Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There's a Star School spell missing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
Hello KI,

Love the new world Azteca! The graphics, the music, the monsters, everything is great! I think the challenge level is just right as well. You have to fight tooth and nail every step of the way. This (that you must fight in order to advance) being the case , I noticed a peculiar oversight in the level 84 Star School spells. Every school gets an aura with a damage increase except, inexplicably, for Life school. Imagine my dismay! Surely you realize that I can't heal the incredibly powerful monsters into submission! It would seem an oversight sorely in need of speedy correction. I have mend, I have sanctuary, I have crafted healer gear, I need more offensive power! Please fix this problem.

Your Friend,
Calamity Skullblood

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
It isn't a problem. Life isn't an offensive school, so it's your problem that you chose the wrong type of wizard. Not trying to be rude, but life is a school to team with, like balance, and if you don't have friends or somebody to team with you just have to create and level a new character as a storm wizard or ice which are more offensive.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Obviously you have never played a Life Wizard. You don't have respect for the offensive side of it as those who have played them are aware of. You can't stop the monsters just by healing. I have a level 82 Fire, a level 80 Balance, and a level 60 Ice as well as a Storm and a Death I am developing. So the issue is not that I don't play other schools.

Yes, yes there most certainly is a spell missing and it's a damage spell. If your argument that Life and Balance are not meant to solo and only support other wizards was valid, Balance would not have received TWO of these damage auras to choose from, would they?

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Ha! Take it from King's Isles' own Moolinda Wu, "Life has many sides green and serene... as well as red in tooth and claw."

(except from the dialogue from the level 88 Spinysaur spell quest)

Not an offensive school... You should take your own advice and make a Life Wizard, then you will gain a greater understanding and appreciation for the art of playing Life School. I know this may come off as rude, but I am deeply offended by your insinuation that my Life Wizard is not also a fighter.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well everyone deserves a damage boost.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Anil235 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
It isn't a problem. Life isn't an offensive school, so it's your problem that you chose the wrong type of wizard. Not trying to be rude, but life is a school to team with, like balance, and if you don't have friends or somebody to team with you just have to create and level a new character as a storm wizard or ice which are more offensive.
Did you really just say ice is more offensive.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Please stop this madness. Life is the healing class. They need all the healing enchantments they can get to support the team. If you're so worried about damage, train berserk or amplify. Oh, is berserk too much for you? But I thought you wanted damage.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
What about when I'm soloing, Mackmalll? Don't I need more damage then? Sorry if I don't feel the need to have a group to support me in most cases. I don't feel that that's my role. You should know how to heal yourself too when you reach the advanced stages of the game. Sure, there's already amplify and I already have it. Why shouldn't I get an option for a new damage increasing spell, exactly? Please do me the favor of making a case for your view and not just giving an opinion. I really don't even see the shape or shade of a valid argument there.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Anil235 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Right - ABRACADABRA my original level 80 Life wizard, I don't think so, just because KI now has decided to short spell me

My Life wizard was born and created to survive on her own 2 feet. Sure she could be the spirals built in minion but that was no where near my intent for my style game play. Granted I helped many in the spiral but I was never there to be the "healer". Except for the few runs I did though WaterWorks I was no ones henchwoman.

As the worlds progress in difficulty it is only fair that all wizards have an equal chance to play the game.

It's not fair that the game can only be played by wizards that have "teams", "groups" or "friends".

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Thank you brwac! Couldn't have put it any better!

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Shiponland, I've seen THREE of this kind of post by you.

Posting it this amount of times won't get the Spell changed.

Use Berserk, Amplify I don't know, but I am still in favor of the spell staying as it is.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Are you saying you think more posts would help?

I understand that this topic does not belong in this category. But if you'll try and understand, I seriously thought something was wrong with the game, so great was my disbelief that I wasn't getting the spell I thought the game should have. I truly and genuinely thought a mistake had been made.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I can still hurt the monsters big time without the spell. I just think that at such an advanced level every school should have received the damage boost. I have read some decent arguments to the contrary but my opinion stands unchanged.

I don't think KI will change the spell to suit me, but I'd like to hear from them why they made this decision. I'd like for them to make it public for any who have an interest to see it made plain for them. That does not change the fact that I will post on this topic for as long as it suits me to do so. Those people who say 'just accept it' or 'don't complain' only encourage me to continue.

Is that stubborn of me? Sure. I've been called worse.