Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The more I learn about pets...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
The more disappointing they are...

So, they are introduced early, take a -ton- of highly repetitive(read: boring) work to advance in the pet pavilion, and for some 70% of the game will be less useful/interesting/powerful than the average piece of worn/wielded equipment your character carries. Unless you spend crowns, but even then it makes more sense to spend them on something more useful. Oh, and there's the pet derby, but that doesn't work, at all, and even if it did it likely wouldn't adjust for wizard lvl or pet rarity, so would massively advantage high lvl and/or crown spending wizards(and get boring for everyone else quick... leading to it not being played much... leading to it not really working).

This makes me sad. I really like games with pets, I wish the ones in this game did more than sit there before super high lvl.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
huh ? would you care to repeat that in a way that makes more sense, you sound like you're aimlessly rambling and scared to get to the point.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Saleet642 on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
The more disappointing they are...

So, they are introduced early, take a -ton- of highly repetitive(read: boring) work to advance in the pet pavilion, and for some 70% of the game will be less useful/interesting/powerful than the average piece of worn/wielded equipment your character carries. Unless you spend crowns, but even then it makes more sense to spend them on something more useful. Oh, and there's the pet derby, but that doesn't work, at all, and even if it did it likely wouldn't adjust for wizard lvl or pet rarity, so would massively advantage high lvl and/or crown spending wizards(and get boring for everyone else quick... leading to it not being played much... leading to it not really working).

This makes me sad. I really like games with pets, I wish the ones in this game did more than sit there before super high lvl.
I'm really not sure what you're talking about. I have tons of great pets, rarely spend crowns on training them and find most are very helpful.
I don't waste time with the pet derby, so I'm not sure what's wrong there.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I believe he is saying the cost and effort far outweigh the benifits. I agree. From a battle/strategy point of view. The whole talent/hybrid/inhertance stuff seems out of proportion in complexity and obscurity to other aspects of the game. But I like having a special cool looking pet so I do it anyway.

Paying 10,000 crowns for a Moonlight Pony makes no strategic sense either, when you can get a Chestnut Pony for 5,000 crowns. They both travel at 40% extra speed. But I got the Moonlight Pony because its got a moon and stars on it.