Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best idea ever!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Guys! We should totally get mounts for doing school only quests. Like death might get a chariot with dead skeleton horses and life could ride centaurs!
Tell me your ideas,
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 49

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I wish

But KI gets a lot of money from people who want mounts, I don't think they would give that up.

Although I do wish we could have kept our Drake from DS

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Put the renaissance wings and the mechanical wings in the game as crafted mounts.

Buy the recipe from a Celestian crab guy named Leonardo, or the fellow with the recipes in Crustacean Empire. Or give the recipes to Koyate Ghostmane, although for one thing I do not want to have to wait till I'm lvl 64 to craft a mount.

Obtaining the crafting recipe itself is a trick - you need about 50K gold, but ALSO need to have collected the Krokotopia map, the MB blueprints for Newgate Prison/Big Ben, and the plans from the side quest in Dragonspyre. You would need only to have "looked at" these blueprints, even if you've already sold them or placed them in your house as decoration you can still buy the recipe. Also need to be Grandmaster Crafter or higher, so you may have had to work up through the Floating Land.

The reagents and recipes should be convoluted, but feasible for the no-crowns legendary. No amber, no turquoise, none of that. Just puzzling nested recipes (like the conga drums for the Spirit Drums) or a TC you have to craft first (a useful one for your school, not an albatross like Treant).

I would also throw in a clockwork spider as a mount, for people who like that sort of thing (an actual ground pounder instead of a wizard with strapped-on wings) and maybe a Victorian-style pennyfarthing bicycle that steers itself by magic.

And at least one two-seater option, a monster of crafting sort of like the CL housing - the dirigible. Built like a wee steam-age air ship, it features an ornate gilded gondola that seats 2 wizards (or maybe 3) and a bright canvas and silk balloon you can dye in the dye shop (for a hefty chunk of gold). A tiny efreet or fire elemental dwells in the rigging, and when you lift off or change direction, he generates a gout of flame that lifts the balloon.

Lastly for crowns only: stitch a mount to another mount of the same speed and carrying capacity. Sick of rickshaw? Stitch to sabertooth tiger.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Best Idea Ever
It would be awesome

I thought of a mount you could get in Krokotopia

It's sort of like a wing mount,
It's a fire tornado which goes 35% faster.
It's goes all the way up to your waste.

MBCSnake0708 level 28

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
wizardrokz on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I wish

But KI gets a lot of money from people who want mounts, I don't think they would give that up.

We wouldn't give it up. It would be seperate.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I wish

I think a slowed down version could work. You do a quest and get a mount that goes 20% faster and is permanent. When they see mounts going faster, they'll still want them. If I had a broom that only boosted speed by 20%, but saw a friend on a broom that went twice as fast, I would want that to keep up with them.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
Storm could be like a storm cloud you sit on with lightning! Or maybe a wave with a surfboard!
Megan Stormshard

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Wow O:

That would be so cool!!!!!

ooh maybe the quests could start halfway so when your level 50 ( or whenever KI wanted it too start )

I imagine the mount to be like sand horse you know like the horse is made out of sand :D
and for the first comment i liked the idea of school's mount to be a chariot with undead horses pulling it .
could be maybe a chimera mount also like the hydra so your other two best buddies could ride on the other heads while you where on the middle head ( that would be so cool )
ice could maybe be well i was thinking of the pegasus in the ice spell ( not sure what the name is sorry)
ooh fire could be a lion but on fire and a bit bigger than the regular big cat mounts :D

yeah the life school mount would be pretty cool if it was a centaur :)

Then finally my school :D i was maybe thinking like the phoenix mount instead the color was you know purple and yellow bolts coming out of the feathers so when it flapped it wings it looked like lighting bolts where coming out XD

Then i am not sure about the , and schools maybe since it is not a school you can be like storm life myth death balance ice fire maybe KI wont make mounts for these schools ( even though if they are planning to make these mounts)

Well hoped you liked my ideas

Mary Moonblossom
school: storm level 50 :D

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Haha that would be cool. But this is very unlikely to happen.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Would have centaur
Would have Orthrus
Would have skeletal horses
Would have sun serpent
Would have an ice beetle
Would have a lightning bat
Would have a krok chariot
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 50

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I think a slowed down version could work. You do a quest and get a mount that goes 20% faster and is permanent. When they see mounts going faster, they'll still want them. If I had a broom that only boosted speed by 20%, but saw a friend on a broom that went twice as fast, I would want that to keep up with them.
good point and people would still need to be a member to get these half as fast mounts

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I wish

Well, maybe KI would be willing to do that if the wizard could only get the quest at an extremely high level, and the quest would be extremely hard. :)

Survivor
May 21, 2013
i got a good idea but it's not gonna be as great as anyone's idea right now XD i was thinking about the pvp commander robe (coat of invincibility) since that is like the most popular robe on wizard101 they should put one of those in the crown shop it should be a different version of the guardian's vestment (for gold and crowns just like guardian's vestment) and the robe should have no stats (just like guardian's robe) and it should look exactly like the pvp commander robe. this robe should be for people who just want the robe for stitch and not stats and people who don't like ranked pvp or care about their rank (like me) so that would be great if KI added this even though it is highly doubtful and kingsisle doesn't make much money from pvp anyways so that just makes my idea sound a little bit better XD i hope you liked my idea (Blaze moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender lvl 63)