Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need another way to get the good gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2013
Hey guys, i'm here with a topic that I hope everyone agrees with me on. At first I wasn't gonna post this out of fear of getting flamed, but then I thought "why should i be scared? this is something that needs to happen sometime". Now before i get started, this has nothing to do with pvp gear because its not essential in advancing in wizard101 whatsoever(quest wise) and it would take the challenge out of earning it in pvp. I believe that there should be more options in getting the good gear, what do I mean by good gear you ask? A good example is Waterworks and Darkmoor gear. Wizard101 is gonna keep coming out with worlds so we'll need to have more ways in getting the gear we need in order to stand a chance against the upcoming threats.

What are the other ways we can get our gear?
Well as you know the best gear in the game is acquired through farming. If you don't know what farming means, it means to repeatedly fight a boss or do a dungeon in order to recieve the desired item. I think we should also have the option to get these pieces of gear by crafting and getting it from the crown shop. More of us need to be able to get the gear because it is essential to the future worlds, having the option to either farm, craft, or get them from the crown shop would be helpful. Now i'm fine if kingsisle puts the gear in the crownshop as a full set or puts the gear in a pack where you have to buy repeatedly and get lucky to get them. If the farmed gears are put in the the crown shop as a full set, I think the water works gear should be around 14k crowns while the level 90+ gear(like darkmoor gear for example) should be around 20k crowns. But if it is in a pack i think the packs should cost 1kcrowns with a 25-35% chance of getting the gear(sounds fair).

Isn't this kind of unfair to those who worked hard to get this gear through farming and to those that want the challenge?
I honestly think it's unfair for those who can't find a team or don't have the time to farm bosses millions of times for gear it this doesn't change. I have farmed darkmoor at least 20-40 times and have only recieved the robe and the wand(i got the wand twice), and there are people out there who've farmed 3 times as much as i did and recieved NOTHING. So if we had 3 ways of getting the gear(farming, buying it with crowns from crown shop, or crafting it) allot of players would stop complaining about the bad drops from bosses because they have 2 more possibilities. I don't see how this can't work, it worked for mega snacks, you can farm, craft, and get them from the crown shop. It worked for crafted spells, you can now farm loremaster or other bosses that drop them, and you can get them from packs. And for people that want the challenge, this won't affect you guys at all, you will still have the challenge of farming for it and people that don't like challenge will have other ways of getting the gear so it's a win-win. Kingsisle could actually profit more from this.

110 &