Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Watchtower Hall

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I am currently building a Watchtower Hall as sold from a vendor in Grizzleheim. So far most things are going well. I do have a few speedbumps though:

I have not yet found the recipes (or items) for Wooden Watertower, Grassy Mound, or WaterFountain.

I also need 80 diamonds in order to make 4 Carved Stone Towers.

As I remember, Diamonds are a rare drop with Ore. However with 45 levels of collecting reagents, I have only come across 14 Diamonds or so. I also don't see them for sale at the Bazaar. Perhaps they are a drop with a plant.

If anyone knows where the above recipes are located and/or a much more efficient and productive way of finding Diamonds, I will be in your debt. Let me know, please, thank you.

Jeffrey FrogGem, 46 lvl Ice Wizard.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
mondotigger on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I am currently building a Watchtower Hall as sold from a vendor in Grizzleheim. So far most things are going well. I do have a few speedbumps though:

I have not yet found the recipes (or items) for Wooden Watertower, Grassy Mound, or WaterFountain.

I also need 80 diamonds in order to make 4 Carved Stone Towers.

As I remember, Diamonds are a rare drop with Ore. However with 45 levels of collecting reagents, I have only come across 14 Diamonds or so. I also don't see them for sale at the Bazaar. Perhaps they are a drop with a plant.

If anyone knows where the above recipes are located and/or a much more efficient and productive way of finding Diamonds, I will be in your debt. Let me know, please, thank you.

Jeffrey FrogGem, 46 lvl Ice Wizard.
Wooden Water Tower is bought from Balthazar Dragonthorn.

Grassy Mound is also bought from Balthazar Dragonthorn.

Water Fountain again, is bought from Balthazar Dragonthorn.

Diamonds can be transmuted from ore (15 ore makes 1 diamond) and Transmute Diamond is bought from Felicia Worthington in Regent's Square near the Digmoore Station entrance as well as Kimba Kalla in The Floating Land of Celestia.

You aren't in my debt

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Yeah, I just got to Dragonspyre and found those recipes. Timing is everything, but thank you.

And I didn't know about Transmuting...I have seen the cards for sale, but never bothered to look it up. I guess I'll be reading that one up. Many thanks.

I also saw that Frozen Flytrap (or something like that) can drop a diamond as well, so I am going to try to grow those. We'll see. Oh, and I looked up, I have never used any diamonds and I only have 7 after 46 levels and literally hundreds of ore gathered. Wow, rare find indeed.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
mondotigger, congrats on deciding to build the Watchtower Hall. I have one and enjoy it very much.

Regarding diamonds, fickle pickles drop diamonds on harvest about one in ten, or one in twelve or so.
I can fit 59 fickle pickles into a pest circle area and harvest two dozen or more diamonds per planted plot life cycle, which is about five days in length.

Frozen Fly Traps also reap diamonds, but are slower to grow and harvest than fickle pickles, and require more care to boot.

The best area to pluck ore and hope for diamonds is The Athenium in Dragonspyre. Try to pick an underused realm and hit the Athenium, Basilica, Dragonspyre Academy, and Basilica again making a circuit to pick up ore (and stone blocks too). Rinse and repeat until it is too boring. Hope this helps.

Good Luck and keep plugging away, you will be in your Hall sooner than later