Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Affecting Hades drop rates.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
So, one time, when doing Tartarus, someone claimed that taking out Hades first would mean a greater chance of getting his drops. Another time, they claimed that the longer Hades stayed, the less chance we had of getting anything. I didn't really believe it, and I suggested taking out Zeus first instead, in case we had to flee and come back. But we ended up doing it anyway, and still got nothing.

Is it really possible to affect drop rates, cause I think I read somewhere that you can't.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
wraithcaster on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
So, one time, when doing Tartarus, someone claimed that taking out Hades first would mean a greater chance of getting his drops. Another time, they claimed that the longer Hades stayed, the less chance we had of getting anything. I didn't really believe it, and I suggested taking out Zeus first instead, in case we had to flee and come back. But we ended up doing it anyway, and still got nothing.

Is it really possible to affect drop rates, cause I think I read somewhere that you can't.
You can't effect drop rates. Nobody can. Unless KI were to make something a 100% guaranteed drop not even they could effect your chances at getting what you want. It's all just absolute complete luck. Defeat whoever you want first, and keep the battle going as long as you want nothing you do can change your own luck. And P.S. Don't Keep farming Hades, his gear isn't worth it. Just wait until your level 100+ So you farm for top tier malistaire gear.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Drops are random.

When this dungeon first came out, I helped friends battle Hades, and many rounds would pass, with one or more on the team fleeing and returning multiple times. This is how I eventually obtained all the items in Hades.

Then a year or two later, I started to hear multiple players on the team all saying the same thing, "There are better drops when you take out Hades in four rounds; or less!"

Ironically, even with being on teams where Hades was defeated in four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten rounds; no one consistently received better or best drops; that's because they're all random. Now, I join team-up for this dungeon outside of the bazaar Team-Up Pillar, to help other players rip through this dungeon.

So here's to you and everyone doing this dungeon, finding and obtaining all the amazing, cool drops, in the fasting number of rounds; or something better!

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
You can't effect drop rates. Nobody can. Unless KI were to make something a 100% guaranteed drop not even they could effect your chances at getting what you want. It's all just absolute complete luck. Defeat whoever you want first, and keep the battle going as long as you want nothing you do can change your own luck. And P.S. Don't Keep farming Hades, his gear isn't worth it. Just wait until your level 100+ So you farm for top tier malistaire gear.
So about the not farming thing
I have read of some cases where people literally cannot find a team to stay with them because their stats aren't as good compared to the rest. Is this true?
because I am just 28 levels away from lvl 100 and I don't want to be stopped from doing darkmoor just because i didn't spend a week to farm hades

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
dragonhelper2000 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
So about the not farming thing
I have read of some cases where people literally cannot find a team to stay with them because their stats aren't as good compared to the rest. Is this true?
because I am just 28 levels away from lvl 100 and I don't want to be stopped from doing darkmoor just because i didn't spend a week to farm hades
Your chance of getting anything from Hades is very low. You had better stick with water works because even if your going to be the hitter in the dungeon you still need reasonable defense of your own to survive. With Hades you will become a glass cannon. All damage no survival. Waterworks will be just as good if not better. The reason people go to darkmoore is to improve there stats so they shouldn't be judging you like that. If your going to be the tank in the dungeon that's another gear set to worry about.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Wow i just did tartarus and what a good run! I got the het from the death satyr and the wand from hades. On this topic, I don't think that you can effect drop rates. It's like the percentage of you winning the fight. There's no absolute guarantee that you'll win. So just keep trying until you get it!

Boris Wild hammer lvl 90

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Drop rates are pure chance. Nothing you do in combat affects them.

For most players, farming Tartarus isn't a good investment of time. It's a fun dungeon to run for the EXP and story, but there's no need to grind it. Level 100 gear is much better, and easier to get. You can do Darkmoor just fine in WaterWorks or crafted gear, as others have said.