Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Drop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2011
How difficult is to have the potent trap drop from a boss,i mean i have fauhgt about 5 times its boss that drop tha gc and yet nothing

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
it can take more than 5 times it can take up to about 10-15 times. i had one wizard finish Azteca with only one drop. had my lower level storm and myth help my death. the death has 2 drops and is near the last part. the storm has 3 and the myth only one.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
I have farmed different bosses all around azteca for over a week and have gotten multiples on just about everything except potent trap

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'm guessing this has to do with crafting.

unfortunately, like everything else, these drops are totally luck-based. my balance wizard got both of her potent traps right away, but turquoise was another story entirely~ after completing azteca to pitch black lake, she only received one; my necromancer, on the other hand, hasn't gotten any potent traps, but turquoise seems to just fall into his lap. what gives?

anyway, good luck!
-von

Survivor
Aug 23, 2012
I am having a similar problem as well. Though I have farmed and farmed for weeks and weeks and not a single potent trap drop. I have killed the bosses rumored to drop it at least 10 times each and not a single potent trap card. Have gone in groups and everyone else gets one but I have yet to get one. What gives KI?

Survivor
May 24, 2012
they need to make one certain boss drop this treasure card

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I have done the double boss battle (life and balance) in Cloudburst Forest and got mine there. Double boss might provide a better drop rate than single boss.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Richard hawkhand on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
they need to make one certain boss drop this treasure card
No. They need to increase the drop rate. Potent Trap is dropped by several in they whole of Azteca. Limiting it to one boss should NEVER be an option. That is what we have with WW gear. That works just fine but when it comes to trying to get certain items for crafting, it has become as tedious as all those "collect" quests we have had being thrown at us more and more with each new world.

All of my wizards have or will do all crafting quests up to this point. My life wizard has had all the necessary ingredients for weeks EXCEPT, Potent Trap. I have just about decided this will just be another factor in the game that I will drop by the wayside. Challenge is one thing, Insanity is another.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I selected a boss from random selection, he was fire with myth helper. Name is odd, "Fuego" My balance is not even questing in AZ and I took him into to see this Boss. The Boss was kind enough to drop the potent trap on first fight. I then went and got my other wizard, Both of them Balance, I brought him to this boss, he is in Avalon, no where near AZ and so this same boss was kind enough to drop my second Balance a Potent trap. I consider myself lucky as I read the luck others are having. I then took my friend that i play quite a lot with to this same boss. He must not like girls cause he never dropped it again. my point here is that it can happen at any time, first fight to several fights, although I feel there should be a percentage on it cause you could go on for months and not get it.

Survivor
May 25, 2012
It varies on what you fight. You can acually get thespell from clemente. OR, you can fight random enemies/bosses. My advice, fight clemente.

P.S: If your a fire wizard like me, put tons of converts, shields, and good clothing the resist very well and has good damage boost (Damage: 50-75% and Resist: 50-60%).

Hope this helped!