Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death wiz, need help against mana burn spam

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Hey, the subject says it all, i dont post often but i have no answers for mana burn spammers, any one have any idea what to do? I feel helpless and yet my poor death girl was commander rank for so long.
thanks for reading.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Mana Burn was a game changer for PvP. It required players to have an alternative to the "Build up Full Pips and do a Massive Double Attack" Strategy. Maybe try some bladed Colossal Poisons and your Doom and Gloom bubble?

Sometimes it seems like a balance only spams Mana Burn, but I can tell you that most balance only carry 2-4 Mana Burns. I have seen a couple balance players try to win by only using Mana Burn, but that strategy is not a winning strategy. A frustrating strategy to combat yes, but not a winning strategy.

I still don't really know what spam means except that's it's a derogatory term people say to their opponent. My best guess is that Spam means casting any single spell more than one time in a game. Heaven forbid casting the same spell twice in a row!!!! I personally cannot figure out why this a bad thing, but boy oh boy, cast two weakness spells in a row on an opponent and let the cussing frenzy begin.

I personally carry 6 weakness and 6 infection cards in my PvP deck, and as they surface in my hand, I'm going to use them, maybe even twice in a row. I've even been called an Efreet Spammer! How exactly do you spam an 8 pip spell?

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Malt22 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
Mana Burn was a game changer for PvP. It required players to have an alternative to the "Build up Full Pips and do a Massive Double Attack" Strategy. Maybe try some bladed Colossal Poisons and your Doom and Gloom bubble?

Sometimes it seems like a balance only spams Mana Burn, but I can tell you that most balance only carry 2-4 Mana Burns. I have seen a couple balance players try to win by only using Mana Burn, but that strategy is not a winning strategy. A frustrating strategy to combat yes, but not a winning strategy.

I still don't really know what spam means except that's it's a derogatory term people say to their opponent. My best guess is that Spam means casting any single spell more than one time in a game. Heaven forbid casting the same spell twice in a row!!!! I personally cannot figure out why this a bad thing, but boy oh boy, cast two weakness spells in a row on an opponent and let the cussing frenzy begin.

I personally carry 6 weakness and 6 infection cards in my PvP deck, and as they surface in my hand, I'm going to use them, maybe even twice in a row. I've even been called an Efreet Spammer! How exactly do you spam an 8 pip spell?
In my eyes, a spammer is someone that uses an annoying spell in pvp 2+ times within a couple rounds. If they call you an efreet spammer, they are just annoyed because of the weakness, as you said, you can't spam a rank 8 spell. You would have to wait a round to use it again, and you could only use it twice in 3+ rounds, depending on your pips.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Malt22 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:

A spammer is an individual who repeatedly uses a low pip spell such as a storm using wild bolt 4-5 times in a row.

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 1st age warlord

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Nobody is a fan of mana burn. It gets really annoying when you go against a balance who thinks he going to win with mana burn. Spamming isn't breaking any laws that I know of-it's just people's excuse for losing (i.e "you spammed too much")