Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Are Your Memories of Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I've been playing this game since late January of 2009, and I've got to say, I've got tons of great (and sometimes bad..lol) memories of Wizard101. Here are some of many...

In Wizard City, I remember how I'd always wait to battle the Kraken. When another group would defeat the Kraken, I would run up to one of the sigils and wait for him to pop up, so I'd be the first one to take a spot. Of course there were 10 other wizards trying to beat me to it!

In Krokotopia, I remember how I always wanted to get into the Tomb of Storms. Whenever the mouth portal thing opened from another wizard, I would run towards it hoping I'd make it, but it never worked!

I remember how Marleybone's Big Ben took forever to complete. I would go in with my best wizard friends who were also up to the dungeon, and we would have a blast with the puzzles, and Meowiarty.

I remember how soothing Mooshu was, and all the exciting dungeons I had to do. I remembered how epic and unstoppable I felt after learning Phoenix around the Mooshu times too lol. Favorite world to this date!!

I definitely have memories for DragonSpyre. I always ranted about how bad the EXP was ! But aside from that, I loved fire dragon, and farming Malistaire's dungeon for powerful gear.

Celestia was the last world I really had some memories about... I loved the PvP houses, how I'd battle a bunch of other wizard friends and how crowded it was. I also loved getting Efreet, despite how stressful it was getting him. I had a few good times at the Waterworks.

What are your guys memories?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
In Wizard City i used to wait by nightshade's tower to see if someone would go in and then i would ask them if i could could port and battle nightshade I thought he was coolest back then XD

Krokotopia, i loved walking around the different toms and questing. I would always wonder about the tomb of storms too XD

Marleybone, i used to always do katzenstein's lab with my friends trying to get rare and cool pets. Only got the one from katzenstein though lol.

Mooshu, i used to and still am complete every quest in mooshu there is. The mossback quests kept me going

Dragonsypre, everything from beginning to end.

I just started celestia and i dont know yet

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
Heh. I remember in WC I would be overwhelmed with trying to finish all the streets on olde town. I'd finish something in firecat alley and run to Triton avenue to finish some quest rotting in my spell book. I'd bored with that and go run to Colossus Bolouvard (sorry for spelling) to try beat some boss.

In Krokotopia, I would try desperatly to find the tomb of storms quest so I could use the teleporter.

Wysteria was sooo fun. I remember the satisfaction on my face when I beat Randolph. And the laughing when I saw the Weirwood girl's health.

Definetly the surprise when I beat Pops O'leary with much trouble in Marleybone.

I've been hearing really good things about Mooshu and I'm SUPER excited about it. I'm done with over half of marleybone and I. Can't. Wait!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I started playing in May of 2009. My first wizard was a life wizard and still dear to my heart.

Wizard City: Finally learning how to use Treasure Cards. (I had to ask my 9 year old nephew).

Krok: Realizing I could learn the spirit blade and spirit trap spells from Niles.

Marleybone: I really didn't like Marleybone. I quested in Marleybone before we had a bazaar, so all the gear I had was what I got as drops. I do distinctly remember looking like a bag lady while questing through that world.

Mooshu: Repeating the Tree of Life just because I loved that dungeon. I also remember finding the hidden bosses there without someone telling me about them.

Dragonspyre: Quested there before they made the towers shorter. I remember soloing Edrik's Vault and even the Secure House.

Celestia: That was an eye-opener. WOW! The enemies hit hard. I did find it pleasing that they kept with their school of magic.

Zafaria: Repeatedly seeing 'Did Not Collect' when fighting the Lions.

Avalon: Getting my head handed to me on a platter during the first quest when I had to fight those darn storm goblins.

Azteca: Just taking in the sites when I first entered this world. Was amazed by the colors and the attention to detail.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Here are some of mine

In wizard city, I just loved walking through the streets of it and battling. I loved to duel! And I liked learning all about RavenWood, and meeting the teachers. And cyrus

In Krokotopia, I thought it was so tough at first. I remember just wanting to go back to Wizard City the first time I went. Then I leveled up a bit from wizard city side quests, and then I loved Krokotopia. I remember alwys trying to gain acess to Krokospinx for a heck hound. After I got there I was so happy to learn that my school balance has a school and tree

In Marleybone, I loved the theme, and chasing after Meowiarty, and being a secret agent. I Also remember getting pulled into battle, and yelling at my computer And when I came upon Malistaire, I nearly fell out of my seat

In Mooshu, I remember never getting angry and feeling so relaxed. I loved questing there, and I felt so peaceful, and before I knew it, I was battling the Jade Oni

In DragonSpyre, I remember hating it. It was in ruins and lava, and I thought it had always been this way. But when I traveled back in time, and saw the old beautiful DragonSpyre, I felt so bad for the world. And I grew to love Cyrus, and used his myth spells And Malistaire.......I remember lighting the crystal, the big doors opening, seeing the dragon titan, defeating his minion mob, then I watched the animation( At first, I thought he killed Cyrus!), and I fought like I never fought before. My friend was very helpful to me, and I even casted the last spell that killed Malistaire. It was a cyclops in honor of Cyrus.

In Celestia, I didn't really like that much. I didn't like the machines and all. But I remember questing in the floating land, and I loved it. I also loved the grotto. And when I found Morganthe, I knew I was pretty powerful

In Zafaria, I loved the theme of it, and I finished it. Sadly, a little too quick. I love to farm Mirror lake now for the pixie sticks

Well, those are my memories

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I have had many many memories in Wizard101, fun ones, too!

Wizardcity: I remember hanging out in the Commons with my best friends, Kayla StrongBlood, Caitlin RavenTail, Destiny BlueHeart, Daniel DragonSword, Brittany EmeraldBloom, and Duncan FireFlame. I also remember being in WaterWorks with a few of them and defeating Luska in one hit with Chimera! .

Krok: I remember all the funny times when me and my little sis, Dona WinterSteed, would joke around with the Kroks and Manders.

MarelyBone: Farming with Caitlin and Brittany in Big Ben. (Also throwing taunts at the creatures and laughing until we fall out of our chairs! XD.)

Mooshu: I remember jumping out of my chair and dancing a victory dance when I got the outfit I wanted from the hidden bosses and dancing the same dance when I defeated the Jade Oni!

Dragonspyre: I remember farming Malistaire with my besties and helping my friend Mackenzie with her quests. (Thanks to my help, she is now in Celestia. )

Celestia: I remember Daniel helping me defeat the crabs in the Empire and making fishsticks out of the eels, LOL.

Zafaria: I remember farming Mirror Lake with Daniel and Kayla and we all got the Splendid Tunic.

Avalon: I remember Kayla complaining about how hard the bosses are and Daniel defeating them in a snap!

Azteca: I remember helping Kayla in the Swamp and making funny jokes and taunts on the creatures and bosses.

I have also had memories of going to parties with my friends, doing PvP and PvE with them, helping them quest, and sometimes just talk about funny things that happened to us.
Its pretty fun being me with my great friends!

Haley DunePetal, Level 76 Balance. (If you want to add me I'm usually in Wu realm or Pixie )

Rise above and defeat the Evil within, Young Wizards! Good luck with your adventures in the Spiral.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Wizard City: Always thinking that Malistaire was in the doors behind the waterfall at the Rainbow Bridge in The Commons--which I eventually found out was merely Nightside and the location of the Death School and the most annoying, but fun dungeon to date--The Sunken City.

Krokotopia: Always wanting to get to the Tomb of Storms and developing a fascination with the real Cleopatra because of Krokopatra.

Marleybone: Before I reached more worlds, I always looked forward to this most. I remember when I reached the Tomb of Storms that I saw the little download icon for Marleybone and I got so excited. I like the "big city" feel of it and the adventures. I just did Kensington Park 2 days ago as a level 90 wizard!

MooShu: Even now, the Cave of Solitude is my "happy place!" The world was so peaceful, I loved following the storyline, and the quests were always engaging and exciting. Miss this world!
Dragonspyre: I always thought I'd never be strong enough to get through this world and that it wasn't even worth trying. I'm glad I pulled through this world--which I found out wasn't that hard--because it ended being a lot of fun. The Young Battledrake ride to the final dungeon was awesome!

^All of these worlds have been done twice, by a Myth and Ice wizard.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
wizardrokz on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Here are some of mine

In wizard city, I just loved walking through the streets of it and battling. I loved to duel! And I liked learning all about RavenWood, and meeting the teachers. And cyrus

In Krokotopia, I thought it was so tough at first. I remember just wanting to go back to Wizard City the first time I went. Then I leveled up a bit from wizard city side quests, and then I loved Krokotopia. I remember alwys trying to gain acess to Krokospinx for a heck hound. After I got there I was so happy to learn that my school balance has a school and tree

In Marleybone, I loved the theme, and chasing after Meowiarty, and being a secret agent. I Also remember getting pulled into battle, and yelling at my computer And when I came upon Malistaire, I nearly fell out of my seat

In Mooshu, I remember never getting angry and feeling so relaxed. I loved questing there, and I felt so peaceful, and before I knew it, I was battling the Jade Oni

In DragonSpyre, I remember hating it. It was in ruins and lava, and I thought it had always been this way. But when I traveled back in time, and saw the old beautiful DragonSpyre, I felt so bad for the world. And I grew to love Cyrus, and used his myth spells And Malistaire.......I remember lighting the crystal, the big doors opening, seeing the dragon titan, defeating his minion mob, then I watched the animation( At first, I thought he killed Cyrus!), and I fought like I never fought before. My friend was very helpful to me, and I even casted the last spell that killed Malistaire. It was a cyclops in honor of Cyrus.

In Celestia, I didn't really like that much. I didn't like the machines and all. But I remember questing in the floating land, and I loved it. I also loved the grotto. And when I found Morganthe, I knew I was pretty powerful

In Zafaria, I loved the theme of it, and I finished it. Sadly, a little too quick. I love to farm Mirror lake now for the pixie sticks

I felt bad for Dragonspyre too :'(

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Zlyxer on May 1, 2013 wrote:
When we didn't have immunity.
Yeah. I don't like the rudeness and swearing in Wizard101, either. I usually just avoid the mean people.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
The failed pet system that is still in place.

yes i have many amazing pets but still cant just pop them out even when both parents have the perfect set!!!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Skywarrior, I'm dissapointed in you. Why can't you leave this to be a happy post like it was originally.

I remember not knowing how pips worked in WC..fun times

Also TC were pointless to me

The secret shop! That teleporter used to drive me up the wall

I also have memories of when the Waterworks was hard instead of boring..

I remember when Wintertusk was new..my favorite world. Now you have to quest through GH to get spells! *gasp*

Memories of getting pulled into mob battle from 6 buildings away in MB becaues of lag x.x

All for today folks

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I have been playing exactly six weeks and already have fond memories of being able to do all of krokotopia in a little over a day. And how much I loved the Arena and the whole idea of a gladiator tournament against legends from all of history.

But later on I've gotten burned by some things and it's left significant scars . Having to do Big Ben again because I forgot to run and find the stray cat. I love dungeons, but only once or maybe twice. A busy family keeps me from being able to sit for two hours straight TOO many times in a row.

I'm in mooshu. Started at level 36, i'm almost level 48 now and I have done Shirataki Temple six times. You know why? I quest with about six people, none of whom wants to do side quests. Let's see now. Here's the highlights:

1-Helping a storm buddy get his triton. He fell asleep in Haru's room and I finished the quest except for dying to Oni. HOW DO YOU FALL ASLEEP during a boss battle?

2-My own main storyline quest with a helper who just wanted to record a vid of the oni battle and put it online. He also didn't want to wait for me to do the mossback side thing.

3-My own triton

4-Grudgingly returned to Dysentery Alley helping a friend do his main storyline quest. I'd forgotten about the side quest and we both missed picking it up there.

5-I can't remember why but I did it a fifth time for some reason that I couldn't avoid after swearing never to enter Cholera Gulch again. I think it might have even been yesterday, making it four times in four consecutive days.

6-This morning I "finished" Mooshu and wondered why there was a treant standing by the side of the road in Tree of Life...well I found out. Five hours and another visit to Shigella Boulevard again (I lost to wavebringer because I didn't draw a prism all game), and I've gotten up to the point where I can talk to the treant and pick up the side quest.

As you can see I'm no longer a fan

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I was playing with someone I knew and we fought in big huge level place and I said I regret nothing out loud cause I can't type and I'm happy I can not it was so funny this game makes me so happy

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I have fond memories of playing PvP almost every day, looking forward to the challenges of each and every match. Then Real Money Gear got out of control and Reshuffle became a treasure card. Now PvP is a memory and I'm in search of a new game to satisfy my desire for PvP.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
When I first stared wizard 101 I had no idea what anything was. I kept following around the blue and red wisps trying to see what they were all the time but never realized that until bartelby told me.

when I needed help in nightshades tower I kept asking for help. Did I say asking!, I meant begging for help!
So when someone powerful was on the sigil with me I got exited. then at the last second they would back out and I was on my own again.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizard city

my first wizard (shadowsong/balance) as a noob with my now-ex's necromancer (frogdust); only good thing to come out of that relationship was that he showed me this the game.

also 1st team pvp win with que and darthjt.

krokotopia

nothing specific, but i have this image of valerian at level 20ish, with his bone dragon mount and rat magician pet.

marleybone

spiral geographic torture, and soloing big ben for the first time~ spent 6hrs headdesk-ing and wishing for my bed; shadowsong hit level 30, & my ex quit the game.

mooshu

met nora, my first real in-game friend~ she was on her son's pyro at the time, but her wizard was the same school as me and she taught me how to pvp.

dragonspyre

1) before it could be soloed, shadowsong battled malistaire alongside nora and one of her friends. she's since soloed at level 60, 70, 80, & 90.

2) finally getting my L50 gear at L76.

3) noob fights: mally vs the gearless prometheans.

celestia

epic one-hit kill on mithraya in TotS (7k judge) and questing in stormriven with quequeg's necromancer.

zafaria

sestiva (storm) and valkoor (que's necro) getting stuck in a dungeon with some guy whose low-level friends kept porting in.

avalon

valerian doing ghost av with quequeg's super ice tank, brynn.

azteca

skyping with a bunch of people from the boards while we plowed through AZ. we were on for about 16 hours, and there were about 15 people on the call.

random

staying up all night with quequeg, darthjt and others to do the scavenger hunt; it took us about 12 hours. and, even though i didn't win anything, the other 2 did, so it wasn't a total waste.

meeting everyone from the boards for the first time;

when i was with the wcp, we had a meeting at someone's house~ a random person dropped in and started swearing; all 50-odd of us reported her at once, and she was instamuted.

(don't mess with the wcp, guize)

-von

Defender
May 03, 2009
I'm going to go along like everyone else and post my memories of each world:

Wizard City: The first time I looked at my brother as we played together, wondering why the heckhound we were doing side quests. I have to thank him now :P

Krokotopia: Probably that one side quest I did that my brother didn't do. He thought I'd lost it, you should have seen the look on his face.

Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: The XP in Wintertusk brought me to cloud nine. The Grizzleheim XP kind of didn't. But nevertheless, Grizzleheim did bring me to Wintertusk and so it is a good thing. The storyline idea is amazing, by the way.

Marleybone: Finishing Kensington Park at level 80. And I only did it for one purpose: The badge :P

Mooshu: The happiness made me sick and when I got my hat that I wanted dropped on the first try, I began to like it a tiny bit more. If only my boots and robe would drop now..

Dragonspyre: The idea is perfect and I love everything about it. I especially love when my life character and my death were finishing Dragonspyre up for the life person when BOTH the robes dropped from Malistaire, each for the right school. That brought me up to cloud eighteen (since eighteen is double nine.)

Celestia: Ending Celestia was my favorite part.

Zafaria: Mirror Lake. I also like the drum beat riddle in Queen Ellisa's tomb.

Avalon: Finishing the Jabberwock. That guy hates us wizards. And his twin, the Pendragon, needs to brush his teeth a little more.

Azteca: I was sad Malistaire the Undying didn't give me my robe or deck I wanted so I'll wait until my life character gets there to farm it again. I did like the idea and sometimes come to the Zocolo to see the meteorites. A bit sad though, but necessary. The other worlds, especially Mooshu *shudders*, are too happy for me.

See ya!

Scarlet Hawk & Amber Rose

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Watching my level 23 sister defeat Malistaire. It was so emotional and I was so jealous!

Destiny Windgem, level 37

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
wizardrokz on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Here are some of mine

I forgot What about Grizzleheim and Wysteria?

Grizzleheim: I remember just questing straight through and eventutally finding the coven! woot! And I loved the beautiful and natural feel of the forest. And in the wintertusk section, I remember failing at Nastrond a million times, but I the storyline and place beyond imaginable

Wysteria: Showing that super annoying, Randolf guy who is the real boss and getting my golden piggy to add to my collection. And placing the trophy in my house with a smile on my face

And while I am here.....
Avalon: (Finally finished it) I loved the midievil theme! The creatures and story was amazing. I soloed my way to the Pendragon, and with that happy glorious ending.....I loved the music! I felt myself smiling

Angie D

Also known as Angela Dragonstone

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Mine was yesterday.I was doing waterworks with a lvl 90 storm and 62 fire and a dumb lvl 90 henchman who healed blaze when rachel was dead and i had 800 hundred health.We had my friend morgrim but he had to go in the 1st battle.We soloed our way up with temp and fire dragon.I had to be the healer up to luska.Thats when the rachel summoned the henchman.After luska i changed my deck.Then we kept soloing up to sylster.There i think rachel was drunk.She put storm blades on me when blaze was in a bandit poly and he was asking for them.Blaze was able to kill spellhammer.I killed the fish.We teamed up on the boss.We were able to do it solo.The minion died like a round before blaze's efreet that killed sylster.We were in waterworks for like 5 hours.They got no gear but i got my boots.Then me and blaze went to waterworks again with justin and nathan.We did that in 3 hours and i got my hat and robe.Blaze and me started saying i was the luckiest wizard ever. Before that i tried doing waterworks solo.Its true i am very lucky.I was able to get to sylster alone.I killed the fish again.It took an hour to kill spellhammer but i did it.Then i did 5 von's monsters (tc) at sylster.He was worn down to about 4,000 health.Then i spammed wraiths but he spammed ra so i was dead.

Tyler Legend friend 62

Thanks blaze rachel justin and nathan.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Doing waterworks for the eighteenth time no robe, finally moving on without it because I was level 70 and hadn't even finished celestia.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I started in October 2012.

In Wizard City, I had always wanted to fight the Kraken.
I know it was 2 quests, but the quests from Lady Oriel felt so long.

I thought my school was in the oasis in KT, but it wasn't. I was trying to get to my school as fast as possible.
I remember having no trouble whatsoever with the final boss.

In MB, I did not like it. The sidewalks, the towers at the end of the street. I also remembering having trouble with Kingston park. I still have trouble with The Spiral Geographic.

In Mooshu, I thought the place was beautiful. From the cherry blossom trees to the green grass, I loved it all.

In DS, that place was the worlds hardest place to me. I had trouble (a lot of trouble) in Malistaires' lair trying to unlock the door.

Molly
Level 50
Balance

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I remember when I first started playing this game, I was so excited and there was this feeling of adventure I had I loved it. I remember getting the spiral keys to each world, and getting so excited when I got into Avalon, the update came out just after I started playing, so I knew it would take some time to get there. I also remember going to Wysteria and competing in the spiral cup tournament, at the time I only had my one balance wizard now I have all but ice, but I do have an ice character on another account.

John Dragoncatcher 83
John Thundersword 22
John Lifebringer 17
John Deathbringer 35
John Dragonbreath 16
John Hawkrider 17
John Iceflame 2

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Ah, I still remember my days in Wizard City when I thought I was a Pyromancer. Good times, good times. It was so confusing because I thought I was Fire for some reason.

I also remember meeting my first friends in the game. We're still friends to this day.

Another memory of mine was trying to figure out how you got to the Kraken, being a little Adept helping my friends in Zafaria, and recent memory being getting to Avalon!

Emma Stormshade, Transcendent Sorceress