Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools, Spells .... level 42!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Hey I just hit level 42 and got my Colossus and Stormzilla, so my schools are Ice and Storm, but...
I have a question.

After level 42 I know I still have spells to learn for Ice, but what about Storm? I've got conflicted answers here, where as someone just told me about my primary school not my secondary.

So can I learn spells from my secondary school(storm) after level 42? Or am I supposed to take on a new school like it said when you do the "orientation quest"?

When learning magic from the Astral Schools(Star, Sun, Moon) Will they cost training points? Or is it like your primary school you choose one and get spells free from there, then the others you use training points for?

What would be the best Astral School for me to choose? Star or Moon? I took Sun out as a possibility as it focuses on individual spells. Plus when I get some more crowns in the future I'll be buying back my training points any suggestions on what Secondary I should choose and spells from other trainers I should get?

Last What spells do I get at level 48 and 50 i think it was?

P.S. Professor Greyrose if you would be so kind as to answer these please.

-Richard Golddust(currently) Level 42 Ice/Storm

Survivor
Mar 08, 2013
well the school your in is ice right i am storm and i got tempest do you and i bet not i am level 31 storm.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
stonekeeper45 I don't quite understand what you mean.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Anybody? Everybody plz reply i need crucial help.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
you can only learn up to level 42 in your secondary school i am afraid

on a tip: i will save your points for the astral schools

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
yep~ all spells after level 42 are school-only quest spells; you cannot purchase these with training points.

and nathan is right... save your points for the astrals.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for telling me that. But one more question. When I buy back my points i'm already going to get my elemental blades from niles and train in death. but should I train in death or should i choose life and train the spiritual blade too?

Richard G. Now- &
I want to be-&
but i'm not sure whether i want to be &instead.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
IceNinjaRichardG on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for telling me that. But one more question. When I buy back my points i'm already going to get my elemental blades from niles and train in death. but should I train in death or should i choose life and train the spiritual blade too?

Richard G. Now- &
I want to be-&
but i'm not sure whether i want to be &instead.
If you want my opinion, do none of these. clearly you are new to strategy of the game. training wholly in a secondary school for the purpose of getting their attacks is a bad idea. you could enrol in , then train up
until you get feint, because this will help the damage of your ice spells. after that, save up until the astral spells are unlocked, then buy the ones that suit you; I wouldn't invest in the spells if I were you.

~ Valerian FireBreeze Lv 89

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
It depends on how you want to play.

If you decide to learn death you'll learn feint, an essential trap that will increase your damage by a lot, making battles easier.

If you go for life you can learn some healing which would be nice to have and be able to heal your teammates.

Personally, I'd go for death because in the damage department, ice is lacking. Ice can already defend their team and taunt their enemies so healing wouldn't be as crucial.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
After you buy your points. Here's what i'd do if I was you. Instead of learning a whole class. Just get the good stuff. So train life until you get Satyr, then Balance until Weakness, then save your points for Sun spells (Colossal, Gargantuan,etc.) and get Storm Shield from that girl in Fairgrounds. And get life dispel from the secret trainer in Colossus Blvd. and if you can, get feint and infection. These are all good spells if you want to be a great wizard. I'm a Promethean so i'd listen to what I've said if I were you. Trust me !

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the replies.

Here's what i was thinking:

Train death all the way so i can also have Wraith.
Train life to Satyr.
Get my extra spells.
Save for Astral.

But I think this is what ill do.
Train Death to Feint
Train Life to Satyr(since theres no point after that, duh)
Perhaps train Balance to weakness idk yet
Train Infection, and Entangle. Why storm shield bro?
Save rest for Still between Star and Sun( i'm starting to like sun more since i can put multiple of those in my deck. And theres the mutates)
Is it possible to train Star to Vengeance then the rest Sun?
Train SpiritBlade
Train ElementalBlade(i messed up when i trained E.Trap)

Since I'm leveling up to 45 should I change my Gear?
Current Gear: HawkRider Cowl: +146H +5D% +5A% Colossus spell
HawkRider Uniform: +242H +5D% +6R% Death Ninja Pigs spell
Karanahns Charged Grieves: +200H +5A% +3D% +5R% To myth Balance Blade +30% spell
Golden Dragon Fear Banner: +2% Heal Boost adds 2 cards each. Earthquake, Torment, Blitz
Fushiko's Amulet: Phoenix Spell
I can deal with my Athame, ring and deck.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Since you are ice, (me too) you will get special spell quests, only for ice students after level 42. You will not get it from storm, because you're not studying this school as your main school. At level 48 begins your first after-lvl-42-spell-quest. That's frost giant. You begin on special quests when you start the "ennrollment" quest. Each school has it's own spell quests. When you start the frost giant quests, storm wizards star the storm lord quests. You may have noticed that ice wizards are the only who gets the spells such as ice prism and frostbite (unless they have treasure cards). After you have got yourself to Celestia, you can train astral spells (moon, sun, and star) to be your secondary school. I have choosen moon. You can also train another school, like fire.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
IceNinjaRichardG on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Here's what i was thinking:

Train death all the way so i can also have Wraith.
Train life to Satyr.
Get my extra spells.
Save for Astral.

But I think this is what ill do.
Train Death to Feint
Train Life to Satyr(since theres no point after that, duh)
Perhaps train Balance to weakness idk yet
Train Infection, and Entangle. Why storm shield bro?
Save rest for Still between Star and Sun( i'm starting to like sun more since i can put multiple of those in my deck. And theres the mutates)
Is it possible to train Star to Vengeance then the rest Sun?
Train SpiritBlade
Train ElementalBlade(i messed up when i trained E.Trap)

Since I'm leveling up to 45 should I change my Gear?
Current Gear: HawkRider Cowl: +146H +5D% +5A% Colossus spell
HawkRider Uniform: +242H +5D% +6R% Death Ninja Pigs spell
Karanahns Charged Grieves: +200H +5A% +3D% +5R% To myth Balance Blade +30% spell
Golden Dragon Fear Banner: +2% Heal Boost adds 2 cards each. Earthquake, Torment, Blitz
Fushiko's Amulet: Phoenix Spell
I can deal with my Athame, ring and deck.
I'm glad that you took the advice of others and I think that you have made a good decision on what to use your training points on. I trained to get weakness, because it proves to be useful in some battles and it's ok for pvp too.

~ Valerian FireBreeze LV 90
~ Galen FireBreeze LV 5
~ Wolf FireBreeze LV 5
~ Angel FireBreeze LV 20
~ Kane FireBreeze LV 5
~ Logan FireBreeze LV 31

SEE YOU IN THE SPIRAL