Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP is a joke

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I have been playing wizard101 since practically the start of the game. I have gone through the chain stunning, polymorphing, ect. You name is and everyone will use it to cheat. I miss the days when pvp was all about skill. After a year of no membership and just doing occasional unranked games I decided to try ranked pvp for a month. What a joke. Every low level team uses massive treasures. The resistance, hits, criticals, ect have ruined what was once a great game. Where is the skill? Now if you lose in ranked you simply glitch out to save your rank. I fail to see the point of it. As usual KI just lets it happen. When my month is done I will cancel again and never come back. Just terrible.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
It's funny how someone who has been playing since the "start" is only talking about PvP. Ending a membership over PvP. And yet you have been here since the start. Have you forgot about what this game is really about? PvP should have never been added. And leaving because of it is the most idiotic thing I have heard of in my entire life. (well not really.) If you're gonna complain about something, complain about something that actually matters.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I agree! PvP plays a huge portion of the game, its basically the reason why many wizards quest! I really shouldnt have to lose a battle against a low level because they use a Medusa... It isnt fair. Many times on the forums Greyrose will leave a post saying "we understand this issue" or "we'll try to fix this problem" but it feels like the effort isn't really there, it feels like KI is just trying to hold down the hungry lions (us lol) with "don't worry its under control!" when it really isnt. Yes I know programming isn't easy but is it too hard to slap the text "level __+ only" on a treasure card like Medusa or Efreet?
Oh well, I'll just do something else that's fun with my time on Wizard101 until the PvP issue is fixed on a bit...Oh wait!
*Questing has become frustrating since end of Avalon- ALL of Azteca
*Pet training is crown consuming (or time consuming if you constantly go to WW for your snacks, which can get REALLY frustrating) and feels like a chore rather than fun if you DONT have crowns
*Farming has slowly lost it's meaning as dropped gear continuously gets more and more useless
*Crafting has become a bit tedious if you ask me, apparently you're gonna HAVE to plant if you want reagents you need for your gear these days (hunting down the bazaar for it? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!)
*Not many friends to talk to anymore since Celestia, got even worse as new worlds came in...

So basically there isnt many fun things to do on Wizard101 these days. Every little fun aspect has slowly turned into this hardcore strategy type of thing, and I guess that was sort of acceptable for questing, but it slowly leaked out into EVERY part of the game. Yeah I still go online from time to time to find that wizard101 is a wasteland, everyone is gone except for the warlords who only PvP (at least some people are enjoying W101s new approach) and the lower level wizards who have yet to see how stressful W101 gets. Not the same game anymore

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Eric Crowspear on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
It's funny how someone who has been playing since the "start" is only talking about PvP. Ending a membership over PvP. And yet you have been here since the start. Have you forgot about what this game is really about? PvP should have never been added. And leaving because of it is the most idiotic thing I have heard of in my entire life. (well not really.) If you're gonna complain about something, complain about something that actually matters.
We get what we pay for. If I'm gonna pay $10 a month for service that aren't working very well, it really isn't worth it.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I know I can't really talk much, but I also think these unfair boosts ruin PvP.
In my first PvP, nobody criticalled, nobody resisted, nobody polymorphed, etc.
I am shocked.
Recently, in one match, I was beaten by a level 6, solely because of a Woolly Mammoth Treasure Card,
and a Vengeance Treasure Card.

I had vowed never to use Treasure Cards in PvP, and now someone else had.
What was I going to do?!
'I know", I thought to myself, "I'll vow never to do PvP again.
And that's exactly what I did

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Wolf IceRider on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
I know I can't really talk much, but I also think these unfair boosts ruin PvP.
In my first PvP, nobody criticalled, nobody resisted, nobody polymorphed, etc.
I am shocked.
Recently, in one match, I was beaten by a level 6, solely because of a Woolly Mammoth Treasure Card,
and a Vengeance Treasure Card.

I had vowed never to use Treasure Cards in PvP, and now someone else had.
What was I going to do?!
'I know", I thought to myself, "I'll vow never to do PvP again.
And that's exactly what I did
a deck only card setup would fix some of the issues that spammer teams do to always win. I.e -40 and -45 smokes every round while 1-2 players power up to hit. slim chance to win vs a team like this even if you go second and have pets with spud and fairy.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
So what you're saying is that a deck only setup will suffice if all you want are no Treasure Cards?
Really? Thanks so much for the advice, masterplat.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
LOL. Perfect!

On that note, PvP needs a complete overhaul. No aspect of PvP should be reflected in PvE, because it ruins the game for the majority of the players, since PvE is the main part of this game, not PvP.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Sorry if that sounded a bit sarcastic, masterplat, because if it did, it wasn't what I was trying to imply.

- Wolf IceRider - A Lover Of Balance -