Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Given a Dragon?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the mount is amazing~ my account was created far too late (feb. 2011) to qualify for one; i was disappointed, as i do collect mounts as a hobby, but i think it's an awesome way to reward the veteran players for their loyalty.

i haven't yet had the time to check out my new gifts in-game, but that dragon statue will make the perfect addition to my beautiful dragonspyre castle. thanks, ki!

to everyone else who complained, go back and reread crunkatog's post: she (he?) worded it perfectly.

happy birthday, ki~

Administrator
AScalia on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
will there dragons be buyable?
No, never. These rewards on only available through redemption of the bday5 code during the month of September 2013. They will never be available again in any way.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Hey !

The idea to reward players for their loyalty (the 5th anniversary gifts) is a great one but I think it is just penalizing players that haven't made their accounts earlier and quite frankly it's not fair and it's also frustrating !

To bas ethe gifts only on date of creation is a really REALLY bad idea in my opinion, it does not even take in consideration the players that have actually helped the game a lot by buying crowns or anything else but the date of creation !

I missed The dragon mount by 4 months and I find that really insulting and disappointing ! Because I did not want to join before ? no because there was not enough advertisement and I never saw it earlier on, I joined when I actually saw an add and now I'm penalized because of that ! Now A lot of players just fly that mount around right in my face and yes it's really frustrating !

The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !

I really hope KingsIsle rethinks their strategy on this matter because I think they are penalizing more players then actually rewarding them. Just a thought !

Thx for your time !
Don't be frustrated! Just keep playing w101, and i'm sure you will get your present during the next birthday celebration. BTW that was a celebration of the game, not us. lol We should have bought some presents for the game developers. :)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Was able to get the statue and cannon. Happy birthday wiz101!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hi all !

I REALLY stand-by my first post ! No matter how many (positive people) there are , I still think These mounts should have had more (obtainability) option other than JUST the creation date of the accounts.

If you have read my post, those talking about temper tantrums and complaining over thousand dollar bills would not have posted anything ! Makes me wonder if I wrote in the right language.

There is absolutely no consideration for the people who bought crowns for all these years, we go completely ignored , almost as if it makes no difference to them and almost has if it's not important in their eyes, they gave these mounts to reward the loyalty of players but totally tossed aside any/all importance of players spending lots of crowns to make the game work and survive even more; that was my point in my post !

And now to make matters even worse we have an admin who feels it's important to say those mounts will never be given ever again in no way possible, that's what I call rubbing it in our faces (no offense intended, it's just how I feel).

As I have clearly mentioned in my post, It was a GOOD idea of KI to give these rewards, the ONLY thing I complained about was the extremely limited criteria to get those mounts, especially when you miss it by only a few months and that you've helped the game a lot by buying crowns over the Years, to me it's a clear message that to them it means nothing. It would've been appreciated if they at least thought about that and actually considered giving a bit more possibilities than just (date of creation of accounts ).

Don't get me wrong, the auric gold statue is nice, much appreciated but as I've said before I'd give 10 of them just to get the mount (I seriously think) I should've been given as well.

Seems having an opinion nowadays is considered a temper tantrum. seems we all HAVE to agree with everyone else, sorry, it takes diversity to make the world better !

Thx again for the statue ! Adieu Mount.....

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
HikaruMidomiya on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi all !

I REALLY stand-by my first post ! No matter how many (positive people) there are , I still think These mounts should have had more (obtainability) option other than JUST the creation date of the accounts.

If you have read my post, those talking about temper tantrums and complaining over thousand dollar bills would not have posted anything ! Makes me wonder if I wrote in the right language.

There is absolutely no consideration for the people who bought crowns for all these years, we go completely ignored , almost as if it makes no difference to them and almost has if it's not important in their eyes, they gave these mounts to reward the loyalty of players but totally tossed aside any/all importance of players spending lots of crowns to make the game work and survive even more; that was my point in my post !

And now to make matters even worse we have an admin who feels it's important to say those mounts will never be given ever again in no way possible, that's what I call rubbing it in our faces (no offense intended, it's just how I feel).

As I have clearly mentioned in my post, It was a GOOD idea of KI to give these rewards, the ONLY thing I complained about was the extremely limited criteria to get those mounts, especially when you miss it by only a few months and that you've helped the game a lot by buying crowns over the Years, to me it's a clear message that to them it means nothing. It would've been appreciated if they at least thought about that and actually considered giving a bit more possibilities than just (date of creation of accounts ).

Don't get me wrong, the auric gold statue is nice, much appreciated but as I've said before I'd give 10 of them just to get the mount (I seriously think) I should've been given as well.

Seems having an opinion nowadays is considered a temper tantrum. seems we all HAVE to agree with everyone else, sorry, it takes diversity to make the world better !

There are things money just can't buy...

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hi all !

No, we don't all have to agree on the same thing (it's a boring place to live in, I'll agree), but you must remain respectable of other people opinions. Why players are saying temper tantrum and complaing is because we're seeing millions of players displeased that these mounts are going only to a select few and not everyone. To further that displeasure, we see everyone going all down in the dumps when we should be celebrating Wizard101's big day.

"There is absolutely no consideration for the people who bought crowns for all these years, we go completely ignored , almost as if it makes no difference to them and almost has if it's not important in their eyes, they gave these mounts to reward the loyalty of players but totally tossed aside any/all importance of players spending lots of crowns to make the game work and survive even more; that was my point in my post !"

You seem so hung up on the Crowns you've spent that you refuse to mention anything of the other point of view. Does it take money to build a game? Of course. Money is what allows KI to fund the updates and items necessary to keep this game running. It's been that way since day one of Wizard101. But is that the only thing? Absolutely not! They say it takes a villiage to raise a child. It takes a community to raise a game. You and I would not be evening talking right now, if it were not for players who started a group and start trading ideas and comments. These players who helped start this game to have a welcoming committee for future players and to provide the base of concerns and suggestions to make this game right. KI strives for that. If it had not been for those players who came in and stayed, no one would be here, you and I would be somewhere else, and this game would be in the grave. With the money brought into this game, you bring a community. And without that community, it's a graveyard.

"And now to make matters even worse we have an admin who feels it's important to say those mounts will never be given ever again in no way possible, that's what I call rubbing it in our faces (no offense intended, it's just how I feel)."
This is not the first time KI has done this (Boochbeard Bundle from Pirate101, Valor Sword weapon, Armanthine Staff, Valor's Shield etc.) and they stick to it. It's not rubbing in your face. You just want it to be that way because you keep thinking it and you keep saying it. This particular mount and statue will just not come back ever. But in my mind, KI could just take the model, strip the design, add a new design and voila! You have a mount with the same concept but different look. It will never be the Pioneer or Frontier Dragons.

You still have yet to say something constructive. So answer me, how would you disperse these gifts instead since you're so upset? I would simply suggest extend the time line to a little over a year on all gifts. That way you cover more poeple. If anything, add a variety of these mounts and statues waay down the line.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Hi all !

Those mounts were given in celebration of a date, the date the game started, its Birthday. They were not given to the rich players that spent a lot of money. That is not the point. If they had there would be quite justifiable complaints about favoring the rich. KingsIsle would never do that. It is all about the birthday, their birthday by the way. It would be more proper for us to be sending the developers appreciation gifts instead of complaining about the wonderful gifts they gave us. You are taking this personally. It is all about the date. Chance got you to see the ad when you did even though the advertising was out there long before you saw it. When I joined I had never seen one ad. I was invited by a neighbor that wanted a questing partner.
They are not ignoring your crowns you spent. I have spent a lot of crowns too but it has nothing to do with the gifts. They are Not buyer appreciation gifts. They are player appreciation gifts for when they joined and how close it was to the game's birthday. This is all about the birthday, remember? There will be people who miss the date by hours no matter when it is placed. It is not KingsIsle's fault when you joined. Your join date just Is. This is all about their birthday and when we were playing relative to that. Buying crowns is nice and they totally appreciate that. It just has nothing to do with their birthday. This is about them, not us.
You will not always get your way in life no matter how much money you spend. Some things money cannot buy. Like changing your start date. Money does not rule all of life, and it shouldn't.
Just shake it off and go on. Let's enjoy our beloved game and stop feeling like people are rubbing your face in anything. They are not. It is all about a birthday and those that got mounts are no better than you are. No one is rubbing your face in anything. It was just chance.
Now lets just go play.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hi all !

I think making the mount a dual purpose item would defeat it's original purpose. If I get this right, you want to be in on the mount thing because you bought the most crowns? So now the dragon shows you were an original player and/or had the crowns to buy it or got rewarded it because of all the crowns you bought?

Or, you feel that KI is not rewarding you enough for all the money you have spent on the game so you want some sort of freebies thrown your way?

That is just reducing me to useless I guess because I didn't join the game early enough and I don't spend a lot of crowns to play the game, ugh.

I am not good with jealousy or greed so I am just confused.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I have the same issue and its been 24 hours for me and still no frontier dragon. The site confirms I should have my frontier dragon and the other statues.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
A note to say thank you for the gifts you GAVE for YOUR birthday; Happy Birthday! to Wizard's creators. You have provided my friends and me with countless hours ( and hours, and hours) of fun. Here's to many more years of success, looking forward to your 10-year celebration

Administrator
KiritoandAsunaplus... on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I have the same issue and its been 24 hours for me and still no frontier dragon. The site confirms I should have my frontier dragon and the other statues.
You received it, and you equipped it on Savannah RubyGem.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Congrats to those who got mounts I hope you enjoy them but in all honesty just a statue is a pretty steep drop off from a unique one of a kind most likely never gonna be available again unbuyable mount KI could've at least gave everyone else a pet pioneer or frontier dragon or even a decent amount of gold but hey no need in crying over spilled milk I'll just keep working on getting my gold for a mount from the crowns shop

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
ya i was never given the other items i just got the cannon

Administrator
SummerWolf302 on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
ya i was never given the other items i just got the cannon
Yes you were. You received

Auric Dragon Statue and Frontier Dragon (Permanent)

You are currently riding your Frontier Dragon on Alexis IcePetal.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
I got the Auric Pioneer Dragon Icon statute. Am I supposed to get a dragon mount?? If so why haven't I gotten it? If you can answer my question that would be awesome thanks:) Also, what kind of dragon would I get?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Hi all !

Sorry, but buying a bunch of crowns doesn't obligate KI to give you the birthday mount. As nice as you try to make your post, it just sounds like sour grapes that someone else got something and you didn't.

I didn't get the dragon mount. I didn't get the dragon statue that spits out confetti. I got the confetti cannon and a non-functioning statue. Yes, I still think they are cool and are sitting at one of my houses to admire when I and my friends visit.

I have also bought lots of crowns. I mean LOTS of crowns in the time I've played this game, and yet I don't feel as though KI must give me something for that.

The Wizard101 Birthday Celebration is just that .... a BIRTHDAY (meaning it has something to do with a special date in time). Having fun and rewarding those who have been with the game for these 5 years is the cats meow and no one should take that away from them.

Administrator
Abigail Nicole on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
I got the Auric Pioneer Dragon Icon statute. Am I supposed to get a dragon mount?? If so why haven't I gotten it? If you can answer my question that would be awesome thanks:) Also, what kind of dragon would I get?
You created your account on Nov 19, 2009 (it says so under your name in your posts on these Message Boards)
This page clearly shows which reward(s) you will get based on the date you created your account
https://www.wizard101.com/game/5th-birthday-items

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Lol guys, if the mount was more than 40% then you can complain, these are all cosmetic, be thankful they aren't giving us more. xD Thanks greyrose (and KI)!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
All the people saying they did not get it and Greyrose saying "Yes you did" makes me wonder if they are trying to get two of them.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Balance princess on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
......I wish I could sell my statue though
Altho it maybe sell-able at a furniture store it would not be practical to be able to sell it at the Bazaar because then any one could have it?

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Balance princess on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
......I wish I could sell my statue though
Balance Princess x Whispers x That is a little rude. If someone gives you a gift and you don't like it, it is best not to tell the giver, hurt feelings and all.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL I'm not trying to be rude I just want to sell anything I'm not really gonna use right now because I'm trying to earn enough gold to buy a mount which is something I've been wanting for a very long time because it's second best to teleporting and gets you places a bit quicker than walking/running