they have a 50 outgoing boost, and maybe their opponent has a 50 incoming boost, thats 4500, enough to heal them just about all the way, or if they have half health left, it's an insta-kill.
Just for sake of argument, if I'm being true to my standpoint of two spheres of pvp and pve, I will consider the use in pve. This is a three pip kill to most, if not all azteca street monsters, and a cinch fighting bosses, take a third off the average azteca bosss' health. I think if anything, it would be overused, and eventually nerfed. But that's just my view .

Survivor
May 13, 2013
DarkstormsZ on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Some of those are not good but i see potential maybe one or 2 are actually usable for game play but yes i agree there should be more spells and sun trainers like azteca and avalon.
Thanks for the feedback!

Mind telling me which ones you like?

Survivor
May 13, 2013
SoupWizard64 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Some of them are ok, but how come some deal damage and some don't? Unfair.

True enough.

My general idea was that people hardly ever use the avalon spells, except for a couple (healing currents), so I wanted to create the most useful, most worthy spells for both pvp and pve.
Now the reason the storm ones deal damage is because storm's main skill is dealing damage, so I thought it would be nice to give them an extra boost.
As for death, the damage obviously would do absolutely nothing at level 90-100, so It is purely a weakness remover, smoke screen destroyer, shield braker, and trap killer. In fact I actually found that one to be the most helpful of them all. Lets say you have a -90% weakness, and a -25% weakness, and your fighting a boss like cerberus, that has three -40 shields on him, as well as a regular tower (probably doesn't know it, but stay with me here lol). On you, you also have a feint and a hex. Now you cast the spell. It starts out at 200, and with all the shields and weaknesses, it ends up at: 4 or 5, I don't know which way to round it. Now it's not much damage, to him, but remember it casts 100% on you. This means it takes away what it can of weakness on you, shields on the guy, and traps on you. So it does 8 - 11 to you(again, rounding fails me lol). Now, lets say you get the second death spell, the dot one. You cast it on the other cerberus with shields. In one round, it takes of all his shields, and if he replenishes them that round, it takes them off again in two rounds. Effective even with much damage, eh?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
the storm ones as we have all seen with sacrifice are outrageously weak as no matter how much damage they never finish off an enemy

Survivor
May 13, 2013
critical blizzard on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
the storm ones as we have all seen with sacrifice are outrageously weak as no matter how much damage they never finish off an enemy
Well then.

Not quite sure what you meant by the reference to sacrifice, but besides that, you're really not making very much sense. What do you mean "no matter how much damage they never finish off an enemy?"

Hang on here. Hold the phone

Ok, so there is a storm wizard, with 60% storm boost, much less than average, and they cast the second storm spell. Thats 1600 right there, so if your enemy is under 1600, and has no storm resist, they're dead. If they critical, thats even better, hitting 3200 damage. Math doesn't lie. Trust me.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
just a thing...
for the first myth one...
it makes no sense for me unless in a 4v4/3v3...
i would rather just use my stun all enemies for one round and not have me stunned at all

Defender
Dec 25, 2012

#1:

#1:

#2:

1:
+30% resistance

2:

#1:

#1:

#2:

#1:

#2:

#1:
Steal Polymorph

#2:

Thanks for reading!
all of these aren't fair you made it so storm can heal more then life! and why would someone heal the enemies when they can wait around and rebirth do more then what your spell was and give everyone a shield

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Well then.

Not quite sure what you meant by the reference to sacrifice, but besides that, you're really not making very much sense. What do you mean "no matter how much damage they never finish off an enemy?"

Hang on here. Hold the phone

Ok, so there is a storm wizard, with 60% storm boost, much less than average, and they cast the second storm spell. Thats 1600 right there, so if your enemy is under 1600, and has no storm resist, they're dead. If they critical, thats even better, hitting 3200 damage. Math doesn't lie. Trust me.
well most people have resistance shields and the reference to sacrifice is it is the same except damage and heal to you if you kill yourself with it it brings you back alive so with the storm spell even if you hit one mill it will bring them back with 2000 health or more depending on incoming healing

Survivor
May 13, 2013
critical blizzard on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
well most people have resistance shields and the reference to sacrifice is it is the same except damage and heal to you if you kill yourself with it it brings you back alive so with the storm spell even if you hit one mill it will bring them back with 2000 health or more depending on incoming healing
I see what you mean. Good point!

I guess if they were going to implement this, they would have to change that.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
wizard508million on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
all of these aren't fair you made it so storm can heal more then life! and why would someone heal the enemies when they can wait around and rebirth do more then what your spell was and give everyone a shield
Um, what? Storms can't heal more than life.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
life #1 seems cool but wouldn't destroy infection charms affect whole spell while traps affect one hit and so far there are no reduce incoming healing traps lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
With the exception of Balance spell #2, all of these are impractical and WAY overpowered.

-Ice already has immunity (IMO, 50-70 universal resist is immunity), and PvP and PvE players alike are already complaining about it... what makes you think anyone would want to give them more?

-In Avalon and Azteca, bosses (and even mobs) always have full pips, and stunning yourself for even one round is suicide. I shudder to think of what might happen if we got spells that stunned ourselves.

-Life does not not need more healing: they need attack power.

-Wizards can only get 7 pips max (that's 14 for your own school, if they're all power pips); so your Myth #2 that steals 8 pips is majorly OP.

Please, please, PLEASE rethink these!

-v.
90 and