Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game patching - why so much

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Every time I load the game, it patches files.

Now I could understand this if I only loaded the game once in a while, but I play every day. And it will patch the files as if i hadn't loaded it in a month even if I only closed it down five minutes before (such as when I have to go afk, and don't make it back before the game times out).

And now, there are so many patches it takes almost 10 minutes every time I open the game for it to patch everything and eventually tell me "download complete".

Is it not possible for the game to set markers, check the download dates and times, or do something so it knows that the files are up to date and don't need to be downloaded every single time the game loads?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Now you are one of the brighter ones. So this is what I think: KingIsle has to propose your solution through a board, get approved by the CEO, and then adjust the patching for millions of people's computers, which would get very ridiculous.
Very.
Dang.
Quickly.
XD

Hope this helps! :D

-Jared WinterFlame
Legendary Sorcerer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Every time I load the game, it patches files.

Now I could understand this if I only loaded the game once in a while, but I play every day. And it will patch the files as if i hadn't loaded it in a month even if I only closed it down five minutes before (such as when I have to go afk, and don't make it back before the game times out).

And now, there are so many patches it takes almost 10 minutes every time I open the game for it to patch everything and eventually tell me "download complete".

Is it not possible for the game to set markers, check the download dates and times, or do something so it knows that the files are up to date and don't need to be downloaded every single time the game loads?
It appears that a lot of players are having multiple problems since the latest update. This is just one more to add to the list.

Most of what I have seen so far, players are being advised to reinstall the game. This is what I was told to do to fix a badge issue. Big mistake. It did not fix the badge issue and I am having more problems now than I had before reinstalling and the same is happening with many others. Problems I had over 2 years ago are now happening again.

I hope you get yours fixed without having to reinstall.