Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Tale of 7 Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I'm not quite sure how to start this post. My idea probably affects only a few thousand of Wiz players.

Ever since the rise of Tartarus, Shadow Palace, and Castle Darkmoor and the creation of harder worlds (Azteca and Khrysalis), people like me have ceased to exist - dual-wielders, people who use mastery amulets for more than just pvp, healing capabilities, and specific spells. We seem to die out somewhere about Zafaria/Avalon - when it's no longer practical to use other school spells to take out high-level targets.

There are a few solutions that could revive our class within the ranks of Wizard101, such as (1) allowing certain other school spells to be learned (treasure cards can only go so far) or (2) actually having hybrid classes from the get go in character creation. But I realize that there would be a huge outcry from the community if this was ever implemented.

So, a start would be to implement better gear - hence the title of this post: A Tale of 7 Dungeons. How is it fair that there are all of these dungeons for single school gear, yet the only way for dual-wielders to obtain better gear is to craft it or scramble together crown gear and a supplemental stat pet (especially universal resistance and block)? And so, I propose the creation of two new dungeons for levels 75 and 100.

And to make one last point before going into detail about the dungeons, the Exalted Amulets and Castle Darkmoor Amulets shouldn't exist without appropriate dual-school gear to go with it. After all, what difference does it make for an Exalted Storm to have a few more damage points from a Life Mastery Amulet used for healing?

Dungeons:
Level 75 - Niflheim
Some people have suggested Asgard as a continuation of Grizzleheim/Wintertusk for Exalted wizards, so by this level Wintertusk should be completed, and Niflheim is a downward expansion of the arc.

Quest Line:
At level 75, Valgard Golden Blade calls you back to Grizzleheim with a new request: the Three Norns call upon Grizzlehiem's greatest hero, which is of course you. Within their Loom of Fate, they saw an intersection of Fate lines that would destroy the world. To prevent it, you must travel down Yggdrasil to Nilfheim to confront Hel, the queen of the underworld, and prevent Morganthe from resurrecting Malistaire (take his spirit out of Niflheim). However, by the time you get there, Morganthe has convinced Hel to help her and you must defeat her to chase after Morganthe again.

Mobs could include the "Mist Children" (Niflungar) and a side boss could be Nidhogg (even though it exists in Hrundle Fjord already)

Level 100 - Empyrea
Mentioned in a quest from Wysteria, it is a floating city on the clouds above Mooshu (can't keep going to Krok for dungeons)

As mentioned in the quest dialogue, it has sky squids and perhaps also Seraphs and other orders of Angels. At the moment, I don't have any ideas regarding the gear or bosses or cheats, but if enough people agree with my idea, then I'll start working on it.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2014
fremen on Feb 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm not quite sure how to start this post. My idea probably affects only a few thousand of Wiz players.

Ever since the rise of Tartarus, Shadow Palace, and Castle Darkmoor and the creation of harder worlds (Azteca and Khrysalis), people like me have ceased to exist - dual-wielders, people who use mastery amulets for more than just pvp, healing capabilities, and specific spells. We seem to die out somewhere about Zafaria/Avalon - when it's no longer practical to use other school spells to take out high-level targets.

There are a few solutions that could revive our class within the ranks of Wizard101, such as (1) allowing certain other school spells to be learned (treasure cards can only go so far) or (2) actually having hybrid classes from the get go in character creation. But I realize that there would be a huge outcry from the community if this was ever implemented.

So, a start would be to implement better gear - hence the title of this post: A Tale of 7 Dungeons. How is it fair that there are all of these dungeons for single school gear, yet the only way for dual-wielders to obtain better gear is to craft it or scramble together crown gear and a supplemental stat pet (especially universal resistance and block)? And so, I propose the creation of two new dungeons for levels 75 and 100.

And to make one last point before going into detail about the dungeons, the Exalted Amulets and Castle Darkmoor Amulets shouldn't exist without appropriate dual-school gear to go with it. After all, what difference does it make for an Exalted Storm to have a few more damage points from a Life Mastery Amulet used for healing?

Dungeons:
Level 75 - Niflheim
Some people have suggested Asgard as a continuation of Grizzleheim/Wintertusk for Exalted wizards, so by this level Wintertusk should be completed, and Niflheim is a downward expansion of the arc.

Quest Line:
At level 75, Valgard Golden Blade calls you back to Grizzleheim with a new request: the Three Norns call upon Grizzlehiem's greatest hero, which is of course you. Within their Loom of Fate, they saw an intersection of Fate lines that would destroy the world. To prevent it, you must travel down Yggdrasil to Nilfheim to confront Hel, the queen of the underworld, and prevent Morganthe from resurrecting Malistaire (take his spirit out of Niflheim). However, by the time you get there, Morganthe has convinced Hel to help her and you must defeat her to chase after Morganthe again.

Mobs could include the "Mist Children" (Niflungar) and a side boss could be Nidhogg (even though it exists in Hrundle Fjord already)

Level 100 - Empyrea
Mentioned in a quest from Wysteria, it is a floating city on the clouds above Mooshu (can't keep going to Krok for dungeons)

As mentioned in the quest dialogue, it has sky squids and perhaps also Seraphs and other orders of Angels. At the moment, I don't have any ideas regarding the gear or bosses or cheats, but if enough people agree with my idea, then I'll start working on it.
It is very exciting to see someone who is unorthodox at playing this game. I think it's that this idea is essential, because I do see various dual school players who use life masteries other than life mastery amulets in their advantage at going about their quests. However, I agree that there is a lack of dual-school gear as needed for these dual-wield schools.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

Dungeons:
Level 75 - Niflheim

Quest Line:

Level 100 - Empyrea

Niflhiem? Like the Norse Cold Realm? Really cool idea there

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I only use mastery amulets, fighting monsters, bosses, pvp, doesnt matter ILL NEVER TAKE IT OFF

I just love using life or death magic for less pips, it makes it so much easier. Forget the extra spell amulets, BLECH those stink.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Good thinking. Gear became very school-specific after Waterworks, leaving many of us to shelve our mastery amulets permanently. I'd love to dust them off and use them, but two things stop me. One is just like you said, the gear isn't good enough. Then the other thing is that we can't learn any off school spells past Level 42. Isn't it about time we can train/craft some Level 48+ spells?

If you can answer both of these points with the quest line you are proposing, I think you've got a great plan.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

Dungeons:
Level 75 - Niflheim

Quest Line:

Level 100 - Empyrea

This would lend PERFECTLY to this idea I had a while ago:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/mastery-expansion-8ad6a41a4592dec30145af0fe3974c63

I think this would be a WONDERFUL implementation to the dual school wizard. The spells would yield us more combinations of blading and the deck would lend to more damage. As for the learning extra spells, there's a simple way around this. Every spell, from a secondary school, that is a quest reward, needs 2 or 3 training points to learn in addition to the questing for it. it's fair, balanced, and allows those deeper utilization of secondary school spells.

The way it could be implemented, is like this:
You go to the proper school trainer. There would be a new option for "train more". You would click that, and then you would see every spell that trainer normally teaches as a primary school spell. you would click on the spell. It would then tell you how much it costs. if you hit "agree", it would take the proper training points, and start you on your way to the quest. you would have to go through the quest and get the reward normally.

That is only a thought as to how it could be done; it's not set in stone or anything, but the cost should MINIMALLY be 2 training points. So, if you wanted to learn the "school blade" for that secondary school, it's gong to cost you

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

Dungeons:
Level 75 - Niflheim

Quest Line:

Level 100 - Empyrea

Yeah, going to Krok to get to the Himoolaya was................weird.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Lucas Rain on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
Good thinking. Gear became very school-specific after Waterworks, leaving many of us to shelve our mastery amulets permanently. I'd love to dust them off and use them, but two things stop me. One is just like you said, the gear isn't good enough. Then the other thing is that we can't learn any off school spells past Level 42. Isn't it about time we can train/craft some Level 48+ spells?

If you can answer both of these points with the quest line you are proposing, I think you've got a great plan.
Well personally i hated the Waterworks gear, and most Dungeons gears Like it, i stick to my outfit which gives 102% Power pips, 65% critical rating and 1000 extra health