Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

street name change

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
guys is it me or is a name change in order for the fire street fire cat ally i mean there are no fire cats i think it should be now be named from refrence from the comic abracadoodle fire elf ally it would make it so i was a lot less confused with it and ki will you plz stop posting my posts on the wrong topic plz i prob sounded quite strange with my first post ever when i wanted to make my own topic lol
taylor ghost leaf lvl 49 life

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Theamazingbalance on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
guys is it me or is a name change in order for the fire street fire cat ally i mean there are no fire cats i think it should be now be named from refrence from the comic abracadoodle fire elf ally it would make it so i was a lot less confused with it and ki will you plz stop posting my posts on the wrong topic plz i prob sounded quite strange with my first post ever when i wanted to make my own topic lol
Have you seen the statues in Fire Cat Alley? That is what I have taken the streets to be named after.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
No. I think Firecat Alley is appropriate. Here is some history on it:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Firecat_Alley

"One of the three streets branching off of Olde Town, Firecat Alley is home to a variety of both Undead and Fire-type creatures. As in other areas, the Alley became plagued with Undead, and unfortunately, the Fire Elves themselves became corrupted, and it is up the player to discover the cause and bring an end to it."

"The Firecat" is one of the fire spells. And anyway, "cats" usually hang out in alleys, not elves. I think it would sound strange as Fire Elf Alley.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
I have to agree with aulra... There are not even any cats!!!Then again there are those large Firecat Statues on almost every corner...
I have mixed feeling about the name.
Wizard lvl. 42

Survivor
Nov 21, 2011
I think they should keep it the same because of it was named something else it wouldn't make sense as much. They should leave it alone and focus there time to add knew things and fix big problems rather then spending time on changing a street name.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Did you ever see a Colossus on Colossus Blvd? Does the Kraken count as a Triton on Triton Avenue? Some things are not meant to make a lot of sense.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
My vote is keep names as they are, trying to make things too literal takes the magic away.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
Well yeah there Isent but there is lot of fire guys.
But I have to agree there Isent that much fire stuff.
Only the guys you fight!!!!!!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
So, there has been triton avenue and you dont see tritons do you

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
Travis T on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
So, there has been triton avenue and you dont see tritons do you
Uh kraken is the triton

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
I highly disagree reasons why (Please note that this has nothing to do with the statues in this comment and is 100% my opinion)

1. Unicorn way: There are only souls, pirates and fairies here not very many other enemies.

2. Triton avenue: There are golems, ghouls, banshee,s a Kraken and a Scarecrow I havent fought a triton.

3. Colossus boulevard: Last time I checked there were only gobblers, snowmen and a troll here, no colossus.

So you see the only reason you think it needs to change is because your focusing mainly on Firecat alley, not the rest. And that is what i am thinking

- Cody Ashead LVL 71

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
There are no Tritons on Triton Avenue, no Unicorn's on Unicorn Way, and no colossuses (colossi?) on Colossus Boulevard. The name of the street is based on the school that it is themed after, not after what is actually on the street. We wouldn't want Skeletal Pirate Way and Gobbler Boulevard, now, would we?