Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewels: Worth it or not!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I have thought about this for awhile now. I have spent a lot of crowns and I really don't see anything good. Is there any good jewels worth fighting for??? I haven't seen any real good jewel yet. If I am wrong please tell me and show me what a good jewel would be and where to get it!!!!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
rockjk on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
I have thought about this for awhile now. I have spent a lot of crowns and I really don't see anything good. Is there any good jewels worth fighting for??? I haven't seen any real good jewel yet. If I am wrong please tell me and show me what a good jewel would be and where to get it!!!!
depends on your level~ if you are over level 80, there are some pretty sweet accuracy and armour-piercing jewels you can get. there is also a shift krokopatra one that my balance wizard got from said exalted duel.

all levels~ there are damage jewels for pets that deal in percentages, not static damage; mirror lake also drops a fireblade pet jewel, meaning that there are likely other blade jewels out there as well.

(the damage or resist jewels that attach to our wizards are flat, not percentages, and totally not worth it)

/my 2 cents, for what they are worth.

-von
exalted

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
What jewels you should want depend on your stat needs. If your storm or fire I would suggest getting accuracy enhancing jewels (they are always in the shape of triangles) and if you are ice or life get damage enhancing ones (circles) but be warned they increase flat damage and not actual percentage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The good jewels drop from high level dungeon bosses, ultra dungeons and crafting. The ones in packs are mostly junk low level. Pet jewels, especially ultra level ones can be very helpful. The ward jewels can be very good on some pets, adding a +15% resist to one school, added to the +15% of a proof/defy pet can be really helpful towards hard to get immunity like Ice.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
There are definitely worthwhile jewels out there such as piercing jewels, crit jewels, and damage boosting pet jewels. As a storm I find these very beneficial. And if you'd like to know how to find certain jewels just look it up on the w101 central wiki.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Those are nice but what are the best ones out there and exactly where to get them?????

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
I use jewels all the time, and they are very useful. They help boost your stats, and some may even give you certian cards. I have one that will give a life trap. Hope this helps!

Darby UnicornFlower: lvl 84
Darby SeaCloud: lvl 30
Darby StarWraith: lvl 21
Darby: lvl 11

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
There are a few jewels I've seen that I like. I've only affixed a few.

The reason I'm reluctant to add jewels to equipment is because I don't have what I consider to be the best gear. Once a jewel is affixed, it either stays there or is shattered taking it out.

Therefore when I do get a really good jewel it sits in my backpack while I hem and haw over whether I want to save it for later or use it now, because I may not ever get it again.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Where can I get the best jewel for storm and ice??? I still not sure if I want jewels or not!!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
rockjk on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
Where can I get the best jewel for storm and ice??? I still not sure if I want jewels or not!!
Here is a list of storm jewels;

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Amethyst_Jewels#axzz3nzijcGDu

And Ice jewels;

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Sapphire_Jewels#axzz3nzijcGDu