Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please explain to me the super, over the top importance of the Potent Trap Treasure Card? You see, I've been farming Aquila for over 2 weeks defeating Gladiator, Sand Squid and Cronus a combined 70-80 times; maybe and probably more. I'm also sitting on the doorstep of Xibalba in AZ fighting every boss along the way and still no Potent Trap TC drop. I'd like to finish my crafting quest, but I cannot because of this particular TC. I'm very perplexed by this and just do not understand why this has to be so difficult. Getting the DM gear, I understand. Waterworks gear, OK, I get that, but a treasure card for a crafting quest? Really?

I really would like a good explanation other than drops are drops and that is just the way it is. I'm seriously considering how much longer I want to play this game when it does this to it's loyal players. Paying players. Something really has to change here b/c I'm not sure I can take much more of this constant farming. Yes, I understand it is optional and several times I choose that option and skip things like gear farming, but this is crafting, something I will need as I get to KY and beyond. I cannot even craft my AZ gear, although it is pretty much too late for that. I'm a L94 Balance who will enter DM soon and won't even need the quests.

Thank you

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
SIRCH269 on Apr 2, 2016 wrote:
Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please explain to me the super, over the top importance of the Potent Trap Treasure Card? You see, I've been farming Aquila for over 2 weeks defeating Gladiator, Sand Squid and Cronus a combined 70-80 times; maybe and probably more. I'm also sitting on the doorstep of Xibalba in AZ fighting every boss along the way and still no Potent Trap TC drop. I'd like to finish my crafting quest, but I cannot because of this particular TC. I'm very perplexed by this and just do not understand why this has to be so difficult. Getting the DM gear, I understand. Waterworks gear, OK, I get that, but a treasure card for a crafting quest? Really?

I really would like a good explanation other than drops are drops and that is just the way it is. I'm seriously considering how much longer I want to play this game when it does this to it's loyal players. Paying players. Something really has to change here b/c I'm not sure I can take much more of this constant farming. Yes, I understand it is optional and several times I choose that option and skip things like gear farming, but this is crafting, something I will need as I get to KY and beyond. I cannot even craft my AZ gear, although it is pretty much too late for that. I'm a L94 Balance who will enter DM soon and won't even need the quests.

Thank you
I'm not with Kings Isle but I've seen this question asked on the forums over and over and over again. There are a couple of reasons why the Potent Trap TC is so hard to find...
First, it's a powerful card so it's not something you should be able to get easily.
Second, the crafting quest is supposed to be a CHALLENGE! It shouldn't be easy because it's the crafting level that allows for crafting some of the most powerful gear in the game. It's worth working for!
Believe me, when you get to the crafting quest in Khrysalis you're going to be very surprised. For me it was a letdown. I was able to craft the required item using materials I already had in my inventory and in a way it was disappointing and anti-climactic. I expected to have to expend at least a little effort to get to that final level but it wasn't the case.
I understand it's frustrating but look at the XP, gold and other goodies you get from farming for the TC. Also, you're not the first wizard to be faced with this task... and as I mentioned, not the first to complain about it... but the fact remains that every other wizard has had to do this and it can be done. To even consider quitting the game because of this seems a bit over-reactive especially since there are other issues in-game that have so many people up in arms. (read critical/block) But, to each his own.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
This makes me feel bad because for me the only problem i had was getting the agave nectar. I got potent traps no problem just from doing quests.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
I once got potent trap... used it, i regret my decisions ALWAYS KEEP POTENT TRAP FOR THIS CRAFTING