Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do We Get Paired

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
I have lvl100 death I made to get my friend to warlord she's a pretty good storm. Anyway I 2v2 with her she is commander I'm knight we do not check all, opponents. With that being said how is it that we get paired with 2 commanders. It says as we wait, looking for opponents in skill range something like that so why is it a knight an commander get a commander an commander. Some of you might be thinking knight isn't that far from commander which is a bit true also I was at 670. I decided to rank my death down to a lower rank so we'd get a team with maybe 2 veterans or 2 Knights. I ranked down to veteran went back to 2v2 with Her got the same exact team that we beat.
Luckily we got to go first that time so it wasn't a struggle to win. Seriously thou a veteran an a commander get 2 commanders, how does that work?

I'm planning to take my death down to private in hopes we get teams like double Knights or sergeant an a veteran.
The reason I do this is so I don't have to struggle playing 2 skilled commanders or walords, I wanna rank her up as fast as possible so I drop my rank so we play lesser skilled players. Yet even thou I dropped my rank we still managed to get 2 commanders.

Honestly this pairing system is very much broken I plan to drop my rank to 0 honestly in hopes that we just get corporals an sergeants, however seeing as how I can somehow we get 2 commanders as a veteran an commander I don't see the point.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The match-up system is pretty coarse-grained whether you select "all opponents" or not. My understanding is that it is designed to get you a quick match that's within the ballpark of your ability, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a fair match.

The Second Age match-up system was brought about in 2013 for a few key reasons, but mainly because puppet teams were becoming so common that a large number of people stopped playing PvP, and it became harder and harder to get a match.