Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire, Life, Death, or Myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Hello everyone! I am having trouble picking a school out of those four. Which do you prefer? What are their playing styles? What is your favorite playing styles? What is your favorite theme? I am excited to hear your answers.

Remember that this is nothing personal, just a statement on which you like.

Have fun! Thanks.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
just my personal preference:
I like Myth ; Professor Cyrus Drake is a blast, he even has you pick up his laundry. When I get a new spell I invite friends to come watch the First Summoning. It is usually a crowd pleaser.

I like to Play Solo mostly, but with the wide variety of Minions available to me I am never really alone, in battles.
The spells are strong enough and are easily boosted; the double attack spells are wonderful against shields.

The School colors of Blue and Yellow mix well with any other preferred color.
I focused my training points on Storm, Sun and Star spells.
I asked a friend if I could visit them while they were in the Shopping area of Avalon and I purchased some Knightly Armor from Eloise, then stitched it with my best gear. I colored the Armor Blue and Purple, and personally I like the look .
Good luck choosing a School; I am sure you will get lots of very different opinions with this question.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
funny, those 4 classes are my wizards. I tend to play them all more defensively; higher resist and block than hit and critical (because unless you pour everything into critical hit, it NEVER goes thru). I'd rather outlast the fight. That being said, with my playing style, my fire and myth needed a life mastery amulet to heal efficiently. Both my life and death use a balance mastery amulet for convenience to use reshuffle faster, but both can kick some major tail. The EASIEST class is death because of hit/heal in the same attack. life is great for survival because they have both hit and heal spells that can use power pips without a mastery amulet. Fire packs a heck of a punch in offense; I live by efreet (and later, fire from above) and fire dragon. On ALL my wizards, I only use 3 attack spells MAX:

Death: Scarecrow, Khrullu, Dr Von's
Fire: Fire Dragon, Efreet, Fire From Above
Life: Forest Lord, Gnomes or King Artorius (depending on the fight), Caterpillar
Myth: Earthquake, Medusa (this one doesnt have the L100 spell yet)

I use those because I carry a very small deck, with reshuffle, and they're the most efficient method of killing stuff

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Let's see.

Fire:
Low accuracy, somewhat powerful spells, DoTs, Power Link, average-low health, fire gear everywhere, orange and red fire theme, cool pets- perfect for enthusiastic wizards who are looking for a challenge

Life:
High accuracy, good health, average-weak spells, heals, calming greens and browns, a must-have team member, music, gardening - just it for a social and kind wizard who spreads love wherever they go

Death:
Average-high accuracy, satisfying health, health draining spells, black and white, living-dead pets, death themed things everywhere, feints and doom - suited for smart, strategic and classy wizards that are perfect being alone.

Myth:
Average accuracy, average health, mythical creatures, gold and royal blue, summoning minions, Chimera's and Hydra's rightfully belong to them - sorcerers that can imagine things to make them happen, dreamers that can keep their own company.

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,