Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharpened Blade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
Hello Wizards,

I Really don't get how the sharpened blade is used

Any help would be Appreciated

Thank you,

Brandon Lightsword
( 52 )

Defender
May 29, 2009
Sharpened blade is a sun spell that you put on a blade, causing it to be 10% more. If you put sharpened blade on a 40% ice blade, it would now become a 50% ice blade. That is how sharpened blade works.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv76
"Don't fight fire with fire, unless you have a convert"

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jFIRE0 on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards,

Thank you,

Brandon Lightsword
( 52 )
Add sharpened blade to any of your regular school blades and it raises the amount by 10%.

Example: I apply Sharpened Blade (click on Sharpened Blade and then Click on regular Blade in hand) to my regular 25% Balance Blade and it increases it to 35%.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
i'm afraid, in order to train for this spell , you'll need to gain 34 more levels! sharpened blade is only trainable at a minimum of level 86 in azteca. you can train for it from the sun trainer.
if you only want to know how it works, here's a basic overveiw:
your ic. thats handy, so am i. basically lets say hypotheticaly, 5 cards are drawn from your deck. a tough enhancment, colossus, two ice blades, and sharpened blade. if you apply the tough to the colossus, it will gain 75 extra attack. sharpened blade works the same way. it gives +10% to any blade you would apply it to the smae way you'd apply a tough to a colossus.
ok, so now you have four cards left. the enhanced colossus, the ice blades and the sharpened blade. at this point, i would cast a normal ice blade to get it on the board before a monster can cast weakness cause we all know they love that. once its your turn again, put the sharpened blade on your other normal ice blade by left clicking the sharpened blade, then left clicking the ice blade. now the ice blade will say +50% to any ice damage spell. then cast it and you have two ice blades up. a 40% and a 50% ice blade. when you cast the colossus (you dont have to enhance the colossus, that was just an example) the colossus will trigger both ice blades instead of the normal one, because their no both 40% anymore. this is particularly helpful with tougher bosses, but its not exactly meant for grandmaster level.
if you just want the treasure card, good luck because i've never found one ad i'm pretty sure their no trade
hope this helps
jason thundersword, promethean

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hello Wizards,

Thank you,

Brandon Lightsword
( 52 )
jFIRE0,

The spell Sharpened Blade boosts your Blade +10%.
For instance, if you have a +40% Life Blade, you can enchant it with the Sharpened Blade. The Life Blade will now give +50% to your next Life attack.

Fellow Wizard,
Miranda Thundergem LVL52

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Hello Wizards,

Thank you,

Brandon Lightsword
( 52 )
well I am guessing that you mean how odes it work?

+10% to one spell .... for example....

plus 30% put the spell on it will make it plus 40%....

Thanks For Reading....

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
As others have said, it is used to enchant blades with the exception of gear, pet or tc blades.
Same as potent trap for traps/feint.
They will stack with the unenchanted version too. But they do not form a tc that you can use later. I tried this last night in golem court. No dice.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
You must be level 86 or above to get the quest and train the spell.

To use it, first click on it and click on the blade your gonna use it on.

For some reason the sharpened blade can be use with your regular blade so for ex:

My sharpened myth blade (45%) can go along with my normal 35% myth blade.

I don't know if this is a glitch or suppose to happen.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
At first glance it seems kinda worthless because it only adds 10% to a blade. Good but not great. But the huge value is it changes the blade, allowing it to be stacked on another blade of the same type that hasn't been sharpened. Fantastic if you are building up for a big hit.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I bought the card spell sharpened blade and potent...Why doesnt it let you make Treasure Cards...You can with Garguantuan and etc..cards

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Jkert1967 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I bought the card spell sharpened blade and potent...Why doesnt it let you make Treasure Cards...You can with Garguantuan and etc..cards
The trained sharpened blade does not make tc, never did. And Gargantuan does not make the card a tc unless gargantuan is a tc.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
The sharpened blade works by...................It boosts the percentage of your positive spell :)

Scarlet Moonheart 78

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sharpened blade and potent trap are two of the most useful spells in the game.. They cost a training point to buy (each), cost nothing to cast and seriously bring the rain when it comes to damage. Because they can double the amount of traps and blades, when combined with Colossal, which adds an additional 275 pts of damage (except for death which is slightly different), that's a ton of extra FREE damage (it costs you nothing to add that extra damage).