Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trading treasure cards in the shared bank?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I am really quite annoyed with this due to the fact that I can transfer everything besides TC in my bank to different wizards. I believe a lot of people would be very happy if they were to be allowed to trade tc between characters through the shared bank. This feature could be useful for those who wish to use some of their tc from their other wizard on a different wizard for PvE, PvP, selling, etc. Anyone else agree?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I am really quite annoyed with this due to the fact that I can transfer everything besides TC in my bank to different wizards. I believe a lot of people would be very happy if they were to be allowed to trade tc between characters through the shared bank. This feature could be useful for those who wish to use some of their tc from their other wizard on a different wizard for PvE, PvP, selling, etc. Anyone else agree?
I agree, it's frustrating but allowing TC trading via the shared bank would seriously impact the balance of the game. Low level wizards should NOT have easy access to spells that are way above their level. Sure, they're available in the Bazaar but their high price makes them difficult to obtain in quantity. If we could trade them through the shared bank the outcry from the PvP community would be of Biblical proportions!
(and probably hysterical too!)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
It's true that TC is often used in pvp and pve, but as a crafter, its frustrating to get a TC from a drop which I can't use but another of my wizards could for a crafting project. I would like this option to trade TC in the shared bank.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
As a work-around solution, find a friend or obtain another account and simply transfer all the Treasure Cards you want between all of your wizards.

Its not fast, but it works!

Of course a shared bank where you could transfer everything; ooh, I love the way you think!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
"If we could trade them through the shared bank the outcry from the PvP community would be of Biblical proportions!"

I doubt this. I'm sure most PvP players are aware that there are lots of dual accounts and family accounts. In fact, how do you think some PvP teams dominate? Certainly not strangers that meet in Wizard City Commons. Two computers sitting side-by-side on the kitchen table.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
"I agree, it's frustrating but allowing TC trading via the shared bank would seriously impact the balance of the game. Low level wizards should NOT have easy access to spells that are way above their level."

You can transfer wealth through the shared bank. Plus they can garden. My low level gardening & pet training wizards (under lvl 20) usually have their gold allotment maxed-out. Its really not tough for low level wizards to have unlimited access to 95% of the TC's.

--> its just first time wizards that are at a significant disadvantage and have a tough time.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The big issue is that many people, KI included, feel that making TCs bank sharable would completely unbalance the game. let me pose this question:

How does being able to bankshare the following not make it unfair/cheating
1) Gear
2) Reagents
3) Seeds
4) Pets

ALL of those give the other wizards on the account an advantage, yet we have those. So, I say to all of you who are against this idea, KI included, make up your minds. Either we go ALL the way with the opinion or nowhere, you can't have it both ways. Personally, I'm for banksharing TC (especially because I dont use them ever) and having them stack like reagents/pet snacks though I know KI would say eliminate banksharing entirely (if those were the only 2 options). Banksharing TCs for people like me would make it MUCH easier to sell TCs because I could EASILY stack them up and sell them off

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
This is a great idea

also to the people who keep saying oh no this is going affect pvp well that's just funny

People can just ask for Tc from high level friends from there other wizard or in commons and get 70 maybe even more high level Tc that are way past there level it dose not afect pvp because there already using the spell in pvp

so stop saying oh no this will affect pvp when it really won't

i seen level 1 with snow angel Tc before and i ask him where he get it because i couldn't fined it that day he said his high level had some and he said he ask his friend to help him trade all that Tc to his other wizard

But i think this topic wont only help wizard get crafting easyer done but will also make tc more useful because normly i throw out the tc i can't use on my high level wizard but could you on my life but there no way to get him the tc i need for a boss battle or player vs player because you can't always trust you friends to give you Tc back

level 100
level 82
level 21

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
TucsonWizard on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
I agree, it's frustrating but allowing TC trading via the shared bank would seriously impact the balance of the game. Low level wizards should NOT have easy access to spells that are way above their level. Sure, they're available in the Bazaar but their high price makes them difficult to obtain in quantity. If we could trade them through the shared bank the outcry from the PvP community would be of Biblical proportions!
(and probably hysterical too!)
Nonsense. Cards can easily be traded via another player. Trading via the bank would have no effect on PvP or game balance. It isn't needed though, because we can trade player to player.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
dayerider on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
The big issue is that many people, KI included, feel that making TCs bank sharable would completely unbalance the game. let me pose this question:

How does being able to bankshare the following not make it unfair/cheating
1) Gear
2) Reagents
3) Seeds
4) Pets

ALL of those give the other wizards on the account an advantage, yet we have those. So, I say to all of you who are against this idea, KI included, make up your minds. Either we go ALL the way with the opinion or nowhere, you can't have it both ways. Personally, I'm for banksharing TC (especially because I dont use them ever) and having them stack like reagents/pet snacks though I know KI would say eliminate banksharing entirely (if those were the only 2 options). Banksharing TCs for people like me would make it MUCH easier to sell TCs because I could EASILY stack them up and sell them off
No it not unfair anybody can get good good gear if they would farm and once they reacha bigger level the gear becomes useless so they pass it onto there other wizard they work on so anybody can get the gear just some don't wanna put out the effort also when i wanna make a new account i use sharded bank so i don't lose good gear pets and all my had work

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sliver moon wolf on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
No it not unfair anybody can get good good gear if they would farm and once they reacha bigger level the gear becomes useless so they pass it onto there other wizard they work on so anybody can get the gear just some don't wanna put out the effort also when i wanna make a new account i use sharded bank so i don't lose good gear pets and all my had work
but, the recipient is still getting gear they themselves havent worked for. You can't halfway say something is cheating; either it ALL is, or it all ISNT. Does it give an advantage or not? it can't under this condition but not that condition. Im NOT saying that banksharing is cheating, Im posing the question to those who think banksharing TCs WOULD be cheating, how is it different from hand me down items you didnt farm for or get as drops or bought?

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
If I trade the cards I want on my lower characters, to a buddy, then he trades them back, is that the same as bank sharing them??
I agree bank sharing these woudl make things easier and quicker, but at the same time, I see it as an unnecessary addition, when yo ucan easily move these items without the option of bank sharing...

I still believe a Gold Bank in our shared bank, or even in our personal bank would be a welcome addition

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Ok so from what I have seen people are a little hesitant on this idea because they think it will affect the balance of PvP just because low level wizards can get OP TC for their level. News Flash lower level wizards already buy OP tc from the bazaar by trading through the shared bank with gear, pet snacks, and housing items to sell for a ton of gold so whats to stop them from buying lots of OP TC for their level? Nothing. It would not make a difference to allow TC to be traded between characters, it would just be a very convenient way of transfering cards that you need for a specific character for whatever reason be it PvP or not that would make a lot of players lives easier.