Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Changes

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I've decided to start a topic about Myth because I feel like it deserves a chance to be a powerful school. Between the seven schools, most people I talk to consider it to be the weakest, and I feel like this is simply because there's not a whole lot that is special about it. Sure, it has a few spells that remove charms and traps, but that's about it. It has a lot of minions, but not a lot of good ones (I mean, death is considered to have the best minion). Also, they have duel hit spells but only two of them. This topic is to discuss ways I think myth should be improved.

Minions: Myths minions deserve a big boost in power. If summoning is their thing, then their minions should be much stronger. Instead of quantity go for quality. Myth minions should be more about buffing the player and healing. It's actually annoying at times when your troll uses a blood bat on an enemy you've been stacking traps on. Myth should have two new utility spells: Pupeteer and Multiply. Pupeteer is a myth-only aura that allows the player to pick his/her 'a minion's spell. Multiply allows two minions at once. Second, Myth needs a new minion made for a higher level. I'm thinking either Summon Medusa or Summon Elder Dragon. Finally, special cards that attack and summon. My ideas are Orc and Gargantuan. Each does damage and then sunmons a minion like it.

Dual Hit: Not a lot to say her except add one more. My idea was (I forgot it's name at the moment) a mythical dragon that was like a septemt with two heads on each end. It could do 150 and 1250 damage.

Deception/Manipulation: This is what I think myth needs to specialize in: trickery. Spells that change the flow of the battle. I have many ideas but here are a few. First, Double Blade, designed for multi-hits. It's is a unique blade that does 10% and then another that does 35%. That way, double hits don't waste a good blade. Next, spells designed to remove weaknesses. One would turn a weakness into a +15% blade and the other would take all negative charms on allies and self and distribute them on enemies randomly. Another woulld allow allies and self to attack first for a set number of rounds. My other idea is Booby Trap. It's a negative charm that is placed on the enemy and when they it attack it would stun them for 1-3 rounds.

You get the idea. I have many other ideas but this was just to get the point across. I think if these ideas are added, people would stop acting like myth is the "worst" and give it the credit it deserves.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Here are just a few problems with you ideas
1. Gargantuan is a enchantment spell you get in celestia
2. The double blade would not work because one blade improves both of the attacks. If anything it should be a double trap.

However I do agree with buffing the minions because after level 60 they become quite useless

Survivor
Mar 29, 2015
bluebugs10 on May 10, 2015 wrote:
I've decided to start a topic about Myth because I feel like it deserves a chance to be a powerful school. Between the seven schools, most people I talk to consider it to be the weakest, and I feel like this is simply because there's not a whole lot that is special about it. Sure, it has a few spells that remove charms and traps, but that's about it. It has a lot of minions, but not a lot of good ones (I mean, death is considered to have the best minion). Also, they have duel hit spells but only two of them. This topic is to discuss ways I think myth should be improved.

Minions: Myths minions deserve a big boost in power. If summoning is their thing, then their minions should be much stronger. Instead of quantity go for quality. Myth minions should be more about buffing the player and healing. It's actually annoying at times when your troll uses a blood bat on an enemy you've been stacking traps on. Myth should have two new utility spells: Pupeteer and Multiply. Pupeteer is a myth-only aura that allows the player to pick his/her 'a minion's spell. Multiply allows two minions at once. Second, Myth needs a new minion made for a higher level. I'm thinking either Summon Medusa or Summon Elder Dragon. Finally, special cards that attack and summon. My ideas are Orc and Gargantuan. Each does damage and then sunmons a minion like it.

Dual Hit: Not a lot to say her except add one more. My idea was (I forgot it's name at the moment) a mythical dragon that was like a septemt with two heads on each end. It could do 150 and 1250 damage.

Deception/Manipulation: This is what I think myth needs to specialize in: trickery. Spells that change the flow of the battle. I have many ideas but here are a few. First, Double Blade, designed for multi-hits. It's is a unique blade that does 10% and then another that does 35%. That way, double hits don't waste a good blade. Next, spells designed to remove weaknesses. One would turn a weakness into a +15% blade and the other would take all negative charms on allies and self and distribute them on enemies randomly. Another woulld allow allies and self to attack first for a set number of rounds. My other idea is Booby Trap. It's a negative charm that is placed on the enemy and when they it attack it would stun them for 1-3 rounds.

You get the idea. I have many other ideas but this was just to get the point across. I think if these ideas are added, people would stop acting like myth is the "worst" and give it the credit it deserves.

Not bad, Myth does deserve some power ups. But they're is a few problems with some of your ideas that could be tweaked or changed.

1. It is true that minions need a power up, Myth is great because of it's summons. However why summon such low level minions in high level battles? That's what Vassanji was created for to update the minions. Granted he does attack a lot, but it's higher quality spells.

2. To your utility spells, sometime in the future KI will most likely grant Myth the power to summon 2 minions at once. However it will most likely be low level minions. You can't have 2 Vassanji's on the same field or it would just be OP due to the Stun, Frog, Pig, and Orthrus spamming. Puppeteer might be to OP also simply because you're basically controlling 2 characters at once. Maybe there should be a time limit, say 2-3 rounds on controlling your minion.

3. When it comes to higher level minions, we will receive them in the future. However when it comes to a minion summoning another minion, then really that's just stretching it. They will most likely tone that second minion down to a low level type compared to the high level minion.

4. Dual hits are great, however we already have 4 (If you're including the 2 over time spells as well like the Basilisk and King Arthur). Granted there may be another one, and it will be fun.

5. For the double blades, I don't see a point, unless you were to get a weakness and you wanted to get rid of it. Wouldn't you want your dual hit to be strong? Storm has the power to remove charms and weaknesses, Myth removes (Negative) traps. So giving the Myth the power to do both is reducing the class uniqueness.

6. Booby trap is a good spell, a great idea really. However it should be a shield or trap put on the player being attacked. And stunning for 3 rounds is a long time. 1 is realistic, 2 max. There is only one spell that can stun twice and that's Medusa. For attacking first, most likely PVE only. It defeats the turn system.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I agreed with the minion thing. Why does have the best minion when that's 's specialty? However, I think there's already a spell called Gargantuan? I think it's from the school, and it boosts your spell? All you have to do is change the spell's name though.