Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon vs azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Hey their fellow wizards i want to see how many people vote for avalon or azteca as the best world and give good reasons. As for me its avalon all the way
what do you guys think?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Tylericegem on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
Hey their fellow wizards i want to see how many people vote for avalon or azteca as the best world and give good reasons. As for me its avalon all the way
what do you guys think?
i'm with you~ i preferred avalon, for a few reasons:

-monty python references all over the place.
-i love medieval architecture, british accents, and arthurian legend; av incorporated all of them.
-it was challenging, but still playable (for those times i logged in at noon my time and had entire servers to myself, lol).

good things about azteca:

-dinosaurs (little-known fact: back when she was younger, von wanted to be a paleontologist).
-mally the undying (my undead "boy-friend" and the best punching bag in the history of ever. tee hee).

-

i had high hopes for azteca. but my first wizard (balance) had a rough time~ not only did it feature the same, tedious, mind-numbingly boring did-not-collect quests as celestia and zaf, but it was almost a requirement to have at least one other person around at all times. but she made it to pitch black lake (and level 90) relatively unscathed.

as we speak, my archmage necromancer is in mangrove marsh. if not for the fact that i have good friends who are willing and (usually) able to help me when i need it, i would not be taking another wizard through azteca, ever. i'd sooner run out of ice cream.

/my 2 cents.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, the rest.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Avalon, where the bosses didn't have perfect critical block.

But Azteca is a pretty close second. The graphics are amazing, the mobs aren't that difficult, and if a friend ports the bosses are downright easy.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Avalon beats azteca all the way IMO. But I find the storyline in Azteca to make more sense. So it's 50/50 IMO.