Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is swearing a reportable offense?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
A couple minutes ago I saw a friend say something that looked like swearing to their pet. Is that considered reportable, or is is not?

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, swearing around the chat filter is a reportable offense.

For more info, read #3 under the Sanction Questions FAQ.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Wouldn't it be awesome, if auto-translate, simply turned all swear words into harmless ones, phrases, or expressions.

If you watch Sponge Bob Square Pants, you may be familiar with Sponge Bob and Patrick saying "Tartar Sauce." I thought this was very funny, and have heard different people say this in real life as a swear word. I also like Dang Nabbit; which is a completely made up word, that I've heard a bunch of times over the years.

Whoopie Goldberg played a Nun, who said "bless you," to one of the villain side kicks in the film.

So even though folks shouldn't use swear words; they do. And while its especially wrong appearing in a family game; instead of fight it, simply default every swear word to something harmless like Tartar Sauce. and if children repeat harmless words, very few people if any would be offended. Then again, I'm not sure just how many folks are offended by tartar sauce and dang nabbit!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
Wouldn't it be awesome, if auto-translate, simply turned all swear words into harmless ones, phrases, or expressions.

If you watch Sponge Bob Square Pants, you may be familiar with Sponge Bob and Patrick saying "Tartar Sauce." I thought this was very funny, and have heard different people say this in real life as a swear word. I also like Dang Nabbit; which is a completely made up word, that I've heard a bunch of times over the years.

Whoopie Goldberg played a Nun, who said "bless you," to one of the villain side kicks in the film.

So even though folks shouldn't use swear words; they do. And while its especially wrong appearing in a family game; instead of fight it, simply default every swear word to something harmless like Tartar Sauce. and if children repeat harmless words, very few people if any would be offended. Then again, I'm not sure just how many folks are offended by tartar sauce and dang nabbit!
say that again (happy) brought back 90's show back off nickelodeon on channel 402 (start at 10pm EST) the angry beavers on at 1pm EST and favorite episode from the angry beaver call: same time last week after beaver fever episode and one phase I don't get need be solve (phase is: *BOP YOUR BROTHER TILL HE BLEATS*)

what is BLEATS definition means?

Hero
May 07, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:

i LOVE sponge bob square pants. i mean who does not!.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
It absolutely is - my dad got an email about my brother swearing excessively

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
JustinFrostHunter;
Cows moo, horses niegh, chickens cluck, goats and sheep bleat.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
say that again (happy) brought back 90's show back off nickelodeon on channel 402 (start at 10pm EST) the angry beavers on at 1pm EST and favorite episode from the angry beaver call: same time last week after beaver fever episode and one phase I don't get need be solve (phase is: *BOP YOUR BROTHER TILL HE BLEATS*)

what is BLEATS definition means?
LOL; Bleat is to make the sound that a sheep or goat makes.

However, in a kid's tv show on Nickelodeon, "Bleats," may be a cover for "bleeds". And the episode you're referencing is when Daggett constantly annoys his brother, so Norbert hits him over the head, forcing him to go back in time one week. Unfortunately after so many weeks of annoying Norbert, and get sent back in time to repeat the week, Daggett gets super annoying, and Norbert hits him so hard, Daggett wakes up in the prehistoric era and finds out that Norbert is too unevolved to annoy anymore.

And now all that typing has made me want to bleat from exhaustion!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Well, iv'e reported the person now, and i hope i won't be suspended or banned because A: this happed a while ago, and B: i couldn't see the second word, so it might not be swearing. however, im pretty sure it was.

Administrator
Mark Deathbrand on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Well, iv'e reported the person now, and i hope i won't be suspended or banned because A: this happed a while ago, and B: i couldn't see the second word, so it might not be swearing. however, im pretty sure it was.
It is important to use the report button as soon as you see something happen in order for the report to be effective. Reporting way after the fact is much less helpful.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
ok, i'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the answer!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Seriously people, this is a family game. There are children playing it. Quit assuming that everyone is an adult.