Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-7-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! Another week of progress has passed and it's time for another Feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about magic decks. Different Wizards have different play styles, so there are a lot of different types of magic decks out there. Do you prefer a large magic deck that can hold all your cards, or a smaller magic deck that lets you streamline what's being dealt to you?

Thanks as always for playing, and have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 05, 2010
i would like a large deck so we can hold lots of spells that can be great defensive and attack combos like da fire shiled with the elemental shiled

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
I don't think the size of the deck matters becuase it can be made as full or as empty as one wants it to be. Larger will offer more of a choice though.

What I think would really be cool is if at a certain level there would be a big quest offered to players that would unlock an 8th card slot for them. That just sounds like a cool idea.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
smaller deck for mobs, large deck for boss fights.

don't use a lot of treasure cards unless it's a cheating boss and i need a specific non school card.

Jack Ironfist

Survivor
May 26, 2011
I prefer smaller decks, personally. I have a certain plan of attack that I like to use. I don't like just random cards popping up. If that makes any sense.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
In PvP I use a large deck, but now you guys have given us so many spells I can't fit them in my deck.
Otherwise I use a fairly small deck with a lot of the same spells to get through enemies faster. Colossal, Vengeance, Tempest/Blizzard/etc, and 0 pip blades. Anything else is just filler.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
All of the above. I switch tactics depending on how many people are nearby, if I expect friends to help, my own school of enemy, my opposite school of enemy, boss, nonboss, and don't forget the cheaty bosses!!!!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Falmea on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Hello everyone! Another week of progress has passed and it's time for another Feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about magic decks. Different Wizards have different play styles, so there are a lot of different types of magic decks out there. Do you prefer a large magic deck that can hold all your cards, or a smaller magic deck that lets you streamline what's being dealt to you?

I have a tendency to like the larger decks, because when I am in the heat of a battle, i order to get one of the cards I don't have, I have a better chance when discarding and passing.

Regarding the Calendar Decks with the health addition from the Azteca vendor: I love the idea, but was a little disappointed that there was only 64 slots for the main deck, instead of more.

Lately I have been floundering alone, and miss having friends by my side to help me advance, and the extra slots would be helpful.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 80) in the Night Garden under Avalon

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As mentioned recently by someone else on these forums, it would be fantastic if your wizard's decks could be named or numbered for easy identification and rapid selection.

Another person had the great idea of being able to deselect pet-given spells from your deck. This would be great for removing spells that you never want to use.

I think its too bad you can't apply sun-school Giant or Gargantuan spells to wand/pet/gear spells.

As per deck set-up and organization I think the current interface is fantastic.

I don't PvP much and I don't use big decks. Perhaps 15-20 spells in my deck, and rarely use off-school treasure cards (I consider it a waste of power pips). I always keep some re-shuffle TCs loaded.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I always jokingly tell my friends I don't play with a full deck. Although my deck isn't always full, I do have at least half of it filled.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
For me, the answer depends on what I'm doing. When I'm questing into the unknown I carry a larger deck, a little of everything "just in case". I'd rather discard a few cards I find out I don't need than be stuck needing a card I don't have. (Prisms are a big one for that.) On the other hand, if I'm farming a particular enemy over and over again I'll streamline my deck down to the bare bones and only keep the spell combo I need to take them down as quickly and reliably as possible.

Sierra Starsong, Ice level 80

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
Personaly i use a large and small deck. Large deck for fighting bosses and small deck for mundane regular fights, as a matter of fact my deck for regular fights is a starter deck. i do like the fact that decks are starting to give stats, thx

William Goldhaven

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
I do both a big deck and a small deck set up. I also keep one dedicated to fighting my own school with a maximum load of prisms. I prefer a larger deck when I am fighting a boss or in PVP. If I am running mobs in a regular collect/kill X number of bad guys I will usually run a smaller deck, typically Runewarden's. If I am farming a particular boss and have learned their habits I can also run a smaller deck with them and eliminate the extraneous cards. I like having the security of a larger deck with a mostly unknown boss. I do tend to discard like a mad man so my large deck is usually not a problem in terms of finding the card I need, though sometimes it has gotten precariously close.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
I keep several decks loaded and depending on the battle will equip the one that I need. Bigger decks for bosses and smaller decks for regular battles.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

for power school a smaller deck is what i use
if i am running a defensive school i usually run a larger deck
and for balance i say medium sized would be handy

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
I definitely prefer the large ones. I hope you consider adding two-page decks, because we need more space to fit in all these new cards we're given.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I lik a small deck. Once you get to a certain level, you have too may spells an you never get what you want, when you want it. (sometimes I think my sirens are purposely hiding from me.)

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 75 Storm

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
My fire wizard has 100 spells which sometimes makes it difficult to get the spells you need. She is level 80.
On the other hand my myth wizard has a little more than half that many which tends to make it more manageable. She is level 46.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
well, i prefer to have a deck that may hold all my most needed cards :P. while i am trying to level up and gain new spells, better gears, and a better deck i like to have a deck that can hold my newest cards :D - lvl 35 ice

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012

I would like a bigger deck. 64 spaces doesnt hold my spells aymore

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

I like a smaller deck maybe 24ish slots but have capacity for at least 6-9 of a school card, and have a large side board.
If anything new would be being considered for decks i would hope both large an small be implemented.
Alot of play styles out here for sure so it would only be fair to use small decks and large decks if you would be planning any changes to decks.

Community Leader
usually carry about 3 magic decks. One for mobs which would have my very limited spells to such as a couple meteors, fire dragon, power boost and a blade.
For bosses I usually use a bigger deck that allows more cards and adds health .

I think my fire carries 3 decks in total Last deck I can mixed up for when I am in groups.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
as seems to be the case with many of the comments I've read so far, i keep several decks set up so i can just switch as needed. small decks with the essentials for normal battles (blades, auras, enhancements and attack all) and large ones for bosses (same basic setup, but more of each with the addition of several of my top level attack).

one thing *i* would like to see is some way to tag or flag our decks, if even only with the school we've set them up against. at one point i had multiples of the same deck set for different schools, but finding the right one became rather time consuming.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
I usually have my deck filled with cards, and then whatever cards I dont need, I dont use.