Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Pet Names

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I went to rename one of my pets and realized there are so many more names they could include. For one, I was unable to name my pet Valerie. The only V name is Vaden. That's a disappointment. There are lots of cool names that start with V.

I think we could stand to have more name options for our pets. Some letters have so many options (like C, L, & M) while others ( like F, V, & I) are severely limited.

I suppose we could list some names we'd like to see and hope they eventually get added. Please, KingsIsle?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Would like to see a suffix option.

I have many Sir Marleys running around. I want just one, but they are all very similar forest beasts. All have very similar stats, talents, pool, and pedigree.

I don't go out of my way to name them all Sir Marley, it just seems to stick with that particular lineage.

Perhaps they have become a dynasty. Sir Marley III, Sir Marley XV, King Marley XVI, etc.

You could have up to 9 dynastic heirs of the Marley name, or 99, or 999 depending on how many Roman numeral choices we get.

Or if this is extended to Arabic numerals, we could have up to 2,147,483,647 descendants (that's the max value for the "int" variable for whatever programming language the spiral is written in)

------------------------------------------------

Another option is to flesh out the pet names list with some terms from throughout the Spiral.
We have some pet names that appear to come from Valencia: Bruno (brown), Chico (li'l guy), Isabella (a famous queen). We have some that might be from Marleybone: Maggie, Libby, Missy; some that could be Mooshu: Kobe, Nikki, Maya.

Maybe add in some Polarian names: Zlata (Goldie), Nadia (Free Spirit), Sasha (Sandy), Masha (Molly), Katka (Katie), Koshka (Kitty), Misha (Mike), Druzhok (Friendly), etc

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
I like that idea. Its true that pet names are pretty limited right now, it would be nice to maybe see 30 or 40 new options for pet names.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
The name "Chloe" is only for pets, and I like that name so could we do it for wizards, too? That would be awesome.