Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Benefits

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
PvP is one of my favorite parts of the game. I love the competition and the feeling of accomplishment for achieving a higher rank. However aside from a prestigious badge and the option to buy some pets and housing items there are few benefits that come from PvP that transfer into the rest of the game(since gear purchased by arena tickets is PvP only for the most part).

I think it would be cool as you rank up (ex. from sergeant to veteran, or captain to commander) you get certain stats increases or bonuses that can only be gained from achieving the corresponding rank. For example, for achieving the rank of Sergeant you would get +5% power pips., at the rank of Captain you might get +50 backpack space, and at the rank of Warlord you might get +7% universal damage. I imagine rewards like those for each promotion in rank, and if you lose your rank you would also lose the benefits from having that rank. Once these ranks have been achieved I imagine the benefits would apply permanently (unless you lose your rank in PvP) inside and outside of the arena.

Also I think it would be good to include the Pet Derby in this. I would imagine as you rank up in the Pet Derby you could gain additional benefits such as +15 energy, reduced hatching prices, an additional hatching timer, increased pet xp, etc.

I believe this would encourage more people to participate in PvP and especially in the Pet Derby. And doesn't it make sense that someone who is a Pet Warlord would have more energy and be able to train pets faster since they are so good with Pets? And doesn't it make sense that someone who is a PvP Warlord would be stronger and more capable so as to be able to defeat the challenges throughout the spiral with ease? Obviously these benefits can't be too extreme, but I think it would be pretty cool. I am eager to hear your response, and what other benefits could be. Please leave a reply!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014