Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noob Badge

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Alright KI, here it is. It may not sound serious, but i am. I want a "Noob" badge. The reason, i really don't have one, but i think that badges like these would be a fun thing to put in. I really hope that you consider this and that i dont get hate for just wanting to be a noob. Again, all seriousness in this. Others in this series should be a, "Owned", "Pwner", and "That Guy". Much appreciated if this is very much liked and put in the test realm.
Peace-
Matthew Promethean Life, Storm, Ice, and Myth.
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Merrrt on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Alright KI, here it is. It may not sound serious, but i am. I want a "Noob" badge. The reason, i really don't have one, but i think that badges like these would be a fun thing to put in. I really hope that you consider this and that i dont get hate for just wanting to be a noob. Again, all seriousness in this. Others in this series should be a, "Owned", "Pwner", and "That Guy". Much appreciated if this is very much liked and put in the test realm.
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
lol, i love this~ ki, take note! we have a genius in the house.
(seriously, i want a noob badge, too!)

-von
archmage noob of awesomeness

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
That would be super cool to see, and it would be fun.
But you also would have to consider, actual "noobs" being offended... They would probably call allot of people out on it too, which would lead to allot of fighting in the commons.
But, i think it is cool, and it's a great idea too.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
a noob badge sounds like a great idea. i would love to feel like a noob again.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 81 Balance~ over and out

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I want one that says DNC for Did Not Collect. This has been my wizards middle name for a while now :)

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Seriously whoever brought up the noob badge idea I just have no idea what they were thinking.I mean if "noob" aka "new inexperenced person" is an insult then who evers wering that badge would completly humilliate them selves, so bad idea.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
magicwand101860 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Seriously whoever brought up the noob badge idea I just have no idea what they were thinking.I mean if "noob" aka "new inexperenced person" is an insult then who evers wering that badge would completly humilliate them selves, so bad idea.
People who simply want to completely humiliate themselves!That's the type of person who comes up with THIS idea.Don't worry though KI would never bring this sillyness to life.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
lol awesome idea! I would love to become a noob again

Wolf SilverSpear - Level 78 Fire

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Blade Dancer on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
People who simply want to completely humiliate themselves!That's the type of person who comes up with THIS idea.Don't worry though KI would never bring this sillyness to life.
uh, no.

if anything, a noob badge would dispel the stigma surrounding the word~ if we wore that badge with pride, the name-calling would decrease, and the spiral would be a nicer place.

btw, there's nothing wrong with the word noob. it's short for newbie, which simply means "new player".

-von
the almost-promethean archmage noob of awesomeness

(now that should be a badge, too. lol.)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I don't know, I think the pure brilliance of having a noob badge and then rocking out a killer attack plan that shows quite the opposite would be awesome! Those who it could really hurt are those middle of the road players who THINK they have it, when they don't (and since nobody's ever complained about my strategy, I could be one of those people). I think earning the badge could be a fun task.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Maybe you could earn the badge for getting defeated 100 times in PvP :P
(Uh oh, i'd have the badge)

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
The Blade Dancer on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
all I'm saying is that this is a seriously bad idea.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I think it's a great idea,
If they don't want to humiliate them selfs then they don't have to wear it
But if you mean like when you hit no badge ( blank ) it turn into noob ( if you low level)
Then I have to admit it be a bit humiliating,

Mindy HexCrafter
Balance Lvl 72

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
You have my full support on this.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
i think the idea of the noob badge isnt to humilate someone but for fun as a joke like an ironic cliche, or to make noobs seem cool. - Aaron HexMancer

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
hallelip on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
I think it's a great idea,
If they don't want to humiliate them selfs then they don't have to wear it
But if you mean like when you hit no badge ( blank ) it turn into noob ( if you low level)
Then I have to admit it be a bit humiliating,

Mindy HexCrafter
Balance Lvl 72
ok just think for at least two second about this.If you have a brother or sister this "noob badge thing" could use this as a prank.They put it on your wizard when you get up to go to the lavatory...and it gets worse.they could get you to the commons and start making your wizard look like a baboon in front of about a bajillion people.that brother/sister would then make a run for it.and when you come back every one in the commons is laughing at you and you'll be like,"What the heck!?!?!"this is the exact reason KI doesn't jump at this idea and the reason that this is a bad idea.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
magicwand101860 on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
ok just think for at least two second about this.If you have a brother or sister this "noob badge thing" could use this as a prank.They put it on your wizard when you get up to go to the lavatory...and it gets worse.they could get you to the commons and start making your wizard look like a baboon in front of about a bajillion people.that brother/sister would then make a run for it.and when you come back every one in the commons is laughing at you and you'll be like,"What the heck!?!?!"this is the exact reason KI doesn't jump at this idea and the reason that this is a bad idea.
1. why are you sharing your account to begin with?
2. just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad idea.
3. people already do silly things in common areas~ what makes you think a badge would change that?

i still want my noob badge.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, & the rest.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
magicwand101860 on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
I have a brother, and stuff like that happens anyways. Btw, this is a great idea, maybe there could also be an option to literally have no badge.

Haley MoonHeart
Archmage Thaugmature (noob at heart )

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
chaos9 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
i think the idea of the noob badge isnt to humilate someone but for fun as a joke like an ironic cliche, or to make noobs seem cool. - Aaron HexMancer
ugh...I could argue logic forever with you people."noob" is starting to be misused and is turning into an insult.if "noob" is continued to be misused or used as an insult then this idea is going to turn from bad to worse.and just keep telling me "No,there's this.No,there's that".because i can blow that right back at you very easily.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Dr Von on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
1. why are you sharing your account to begin with?
2. just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad idea.
3. people already do silly things in common areas~ what makes you think a badge would change that?

i still want my noob badge.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, & the rest.
oh my god.did you even read this?!?! because if you did you would notice i said nothing about "sharing an account".i said if your brother or sister gets sneaky they would put it on that wizard while you're at the lavatory,then they would send the character to the commons,and start making that wizard like a baboon and a true noob.and i never said i didn't like it in the first place i just thought about it,and eventully i saw through to the fact that it was a bad idea!

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks for all the good feedback! Except for that Magicwhatever guy. Please consider this KI!

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Magicwand meant if you have an account you or your bro or sis share

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
chaos9 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
i saw this in the common a group of people were using it as an insult.it's used as in insult in the game i've seen this and i've noticed theres a way that it can stand for a cuss and if a 13+ chat player figures out the way it stands for a cuss and figures out a way to get around the filter then they would just go spreding the word every where.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
magicwand101860 on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
i saw this in the common a group of people were using it as an insult.it's used as in insult in the game i've seen this and i've noticed theres a way that it can stand for a cuss and if a 13+ chat player figures out the way it stands for a cuss and figures out a way to get around the filter then they would just go spreding the word every where.
Hahaha. Noob is not even CLOSE to a cuss word, otherwise it would be filtered. And who cares if a bro or sis makes you look like a fool, it's a video game, not real life. Get it straight.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
magicwand101860 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
oh my god.did you even read this?!?! because if you did you would notice i said nothing about "sharing an account".i said if your brother or sister gets sneaky they would put it on that wizard while you're at the lavatory,then they would send the character to the commons,and start making that wizard like a baboon and a true noob.and i never said i didn't like it in the first place i just thought about it,and eventully i saw through to the fact that it was a bad idea!
yes, i read your post, and my opinion still stands.

no one can access your account unless you allow them to. therefore, letting anyone have access to your account, for any reason- whether it be leaving yourself logged in during a trip to the loo or giving a sibling your password-is considered account-sharing.

i don't think it's a rules violation, since i'm sure lots of siblings share accounts, but, anything someone does under your account reflects on you. if you're that concerned about being made to look like a fool by your siblings, ask your parents to give you your own account.

and to everyone else: noob is not a curse-word. it's short for newbie, which simply means "new player".

on that note, i would like my noob badge now. kthanksbye.

-von