Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
I think that balance should have a convert that goes to a random school. I for one have struggled in many battles when fighting balance bosses or minions. Other low level people in krokatopia may have a hard time getting through boss fights and etc. So balance should just get a convert that is a random school. Thank you Kingsilse if you are reading this.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
DuckyDuck101 on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
I think that balance should have a convert that goes to a random school. I for one have struggled in many battles when fighting balance bosses or minions. Other low level people in krokatopia may have a hard time getting through boss fights and etc. So balance should just get a convert that is a random school. Thank you Kingsilse if you are reading this.
Yeah I agree, all other schools get a convert.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I have never really thought about that until now since I am . I completely agree. It is so unfair that balance students can't defeat their own school as easily just because they don't have a convert. Kingsisle, please take this into consideration!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I can't imagine KI will give balance a straight convert like the other schools have, balance is supposed to be different and the lack of a convert ward is one of the things that sets it apart. At level 26 you get spectral blast, your primary tool for taking down balance bosses. Below this level few if any bosses have balance resist over 20%, and you can just take them out with regular balance spells. No other school gets attack spells that do off-school damage, this sets balance apart.

At higher levels you should acquire a set of balance resist clothes; at level 58 you can get balance resist over 70% with bazaar purchased gear, which makes fighting balance bosses much easier, particularly since KI added the ability to set up gear sets and you can swap between your regular clothes and your balance boss clothes in a couple of clicks.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DuckyDuck101 on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
not a bad idea; however, we already have elemental/spirit attacks (that cast as balance, but also do damage from another school):

-(lernaean) hydra
-(lycian) chimera
-spectral/spirit blast (one is a pet spell, but i digress)

at the upper levels, off-school attacks really aren't needed. against balance bosses, my sorcerer's strategy goes something like: buff up, infallible, shrike, power nova, repeat if needed (it usually isn't).

-von "that awesome sauce-erer" shadowsong
exalted

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Your suggestion has been made countless times, and the answer is the same. In order to duel Balance mobs/bosses more effectively, use your Spirit-based attack spells. Your Elemental-based spells will carry you through progression until you acquire them, or are unable to purchase TC versions.

There is no Balance Shield, and while All the other schools are forced to take an extra turn in order to apply an occasional Prism, Balance can attack quicker, based on researching their enemy first, to maximize effectiveness.

The idea of converting to a "random" school's damage is not as effective as you think, due to the fact that Balance mobs typically cast their Tri-Shields with low Pips.

I suggest you learn the Tri-Blades and Traps, and use those Balance spells that would be affected by them, to defeat the mobs you are having trouble with.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Spectral Blast, Hydra, pet spells, infallible, treasure cards... there are lots of other ways for Balance to fight Balance enemies. A prism for Balance isn't needed and would be an unfair advantage. You just need to play balance differently and not try to make it like every other school.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Survivor
Dec 19, 2014
Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Chimera against balance boss, you have a spirit blade, spirit trap, balance blade, bladestrom - at later levels you can add aura to increase damage (or ciritcal chance), and add a sharp spirit blade, potent spirit trap, sharp balance blade, sharp bladestrom... If they put up spirit shield you either use pierce aura (infallible) or just finish them with spectral blasts.

You don't need to be if you have to you can add up to 3 feints or 3 hex (and remember that life, death and myth boost on balance so you get extra damage)

That's what I use never had trouble vs balance boss.

(if you don't have chimera yet, just use elemental blades with hydra or spectral blast)

Balance school is designed to help team mates - each school is good for something and less good at something else. It doesn't have the prism to keep it unique from other schools as much as possible, diversity keeps things fresh and going :) If everything was too similar to each other things get rusty and old

Just my opinion :)

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
Balance is the only wizard where I have a true secondary school (in my case, storm). Normally I train ice to tower, death to feint and life to satyr, but with my balance (who already has healing spells) I chose to train storm instead. As an exalted balance, I can basically turn her into a storm wizard with 93 storm damage. That's my approach to balance bosses. That said, the blasts and spells others have mentioned are great as well. I have an exalted for every school, but personally love fighting on my balance -- she is by far my most versatile wizard with high damage, high resist and great support stats.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2014
Dakota Death on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
Spectral Blast, Hydra, pet spells, infallible, treasure cards... there are lots of other ways for Balance to fight Balance enemies. A prism for Balance isn't needed and would be an unfair advantage. You just need to play balance differently and not try to make it like every other school.
Yes, that's true. But for those who still struggle with Balance bosses despite having these spells in their deck, just make a new deck for Balance mobs or bosses with lots of Hydras, Chimera's, SB's, stuff like that. I've also noticed quite a few Balance mobs that have life boost. If you often forget to change your decks (like me), I suggest learning life for a while and making SB, Hydra, Chimera and elemental/spiritual blades and traps a priority in your current deck. Hydra doesn't seem very decent for a 6 pip spell at first, but combine it with a BB, Elemental Blade, and Elemental Trap (don't forget Bladestorm!) and it deals well over 300 damage per head (please correct me if that's wrong, just estimating). If you have a decent power pip chance, that extra three pips just helps you sweep up any normal pips you may have picked up along the way.
Hope this helps
-Cole Stalker, level 45