Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are people so mean when then win or lose?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
Hi Megan here! I was wondering, why are people so mean when they win or lose? So I play pvp once in a while and every time I play, it is NEVER good game. So if people agree, please reply. Thank You!

Megan Skywalker Level 83 Ice Wizard P.S, the players always say to my team ' You guys are so mean when you lose! ' XD Not very good at pvp btw!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Sorry to hear you were bullied in the Arena. It seems to be the norm these days, as good sportsmanship has flown out the window. Unfortunately, the acts of rude/harassing/bullying players are the ones ruining the fun of PvP as well as the entire game.

There are many of us, the Wizard City Protectors, who visit the Arena quite often and check out the matches. We do report if the Terms of Use has been broken. Of course, we are not able to visit every match at all times of the day, but we do have a presence in the Arena and are watching out for those who just want to have fun.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Glacier Girl on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi Megan here! I was wondering, why are people so mean when they win or lose? So I play pvp once in a while and every time I play, it is NEVER good game. So if people agree, please reply. Thank You!

Megan Skywalker Level 83 Ice Wizard P.S, the players always say to my team ' You guys are so mean when you lose! ' XD Not very good at pvp btw!
It happens, some people just don't like losing. Don't let them get to you and don't worry if they false report you. Most likely you've done nothing wrong and it will either be ignored or they will get in trouble for false reporting. It's a part of PvP, and sadly, will probably continue to stay there.

If you don't like seeing enemy PvP chat I'd recommend turning it off.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
This happens to me all the time. I am insulted about my gear a lot.

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
Good tip Scarlet! But still, what if they are a little kid? And they can't handle that kind of bad behavior? Just saying to all the little guys out there! It still kinda makes me sad too. Any ways, i want to make it stop! There is no way people have to listen to that kind of stuff! I wish people would say 'Good Game.' once in a while. Thanks to all the PvP people out there!
Megan Skywalker Level 82 Ice Wizard
See ya guys around in the spiral!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Glacier Girl on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:

I don't know, I feel for you though. Whenever I find a good sport I'm like woohooo! Add me! Because you're nice! Just keep searching, a lot of my best friends in game are from PvP and are really nice. I try to say gg after every match out of courtesy even if I lost to a critical no block (on my main PvPers I can't block at all). Yesterday my level 30 Balance Warlord fought a level 50 Balance Warlord (who had critical) and I beat her, from second mind you, the reason I won was a cloaked Balance dispel. I was celebrating at the loss of all those pips on judgement that she got dispelled from and a guy on the sidelines was telling me that she was calling me a "noob" but he made a great comment in my defense saying that she was getting beat by a level 30 from second. (I added him later) but after the match she was saying curse words around the filters so I reported and said "cursing around filters" then she did it again, and I reported again, and once more before she finally got the message. I even warned her several times not to curse. She also threatened to make her "dad" who "works for KI" ban me. I ignored this comment and kept talking to my new friend on the sideline, I left saying, gg, and good luck banning me.

Wolf Legend, hating bad sports.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
That's considered one of the better things.

Did a 4v4 once and my team beat them, then again I fought them and after winning (again) they reported me.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
i am not really sure why they are so mean to the other players, maybe it's because they love to rub their victory's in the other player(s) faces!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
I don't know, I feel for you though. Whenever I find a good sport I'm like woohooo! Add me! Because you're nice! Just keep searching, a lot of my best friends in game are from PvP and are really nice. I try to say gg after every match out of courtesy even if I lost to a critical no block (on my main PvPers I can't block at all). Yesterday my level 30 Balance Warlord fought a level 50 Balance Warlord (who had critical) and I beat her, from second mind you, the reason I won was a cloaked Balance dispel. I was celebrating at the loss of all those pips on judgement that she got dispelled from and a guy on the sidelines was telling me that she was calling me a "noob" but he made a great comment in my defense saying that she was getting beat by a level 30 from second. (I added him later) but after the match she was saying curse words around the filters so I reported and said "cursing around filters" then she did it again, and I reported again, and once more before she finally got the message. I even warned her several times not to curse. She also threatened to make her "dad" who "works for KI" ban me. I ignored this comment and kept talking to my new friend on the sideline, I left saying, gg, and good luck banning me.

I wouldn't report multiple times for continued repeats that close together. However, a second report for Secondary Kingsisle Employee Impersonation (Might have to say "Lie about Employ" or something since the reports can't be all that long) would be acceptable. I've personally never even been able to win with judgement( Spectral blast and Chimera ftw!) on my balance, but I know that some people like using it.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
yeah today i was watching a friend pvp and this guy named elijah was going on just because he lost and at the end i misstyped and said "he is in a match" cause my friend didnt wanna fight him again... and being really immature calling me a kid and stuff just because i misstyped and ended up ignoring me.. people these days

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Glacier Girl on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Good tip Scarlet! But still, what if they are a little kid? And they can't handle that kind of bad behavior? Just saying to all the little guys out there! It still kinda makes me sad too. Any ways, i want to make it stop! There is no way people have to listen to that kind of stuff! I wish people would say 'Good Game.' once in a while. Thanks to all the PvP people out there!
Megan Skywalker Level 82 Ice Wizard
See ya guys around in the spiral!
I actually think that some of the people cursing around the filters are little kids/teens/college age players. Now, I'm not saying that all do it, but some will. The best thing to prevent people from seeing abuse is menu chat, but if that doesn't work there's always ignore buttons and the aforementioned Enemy Chat button. It's not fun meeting people like that in PvP but at least we have ways to ignore them.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
HI, I have noticed that many people are rude in PVP. If you lose, some wizards say you are a noob. If you win, the player you played against starts blaming you for healing, using to many blades..etc. etc.
I hate that. I have had enough of it.
I start to get all sad. Anybody else having the same problem?

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I always say good game, no matter if I lose or win. (And I usually lose. )

It makes me happy when they say good game when I lose- it lets me know that I made an effort, and that I have learned somethings about strategy that will make me stronger next time.

I try to be nice to people in PvP. I was doing a practice on my storm (at her current level) and got paired up with an apprentice. Don't know how that happened. Anyways, I waited to attack for a while, and let him have a slight chance- and it turned out that he was pretty good. (Or maybe it's just that I'm really bad...) But eventually I used the second weakest spell in my deck, and finished the match. I made sure to say good game, and that he was really good.

People can just be so rude in PvP. Don't let it bother you.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Sorry if my post here doesn't make any sense.
It was originally for the sportsmanship thread but I guess it got moved.
So there's a wizard who's dad works in K.I.? Would have reported her if I had been there Skull singer. Anyways play nice please everyone .

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I find that there are 3 main types of people I get. The ones that battle and don't say a word either way win or lose. Which kind of bothers me but not to much. Then there are the people that are just cruel and either are super mean when they win or are really bad losers. I usually just brush it off but it can be hurtful. And then there are my absolute favorite kind which are people that I can talk to and are really good sports win or lose. In fact I have made more friends in PVP than anywhere else in the game. But it can be hard in some matches when you get a team that's mean and than all their friends who are also mean. Sometimes its best just to put them on ignore and just do the best you can. ( still need a balance)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
as a parent I have given my ten year old daughter filtered chat cause it has helped her learn to spell and talk with me, she LOVES to pvp, and in the matches I notice that if she wins they harass her to the point where it makes her sob... she refuses to now play the game which breaks my heart... I don't want to give her menu chat as I feel that is unfair to her, I do wish ki would put something in the parental control where she can have filtered chat with Only people she has on her friends list so not to see nasty comments made to her, as her mother I can only block and report so many times for her.... I would love it if they gave that option for families who like to play and pvp to only see friend chat and nothing else....

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Most likely because, They are the people you defeat friends.One time me and a lvl. 84 wizard fought another couple of 80 lvl wizards and won, but in the end i ended up getting reported for beating them.

Quin GoldGlen

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:

This is the exact same problem I have come across many times. Not just on Wizard101 but many other online games. The problem I'm talking about is doing something the other player did not like, and then they threaten to ban you because one of their family members is supposedly an employee of KI or another gaming company. It's pretty obvious that the person working for the company is not going to simply ban the person just because of what their child says. I can't think of one parent that actually listens to their own child, when they are the parent. Also this bad sportsman ship is another problem. What I've figured out in past experience is that the person who is bullying the person out of anger for losing just feels they are better than the person who won. Even if you lose, you still should never call the person names. Even if I win or lose, I ALWAYS say "Good game." or "GG".

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
If people puppet they auto maticly lost as a wizard but won as a scum bag to everyone who gets harrashed in pvp i,m just going to say sry even though i dint harash people

I,m harrashed when ever i do a 2v2 3v3 4v4 so i only do 1v1 now i,m good at it and everyone i,ve faced was nice even if they lost or won and 1v1 is a puppet free zone

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
While I'm one of those who, no matter what, will always say good game. My take on it is the fact that if you lose, the other wizard believes they are superior to you because they beat you in a video game. If you win, they believe that, despite all evidence that this is highly impossible, you must have cheated. somehow, some way. Unfortunately, the world is filled with people like this and there isn't anything you can really do about it except either ignore it or laugh it off. Hope if I pvp again(unlikely), I meet you guys in the arena

Joshua Starflame
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Very sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience. It isn't always that way. Yes I have met some very mean people in pvp no doubt about it but honestly some of my closest friends I have met in the arena many of them from battles in which one of us killed the other. Not every one is a sore winner or loser but it can be very discouraging when you get someone who is. Just remember the problem is them not you and as long as you carry yourself well and treat other players with respect you will be fine.