Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has critical and block become meaningless?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
After their redoing of the critical and block, the game is not worth playing anymore.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
This is so frustrating.
Look at the question

It should be a statement: Critical and block become meaningless.

I was questing in Lore-master witch a level 102 fire wizard. I was accompanied by a level 73 fire wizards who stats were about half of mine. We both hit a meteor enhanced with no blades. The results was my hit was 108 higher than his.

Now to me it seems that we as wizards are finding ourselves being pushed into the kiddy pool.

After attempting to do darkmoor with my 102 wizard. I left with disgust for a week. But now i'm back to see if there has been any improvements to the change in the system. I see there's not.

I wonder what the point is? All we have heard is to balance the game.

Best idea for balancing the game:

Have all wizards to have the same spell, all the same level, and all hit at the same time. (then we could all died at the same time) the critical system was not broken.

Not broken peeps. One can't expect to play with bigger and stronger opponents and not get killed from time to time.
But the changes was kinda a slap to the face of those who were taught to improve yourself and wizards.

I don't know what then answer is. I don't think anyone does. Not even KI. Because i have not heard anything from them on this matter since the change was it a success or does it need to be worked on, and what do we do until then.

Personally I did not feel the system was broken. Because i could recognize we I was the weaker player, but now I have no idea. It would be nice to have stuff given to us and some of us have worked hard to improve. Just to have stats change for a more balance play. Sorry peeps i feel like an idiot. Please help me put on my swimeys and point me to the kiddy pool. I'm looking for some information before I decide to stay or move on.

If you read and agree please reply.

Bye Peeps

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
JohnJSal on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
You'll also find that your block chance has dropped as well. I know how much discussion of this is happening on these forums, but on others nearly everyone hates this new system. Many people are talking about leaving the game, and I've considered it too. I probably will if it isn't changed.
Ditto. They have 1 month or I'm gone. I've been playing for 6 years and now I log in with Nothing to do. It's already starting to look like a ghost town.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
MADISON461J on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
This is so frustrating.
Look at the question

It should be a statement: Critical and block become meaningless.

I was questing in Lore-master witch a level 102 fire wizard. I was accompanied by a level 73 fire wizards who stats were about half of mine. We both hit a meteor enhanced with no blades. The results was my hit was 108 higher than his.

Now to me it seems that we as wizards are finding ourselves being pushed into the kiddy pool.

After attempting to do darkmoor with my 102 wizard. I left with disgust for a week. But now i'm back to see if there has been any improvements to the change in the system. I see there's not.

I wonder what the point is? All we have heard is to balance the game.

Best idea for balancing the game:

Have all wizards to have the same spell, all the same level, and all hit at the same time. (then we could all died at the same time) the critical system was not broken.

Not broken peeps. One can't expect to play with bigger and stronger opponents and not get killed from time to time.
But the changes was kinda a slap to the face of those who were taught to improve yourself and wizards.

I don't know what then answer is. I don't think anyone does. Not even KI. Because i have not heard anything from them on this matter since the change was it a success or does it need to be worked on, and what do we do until then.

Personally I did not feel the system was broken. Because i could recognize we I was the weaker player, but now I have no idea. It would be nice to have stuff given to us and some of us have worked hard to improve. Just to have stats change for a more balance play. Sorry peeps i feel like an idiot. Please help me put on my swimeys and point me to the kiddy pool. I'm looking for some information before I decide to stay or move on.

If you read and agree please reply.

Bye Peeps
Well said.

I'm trying to find something, anything for a reason to stay. So far nothing.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
The worst part is not the gameplay, but the lack of communication.

If a KI employee could give us some kind of information, even just the ol' "We're working on it," the community would be WAY less chaotic.

I also have a storm wizard. Storm, in my opinion, has taken the hardest hit (okay, well, other than life). Our block and our critical has been reduced to dirt. The wifi connection in my house is more reliable than my critical and block, and I have Darkmoor gear! I soloed most of Polaris, and I can accurately say that soloing has gotten a lot more difficult with this new change. If it weren't for the easy bosses and reduced health, I don't think I would've soloed it, though.

KI, we are all begging you. Fix this. ASAP.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
SpaceYun on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
So you come all this way to level 100+, spend " all those crowns ", and THIS is the reason you'll quit? And this is also the reason why Thanksgiving is ruined for you? Take it ez, there's more in the game than criticals.
Yes this would be the reason I would quit. Just as many others. The game is no more fun this way and it's not just cuz I can't always crit anymore. Do you not read all the other posts on this subject? The game is no longer fun, all the hard work we put into it before these changes are now just gone. If I wear my pre change gear my crit is now 51% and my block is only like 26%. I put a lot of work and hours getting my gear. The game for me was fun when I could always throw a crit and block 90% of Crits on me. This also allowed me to help many others who requested help in many different types of dungeons but now what's the use? So ya because of this dumb change if nothing is done to compensate the crit and block from what it is now I'll cancel my membership and just freely walk around in the free area when I feel like it until they do change something. Try reading the other posts I hardly think I'm alone.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
I'm also hating the new critical and block system. I understand why KI made a change because at the higher levels the bosses always block the criticals anyway so it didn't really matter much whether you get a critical. Since the change I rarely get a critical now and almost never block. Plus the bad guys don't seem to have any fewer criticals and they don't even need to block because now I'm never getting a critical.

The game play has taken a huge hit and every boss battle takes forever and I need every heal I have to survive. Just barely surviving every battle just isn't fun. I've purchased lots of crowns and game cards for two accounts. I'm not sure whether I will be continuing to spend money on this as it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
The update has made boss battles in the 2nd arc more luck based than anything, bosses in khrysalis have khrit 3 times in a row and not be blocked by Wolf's 200+ block.

Maybe they might for once, see how broken the more random system is, giving luck too much power in the 2nd arc's boss fights(Astraeus, one of the Celestia final bosses, can khrit through said 200+ block).

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I have 3 characters moving towards the end of Polaris at this pint , and I see no real difference between the 'before and after' of the crit/block system and I believe that is because Polaris bosses were adjusted to fit the same 'rules' for crit/block as the wizards are. The probs I have had, and I believe others have also reported, is going 'back' to lower worlds or the Darkmoor dungeons. I know my team and I have had awful probs in Darkmoor. I have not played any of my Celestia to Khrysalis wizards at this point since I have been busy with Polaris. But I understand from the posts I will run into trouble.So I am waiting and hoping KI adjusts those issues.

By assigning a % to the crit/blocks we see in our stats, has caused a visual WOW. But I see nothing wrong with it, so 400+ means 40some %, sounds fair to me. I figure 1000 points be 100% maybe. My storm is mid 40%s for both and that's about right. My team mates and I have always gone for balance in our stats,with stress on resistance since we didn't always block anyway! Pierce can be almost as important as critical I think.

I do not PVP, will not PVP except at my homes, I had BAD experiences in the very early days of pvp with the way people acted and I don't play to be treated the way were then. So I can't speak for changes in that area. Tho pvp always scream the loudest it seems.

What I hope is that KI adjusts the previous world bosses in the games and the gauntlets, duels, dungeons, etc to the same system as Polaris bosses.
Personally, I think Polaris is too easy. Yes I play on a 3 wizard team, but we are nearing the end and so far no real probs. We crit and they crit. We block sometimes and they block sometimes. I run a 2 wiz team , ice and balance, and so far they doing great also.

I am not going to threaten to leave, I have been on since june 2009, and no other game I have found meets my game needs as wizard and pirate do. I just hope KI gets the ball rolling on Pirate. Let wizard wait a year for once!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
SpaceYun on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
So you come all this way to level 100+, spend " all those crowns ", and THIS is the reason you'll quit? And this is also the reason why Thanksgiving is ruined for you? Take it ez, there's more in the game than criticals.
yeah? you play the game cause it fun and stop when its not anymore. simple.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
Yesterday a level 80 critical on me Ian level 110 and he won, fire wizards are only using meteor and hitting 3 k or more because all my team can't block not even with conviction

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
Today I went to pvp we were all max with malistaire gear the other team was level 88 with water works armor they criticaled on us we lost against water work amor

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
KI doesn't listen, end of story. Canceled membership effective January 19, 2016. Credit Card number deleted. Thanks for the memories KI. Merry Christmas to all, have fun, I'm done!