Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is considered "Puppet" for you?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Hello!

I have been wondering: what is considered Puppet to you?

I have been doing Team PvP on my LvL 30 Ice. I teamed up with my friend who was LvL 25 and another LvL 50. Was this puppet?

Please answer, because we won and I feel bad...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
Hello!

I have been wondering: what is considered Puppet to you?

I have been doing Team PvP on my LvL 30 Ice. I teamed up with my friend who was LvL 25 and another LvL 50. Was this puppet?

Please answer, because we won and I feel bad...
yes, this is puppeting.

generally, puppeting is defined as a low-to-mid-level player teaming up with a level 50+ buddy to gain rank. this is an exploit and generally frowned-upon, for several reasons~ including, but not limited to, the fact that level 50+ players have access to critical, which low-level players have no way of blocking and will kill them instantly. that mid-level team you end up facing won't stand a chance.

-sergeant von
of the u.s.s. awesome.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
no, that wasnt puppet. Puppet is when a lvl 1-10 and a lvl 90 fight lvl 20-50. Hope this answered your question\concern.

Erica ShadoRunner lvl 86 Balance~over and out

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I'd consider it an unintentional puppet team. If you know the friend outside of PvP and you just play for fun then I don't think it should count against you though. After all, you are friends, and who's to say you can't PvP with each other once in a while?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
More than 10 levels i definately consider puppet. But i assume everyone has their own opinion on puppet teams.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
yes, this is puppeting.

generally, puppeting is defined as a low-to-mid-level player teaming up with a level 50+ buddy to gain rank. this is an exploit and generally frowned-upon, for several reasons~ including, but not limited to, the fact that level 50+ players have access to critical, which low-level players have no way of blocking and will kill them instantly. that mid-level team you end up facing won't stand a chance.

-sergeant von
of the u.s.s. awesome.
Thanks a lot!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I say it's bordering, if you friend was 56 or above, then it was puppeting. But to me, no, this was not.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Puppeting is not just when a level 1 pairs with a level 90 ( 89 difference), the way i see it is the guy was 20 levels above you. Though it is not the biggest concern in the puppeting world, I would say it would be considered puppeting still. To avoid puppeting try to pvp with friends 10 levels above/below you on average, if you were to do that match monthly, once a month, not regularly, i would not consider you to be a puppet team.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
puppet 4 me is lets say a lvl 20 and a lvl 40 r pvping, i would say thats puppeting, 2 me anything with 20 or more lvl range is puppeting

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
I consider a 2v2+ puppeting when there is more than a 20 level difference. Rank puppets are a different story. I've seen people not even 10 levels apart that are 800 points away from each other, because the high ranked player had the partner rank down in order to get easy matches.