Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 84 Star School spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I am sorely disappointed at the lack of a combat power boosting spell for level 84 Life wizards. Azteca is incredibly challenging and I am soloing most of it. Every wizard needs all the advantage they can get. I earned my levels the same as every other school. That my school has been singled out not to receive a combat boost skill is terribly confusing. Anyone who wants the heal boosting spell can choose it. As I life wizard, I have plenty of heal-boosting options available to me. I have sanctuary, mend (also available to all), and crafted healers' ring and athame. I don't need help healing, I need help fighting. I can't heal these uber-powerful monsters into submmission!

Please add a Star school aura for Life school. I only ask to be given the same options that the other schools have.

Thank you for your consideration,
Calamity Skullblood
Archmage Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
i agree here. circle of life is almost like mend but a little more healing(only 5%). KI plz make life`s aura a damage instead of healing. thx

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Thank you Alissa!

Yes, this spell is almost the same as mend. So close, in fact, I won't spend a training point to get it. If you want to make up the other 5% healing, go to the bazaar and get a mend treasure card. They're always in stock! What was the other stat? Plus 5 percent pips or plus 5 percent accuracy? Either way --- yawn.

Please make this a damage spell.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I am really confused as to who gives the quest for the new astral schools. I turned into a lvl 84 yesterday and I am confused about who gives it.

Administrator
After you have completed the "Midnight Sun" quest in Zafaria, talk to Pacal Redmask in Azteca.

He will start you on the quest "King of Fang and Claw" to find Tezcat Threestar in Cenote and return him to Zocalo.

Tezcat will then offer you quests for the Astral spells and you must return to him to advance to the next quest.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 07, 2011
Professor Greyrose!

Since you have seen this thread, would it be possible for you to help me understand why there is no damage aura spell available for Life School from the Azteca Star School trainer? I would like some official word on this if you would be so kind.

Thank you,
Calamity Skullblood
Promethean Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Let's please get over this now. Life is not an attacking school. You guys are supposed to be the main healers. This aura helps you out by giving you more healing and pip chance so you don't get a regular one. Try to adapt before complaining.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Frankly life could use the damage boost but doesnt necessarily need it, my friend was able to do insane damage at promethean with the sharpened blade on spirit blade and life blade hitting 9k then 6k a round after. ;)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Professor Greyrose!

Since you have seen this thread, would it be possible for you to help me understand why there is no damage aura spell available for Life School from the Azteca Star School trainer? I would like some official word on this if you would be so kind.

Thank you,
Calamity Skullblood
Promethean Theurgist
Probably the same reason there isn't a damage increasing global spell for life.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
Just deal with it. I hate to tell you that, but really, just DEAL WITH IT. I am a balance and we do not have balance spears. We have spears for OTHER schools. We do not have prisms or mass prisms for balance. Our Blades are the weakest in the entire game. Do you see me complaining? No. Just deal with the lack of this spell and be happy with what you have.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Yes let's indeed get this over with now. Adapt? Adapt to the boss monsters with over 20 thousand hit points? Yes, that's a good idea. I've been adapting all along. I have soloed over 95% of Azteca. There is no lack of adaptation on my part, thank you very much. I'd like to 'adapt' with some more damage. Main healer? Ha! Of course I'm the main healer - I'm ALL ALONE. And I for one look at healing as doing someone a favor, not my responsibility. Lady Oriel taught you the Fairy spell too, remember? Nothing aggravates me more than going into battle with an unprepared wizard.

Anyone who wants the new healing spell can train it. Anyone can purchase or try to win a Life Amulet. I want the same opportunity for Life School that the other schools have. They deserve the option for a damage increasing spell. I already have Mend and my pip chance stands at 96% with my standard outfit. Why would I want to spend a training point on this spell for a measly 5% heal increase? I'll just get a Mend Treasure Card from the Bazaar if I want the extra 5% healing. Need to get to 100% pip chance? I'll just put on my trusty school pet, he has pip O' plenty.

There, is it 'settled' now? I want a damage increasing spell.

Oh, and Kingurz, to get a damage increasing global spell for life, you can go to Mooshu and get a Brown Spider that gives you a pet spell for a global damage increase. I have a few different ones I have trained up to give some sweet talents. Hope that helps you, but my guess is you don't play a Life Wizard and that's why you don't know what you're talking about or have need of that information, but there it is.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Friz2000, I play a Balance Wizard as well. There are severe limitations to playing that school when it comes to combat, we both know that. It requires inventiveness to solo as a Balance Wizard (and training Feint ). And now with Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap, Balance is better than ever! I think those spells are true 'game changers' for Balance more than any other school. I sure trained those spells on my Life Wizard, though, because beating up the monsters is chiefly what this game is all about. And I am glad I had the CHOICE to do so.

And that's what I'm on about here.

Not every Life Wizard will want more damage. Players from other schools will want the new healing spell (I think I will get that one on my Storm when she gets higher-leveled). But to not even have the option there is beyond my ability to understand. These Azteca monsters are strong and the next world will be tougher. I want to fight them toe to toe and I would like to have the full range of options available.

Also, why should I 'just deal with it'? It's not my style nor in my nature to passively accept what I see as an arbitrary decision not to award this new spell to Life School. I'm going to train the equivalent on my Fire next, then on my Balance within the next month (my other wizards have farther to go) and I'd just LOVE to give it to my Life, but...

Well, I am not going to just let it pass. I feel that it's unfair not to give the choice to Life School. If you want to 'just let it go' then you might consider how deeply ironic it is that you made a reply to this post to begin with, when you could have just 'let it go'.

Still waiting to hear from a professor about this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
Yes let's indeed get this over with now. Adapt? Adapt to the boss monsters with over 20 thousand hit points? Yes, that's a good idea. I've been adapting all along. I have soloed over 95% of Azteca. There is no lack of adaptation on my part, thank you very much. I'd like to 'adapt' with some more damage. Main healer? Ha! Of course I'm the main healer - I'm ALL ALONE. And I for one look at healing as doing someone a favor, not my responsibility. Lady Oriel taught you the Fairy spell too, remember? Nothing aggravates me more than going into battle with an unprepared wizard.

Anyone who wants the new healing spell can train it. Anyone can purchase or try to win a Life Amulet. I want the same opportunity for Life School that the other schools have. They deserve the option for a damage increasing spell. I already have Mend and my pip chance stands at 96% with my standard outfit. Why would I want to spend a training point on this spell for a measly 5% heal increase? I'll just get a Mend Treasure Card from the Bazaar if I want the extra 5% healing. Need to get to 100% pip chance? I'll just put on my trusty school pet, he has pip O' plenty.

There, is it 'settled' now? I want a damage increasing spell.

Oh, and Kingurz, to get a damage increasing global spell for life, you can go to Mooshu and get a Brown Spider that gives you a pet spell for a global damage increase. I have a few different ones I have trained up to give some sweet talents. Hope that helps you, but my guess is you don't play a Life Wizard and that's why you don't know what you're talking about or have need of that information, but there it is.
Umm thanks? I have a level 80+ Life wizard. The Brown spider is NOT a global spell, it is pet with a global spell. Those are not the same thing. When you are forced to equp a pet to get a global damage modification, it should be apparent that KI did not create all schools equal (just like Death with Red Ghost).

Keep petitioning away in several threads if it suits you. Maybe one day KI will change all the schools to suit each individual player instead of each individual player picking the right school for what they want out of the game. You are choosing to solo with a school designed to be an anchor in a group and will result in unfair disadvantages for solo play. You are choosing to use a Life Wizard as primarily a damage dealer when KI has given the school all the healing tools/benefits. Can a Life Wizard deal effective damage and solo? Yes, but at disadvantage compared to other schools.

"The Life School will train its student wizards to heal themselves and other players. Life Wizards are given the ability to heal themselves the most effectively, as well as the unique ability to heal other players. Combined with this, they do low to moderate damage attack spells with extremely high accuracy rates. They also possess the sole group heal spell."

https://www.wizard101.com/game/life-school

Survivor
May 07, 2011
So there's a global spell, like I said. You can put whatever kind of semantic twist on it you want to, it exists.

I think I will keep petitioning for the spell. I'm not sure why you act like I should have known all along that I wouldn't receive this spell when it's been out for, what, 2 weeks now? I mean, I'll make it without it (I already have, after all). It seems to me like a level 84 Archmage Theurgist ought to be able to get a damage spell if they want it. Why not have a choice?

If you only play your Life Wizard in a group, that's fine. That's your choice. When people do different things within the framework of a MMORPG, it's termed 'emergent behavior'. I'm not alone in this combat-oriented Life School style of play.

Anyway, so you understand it's a matter of choice. Good on you. I have all sorts of sweet healer gear and sometimes that's how I play, but I like to beat the monsters up too. I want to understand King's Isles' choice. I don't see the Circle of Life as being only for Life School. Anybody could make good use of that to fit their style. They all have that choice. All I see is the damage option was taken off the table for Life School.

Professor Greyrose, Professor Mu, will either of you address this? Kingurz is a smart guy but he doesn't represent you in any official capacity.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
i agree with the option of letting life school have a choice. my wife and i have been playing this for quite some time now and she will occasionally get upset that her life spell attacks are weak. but shes an awesome healer and i think that if life wizards want more damage they deserve to have a choice between a heal or a damage spell. personally i'm storm school and i love the fact we get more damage but i really think storm should get more resist instead from this new spell. ill admit i have become used to being the heavy hitter of the group. and since my wife is life school i don't really have to worry about more resist, cause she keeps us alive by healing us. me and her are currently working on Azteca. just me and her are tearing through this new world with ease. all she does is heal while i dish out the damage and occasionally she'll hit with gnomest or forest lord. and i have to say i've seen her hit pretty hard. and shes LIFE SCHOOL. so those of you who are complaining that your life attacks are weak obviously aren't playing your cards right. cause my wife is life school and shes an awesome healer and can deal some heavy damage too. im currently level 84 storm and she's level 85 life. it's all about playing your cards right people. it's not that hard.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
As as balance wizard, I would like to ask you a few questions.

I don't have prism or mass prism, so balance foes are impossible against me. Am I complaining? Our blade is the weakest in the game, and it counts for all schools, so if we get efreeted, we have restart our blading over. Am I complaining? Am I complaining that 2 of our utility spells are "really" meant for non-balance schools? Am I complaining that our new rank 10 spell is a chimera with a shield or 2 on it?

Get over missing out on something. Balance has missed out on a LOT.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Hi Frizz2000.

Yes, yes you are complaining. You produce a litany of difficulties faced by Balance School and then ask if you are complaining. Yes, that would qualify as a complaint.

What does this have to do with the topic precisely? If you want to complain (and then not claim otherwise) about a balance spell, do it on a thread of your own. I don't see a very good case being made why Life School shouldn't get a damage aura based on the difficulties of playing a Balance Wizard. I also play a Balance Wizard and am fully aware of the challenges faced when playing that school.

When you feel that you have not been treated fairly, make a statement about it if you want to. Don't tell me not to make mine.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
ABC EZ as 123 on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
Hi Frizz2000.

Yes, yes you are complaining. You produce a litany of difficulties faced by Balance School and then ask if you are complaining. Yes, that would qualify as a complaint.

What does this have to do with the topic precisely? If you want to complain (and then not claim otherwise) about a balance spell, do it on a thread of your own. I don't see a very good case being made why Life School shouldn't get a damage aura based on the difficulties of playing a Balance Wizard. I also play a Balance Wizard and am fully aware of the challenges faced when playing that school.

When you feel that you have not been treated fairly, make a statement about it if you want to. Don't tell me not to make mine.
Ship notice the professors are not getting back to you. It may be because there is nothing needing done. You seem to just keep ranting over an over. They donot seem to care that you want life to have more damage so please stop crying and accept it.
And you have a right to make a statement but you seem to have a statement about this on every thread section you can. Just wait for a response from KI and if you dont get one then its not important.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I am sorely disappointed at the lack of a combat power boosting spell for level 84 Life wizards. Azteca is incredibly challenging and I am soloing most of it. Every wizard needs all the advantage they can get. I earned my levels the same as every other school. That my school has been singled out not to receive a combat boost skill is terribly confusing. Anyone who wants the heal boosting spell can choose it. As I life wizard, I have plenty of heal-boosting options available to me. I have sanctuary, mend (also available to all), and crafted healers' ring and athame. I don't need help healing, I need help fighting. I can't heal these uber-powerful monsters into submmission!

Please add a Star school aura for Life school. I only ask to be given the same options that the other schools have.

Thank you for your consideration,
Calamity Skullblood
Archmage Theurgist
Calamity,

If you have completed the quest to restore the Star Astral Pedestal in Three Points by defeating Wanadi for the Stardust, would you please help me understand how to beat him? I came close, but it seems as if this is a solo dungeon because my good friend, Amy Rosepetal, and she told me that she couldn't port in.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 84) in the Zocalo

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
TO: Shiponland and Kingurz;

Having read some of your posts, it seems as if you both need time to calm down. I am trying to be an arbitrator about you both, because you both seem to be wound up.

Shiponland: Many people like to solo the game, because not everyone likes to have team players, so that if they go into a boss battle they can either battle all the enemies, or use crowns to buy minions. At the same time, Kingurz is right and you should feel blessed that your Life wizard was meant as an anchor to help others that are ill-suited for the higher lever worlds. At the same time, most wizards are ill-suited because the strategy they used has failed and they don't understand why.

Kingurz: I must confess here that you among others, have tried to help me with issues I have had with wizard101, that it seems as if you might be one of the techies, if not, I'm sorry. You have probably read as much Life complaints about the Cycle of Life as I have, and to be honest, Shiponland should take "with a grain of salt" the wisdom you gave her about "dealing with it and move on", simply because the designers of wizard101 created the game of Azteca with the most-challenging and most-stressful situations of all the worlds I have travelled to.

Shiponland, I commend you that you love having a take-no-prisoners as a strategy, but to be honest about wizard101, it is meant to be a game about meeting and making friends with people all over the world. The game even demands places like Briskbee Tower on Colossus Boulevard and Waterworks in Crab Alley to be about working together to earn the experience.

One more thing to you, Shiponland: as long as I have played and read answers about posts I have made, there seems to be no better person on directing anyone to the proper channels than Kingurz. His answers may seem insulting, but the reality is, that unless Kingsisle chooses to change thing they won't.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Calamity,

If you have completed the quest to restore the Star Astral Pedestal in Three Points by defeating Wanadi for the Stardust, would you please help me understand how to beat him? I came close, but it seems as if this is a solo dungeon because my good friend, Amy Rosepetal, and she told me that she couldn't port in.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Oxnhorse,

It is, unfortunately, a solo guantlet. The best advice I can give is make sure you are first stocked up on Myth resist gear, then fire resist gear. Since your Ice, this shouldn't be much of problem. Also, make sure you have plenty of Convictions or Stun Shields (the Basiliks and Medusas are the worse). Make sure you have enough Mammoths or Colossus and accompaning buffs to deal roughly 19,000 damage. Stack the rest with Blizzards or Giants (you can discard the rest when the minions are defeated, replace with treasure Feints, etc). Unfortunately, because Wanadi is Myth, Frozen Armor does not work as well while soloing other bosses, your best bet to work Life heals in (mend and maybe Guiding Light amulet/treasures at the right time to max heal).

I didn't see any Ice solo videos on Youtube, but there is a Storm video out there (you might be able to take additional tips from there).

Also, if desperate, one level 90 Storm henchman is likely all you will need for assist on this boss. Depends on if the Crowns is worth it.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
fireproof1111 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Ship notice the professors are not getting back to you. It may be because there is nothing needing done. You seem to just keep ranting over an over. They donot seem to care that you want life to have more damage so please stop crying and accept it.
And you have a right to make a statement but you seem to have a statement about this on every thread section you can. Just wait for a response from KI and if you dont get one then its not important.
Ironically, it's important enough for you to come crying on my thread. Why don't you just accept that I'm going to keep this alive because I think it's important. Still waiting for a response, KI

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
TO: Shiponland and Kingurz;

Having read some of your posts, it seems as if you both need time to calm down. I am trying to be an arbitrator about you both, because you both seem to be wound up.

Shiponland: Many people like to solo the game, because not everyone likes to have team players, so that if they go into a boss battle they can either battle all the enemies, or use crowns to buy minions. At the same time, Kingurz is right and you should feel blessed that your Life wizard was meant as an anchor to help others that are ill-suited for the higher lever worlds. At the same time, most wizards are ill-suited because the strategy they used has failed and they don't understand why.

Kingurz: I must confess here that you among others, have tried to help me with issues I have had with wizard101, that it seems as if you might be one of the techies, if not, I'm sorry. You have probably read as much Life complaints about the Cycle of Life as I have, and to be honest, Shiponland should take "with a grain of salt" the wisdom you gave her about "dealing with it and move on", simply because the designers of wizard101 created the game of Azteca with the most-challenging and most-stressful situations of all the worlds I have travelled to.

Shiponland, I commend you that you love having a take-no-prisoners as a strategy, but to be honest about wizard101, it is meant to be a game about meeting and making friends with people all over the world. The game even demands places like Briskbee Tower on Colossus Boulevard and Waterworks in Crab Alley to be about working together to earn the experience.

One more thing to you, Shiponland: as long as I have played and read answers about posts I have made, there seems to be no better person on directing anyone to the proper channels than Kingurz. His answers may seem insulting, but the reality is, that unless Kingsisle chooses to change thing they won't.

I didn't think arbitrators were suppose to be one sided. I hope you don't do legal work. You did not arbitrate, you argued for one side! Now you should go back and explain how shiponland also made some very good points and how they aren't going to hurt the others in the game.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I'd like to add a quote in response to your message fireproof.

". . . with Persistence, Victory is assured

~Lydia Greyrose
Professor of Ice Magic

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Your powers of observation have failed you. Based on observing patterns, the responses provided by forum professors have nothing to do with 'caring' about someone's ideas, thoughts or suggestions. And they have no bearing on the validity or level of excellence of a post.

Patterns show that professors do not respond to questions regarding game development decisions, opinions on the validity of decisions, or possible game modifications, changes, additions, or new items that may be introduced in the future. Occasionally clear statements are made regarding what the game does not or will not include. Majority of responses are aimed at assisting wizards with game play.