Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battles Take too Long

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
I feel that battles take way too long.

Today I did a dungeon in the marleybone palace. It took 2 1/2 hours to do and I didn't even finish it. I was with another person. Sometimes I can't spend that much time on a dungeon, especially today, where I have other things to do in reality. I'm just a bit disappointed because I also spent crowns on henchmen to make the battle go by faster but we eventually gave up.

Don't get me wrong, I like dungeons. They are fun, but the boss kept healing himself and limited us to healing which got really annoying and impossible. I think if we have a cheating boss, then the battles should be shorter.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
I'm guessing you probably did the Kensington park dungeon or the dungeon (Optional) at Lvl 40 which was hard and kinda-celestia difficulty.

Either way here are some issues you COULD have had.

1)Bad equipment:Everybody knows that you get common equipment from street enemies.But a strategy is that you should do farming with friends.This enables you to get more loot then soloing it by your self.And make it easier without having to use henchmen.Plus did you do it with one other person with common armor?

2)Skipping side quests:Some people like to skip side quests but sidequests are essential.
This is essential because it will Lvl you up and make it easier.

3)Your class:Either way you could be a class with low dmg with high hps and fail.Either way it matters about class because if the dungeon is based on your own class then you might have some difficulty.

4)Enemy spells:Enemies could have spells that deal high damage and knock your health to half.Either way try that dungeon later and come back when you are stronger and can have good stats.

5)Enemy ranks:Look at the enemy first and see what rank it is.The ranks tell you spells that an enemy can use depending on the pips.The higher the rank the more access it is to spells of its school.The lower the less access to spells of its school.But one final thing.Enemies could use spells above there rank and attack you.

Anyway you can use these tips at anytime to help you

Logan DarkWraith Lvl 45 necromancer.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
One final thing.The thing I mentioned about the Lvl 40 dungeon.Was it Barkingham palace you faced?

Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
I faced the Barkingham palace. My gear is pretty good I think, it's from the Aztecan Builder Bundle. The other person had good gear and a pet that casts may cast spells. And I never skip side quests

But thanks for all those tips! I will come back when I am a higher level.