Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points Should Have a Free first buy back!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
So many people made one or more wrong decisions with a spell or chose the wrong school as a secondary, because I have and it is very annoying it costs to much crowns in the higher levels, and when you used them and you don't have enough experiance at the game at level 12. So I can either start all over or get very irritated at the game. Please give everyone at least one buy back, I have an Ice wizard with a storm secondary and I want to change it so much, and it would really help everyone and stop some people from quitting or starting over. It's not a gigantic favor, but can you please do that almost everyone will appreciate this if you do give one free training points buy back if they haven't already bught it back unless you can help everyone in Wizard101 by giving everyone a free buy back, all I and a lot of people ask for is at least onv please!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You get free buy back at level 12 when you only have 3 training points. They don't charge buyback until after you have 4 training points.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
This is a great idea and I have two ideas that could make yours even better:
  1. If anyone ever wants to by back all of their training points again, make it a fixed cost between 100 and 1000 crowns; not like 5000.
  2. OR Some people might not want to get rid of ALL of the spells they bought, so it would be a wonderful idea to allow them to select the spells they no longer want, keep the ones they do want, and not have to spend 5000+ crowns to buy back ALL of their training points.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
This is a great idea and I have two ideas that could make yours even better:
  1. If anyone ever wants to by back all of their training points again, make it a fixed cost between 100 and 1000 crowns; not like 5000.
  2. OR Some people might not want to get rid of ALL of the spells they bought, so it would be a wonderful idea to allow them to select the spells they no longer want, keep the ones they do want, and not have to spend 5000+ crowns to buy back ALL of their training points.
That would be a great idea with especially with new spells that are coming out, and select the spells that we are not going to use like rank one spells. Hopefully KingsIsle adds this, it would make defeating a street mob and sorting your deck a lot easier.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
You get free buy back at level 12 when you only have 3 training points. They don't charge buyback until after you have 4 training points.
Like i said not enough experience with the game, or you haven't looked up guides, yet to know every spells that will appear soon or a new spell that would be uber helpful, if you played this since 2010 and just stopped playing for no reason

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pigsrock93 on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
That would be a great idea with especially with new spells that are coming out, and select the spells that we are not going to use like rank one spells. Hopefully KingsIsle adds this, it would make defeating a street mob and sorting your deck a lot easier.
They won't do this, and shouldn't. If you "unlearn" a spell that is a prerequisite for other spells, it follows that you no longer meet the requirements to use the higher level spells that follow. There are 45 training points available currently in the game. More than enough to make a few mistakes.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
They won't do this, and shouldn't. If you "unlearn" a spell that is a prerequisite for other spells, it follows that you no longer meet the requirements to use the higher level spells that follow. There are 45 training points available currently in the game. More than enough to make a few mistakes.
I mean like I trained storm as my secondary and I want life as a secondary buy I can't buy the training points back, so I could waste crowns and money or ask for a free buy back for every one.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
pigsrock93 on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
I mean like I trained storm as my secondary and I want life as a secondary buy I can't buy the training points back, so I could waste crowns and money or ask for a free buy back for every one.
You trained Storm, and want Life instead...
KI did not train Storm instead of Life.
There's supposed to be a training point buy back in the free for members, maybe yo ushould wait for that.
The point Seethe is making is that if you could select spells to "Untrain", people would learn Death to feignt, then "untrain" all the spells prior.
Effectively, you cuols have all the off school spells you wanted/needed, without much effort at all.
Tower Shield, Feignt, Humongo, meteor...etc
Seethe isn't shooting your idea down, simply stating the issue he sees with it.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Sarg042 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
You trained Storm, and want Life instead...
KI did not train Storm instead of Life.
There's supposed to be a training point buy back in the free for members, maybe yo ushould wait for that.
The point Seethe is making is that if you could select spells to "Untrain", people would learn Death to feignt, then "untrain" all the spells prior.
Effectively, you cuols have all the off school spells you wanted/needed, without much effort at all.
Tower Shield, Feignt, Humongo, meteor...etc
Seethe isn't shooting your idea down, simply stating the issue he sees with it.
whoops, I replyed to the wrong message, but I ment that it would buy back all the spells, and sorry if I sound horrible or mad. I don't even use storm it helped a lot when I was level 5-20 but I don't even use storm also I loose a lot of health when I am tanking or buffing my friend in a very hard dungeon. Sorry if you don't like to listen to storys and me blab my head off.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
It wouldn't be too difficult to overcome that.

You take your damage and accuracy modifying astral spells for example, just make a tree. You can click on the first spell in the series, but it will automatically check every spell after that. It would be relatively easy enough to implement that kind of system. Of course not as easy as wiping out every spell indiscriminately, but it's still within the realm of possibility.

I'm in agreement with the OP. When I first started, I thought there was a possibility that I would get enough training points to learn every spell from every school so I spent them carelessly. It's not that I need training points, I just want to clean up my spell book and consider a new strategy. There are a lot of spells I'd like to keep, but a handful that I'd like to get rid of.

From a customer's point of view, I have to pay KI to buy back spells that I don't want to sell, and then I have to go re-learn them just to get rid of the spells I don't want. Doesn't make sense.

KI has put too high a price on this.They might be surprised how much more revenue they'll generate if they actually provide a service customers are willing to pay for. At this point I'm not paying thousands of Crowns to get something I don't want, but I might pay a few hundred to get the service I want. However if KI is making a killing on people who just don't care, I suppose there's no reason for them to change.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
High Five Ghost on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
It wouldn't be too difficult to overcome that.

You take your damage and accuracy modifying astral spells for example, just make a tree. You can click on the first spell in the series, but it will automatically check every spell after that. It would be relatively easy enough to implement that kind of system. Of course not as easy as wiping out every spell indiscriminately, but it's still within the realm of possibility.

I'm in agreement with the OP. When I first started, I thought there was a possibility that I would get enough training points to learn every spell from every school so I spent them carelessly. It's not that I need training points, I just want to clean up my spell book and consider a new strategy. There are a lot of spells I'd like to keep, but a handful that I'd like to get rid of.

From a customer's point of view, I have to pay KI to buy back spells that I don't want to sell, and then I have to go re-learn them just to get rid of the spells I don't want. Doesn't make sense.

KI has put too high a price on this.They might be surprised how much more revenue they'll generate if they actually provide a service customers are willing to pay for. At this point I'm not paying thousands of Crowns to get something I don't want, but I might pay a few hundred to get the service I want. However if KI is making a killing on people who just don't care, I suppose there's no reason for them to change.
It's a question of values. If time is a factor and you want it NOW. You pay the crowns and buy them back. If time isn't a factor, you make a new wizard and redo a few weeks of gameplay. I have never found it really necessary. You seriously have to choose nearly every school to mess up enough to even need to buy them back.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
It cost me 12,250 crowns to buyback my training points on one of my wizards. That's a 20$ card... I think she will be keeping all her spells for the time being.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
It's a question of values. If time is a factor and you want it NOW. You pay the crowns and buy them back. If time isn't a factor, you make a new wizard and redo a few weeks of gameplay. I have never found it really necessary. You seriously have to choose nearly every school to mess up enough to even need to buy them back.
Nah, it's a question of revenue. As I've said, I just want to clean up my spell book. I don't need my training points back.

And you're exactly right, it's not necessary. Which is exactly my point. KI is currently getting 0% of my Crowns on training point buyback, and it will remain that way because their price is too expensive, and the terms unacceptable.

Myself and many others have said we would spend Crowns buying back training points if the cost was less and we didn't have to buy them all back.

Let's say each training point cost say... 200 Crowns. I have 8 spells I'd like to get rid of. That's 1,600 Crowns. I'd spend that. 100% of 1,600 is more than 100% of 0. While the Crowns balance I currently have is paid for, and as a result not technically additional revenue at the time they are spent, I will buy more Crowns. The faster I spend them, the sooner I have to buy more.

From a business stand point overcharging for an unnecessary service doesn't make sense. A nickel and dime price that people will barely think twice about... that can generate cash flow. But hey... if they shouldn't do it, who am I to question? Far be it for me to give KI ideas on how to extract more money from my wallet.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
High Five Ghost on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
Nah, it's a question of revenue. As I've said, I just want to clean up my spell book. I don't need my training points back.

And you're exactly right, it's not necessary. Which is exactly my point. KI is currently getting 0% of my Crowns on training point buyback, and it will remain that way because their price is too expensive, and the terms unacceptable.

Myself and many others have said we would spend Crowns buying back training points if the cost was less and we didn't have to buy them all back.

Let's say each training point cost say... 200 Crowns. I have 8 spells I'd like to get rid of. That's 1,600 Crowns. I'd spend that. 100% of 1,600 is more than 100% of 0. While the Crowns balance I currently have is paid for, and as a result not technically additional revenue at the time they are spent, I will buy more Crowns. The faster I spend them, the sooner I have to buy more.

From a business stand point overcharging for an unnecessary service doesn't make sense. A nickel and dime price that people will barely think twice about... that can generate cash flow. But hey... if they shouldn't do it, who am I to question? Far be it for me to give KI ideas on how to extract more money from my wallet.
I know right if they don't give members or all of the players a free buy back then at least lower the price by 80% yeah and I still would not have enough crowns because I have so little from a quiz or a video. Not bery helpful KI!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pigsrock93 on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
I know right if they don't give members or all of the players a free buy back then at least lower the price by 80% yeah and I still would not have enough crowns because I have so little from a quiz or a video. Not bery helpful KI!
The point is they haven't seen the need to. You can retrain a new wizard in a short period of time for free, or you can pay a big fee to do it instantly. Those are the options. Making a cheaper option, that almost no one uses, will not make more money. You are a member, make a new wizard, pass gear over to it and train the spells you want on it.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
High Five Ghost on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:

Bingo.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
seethe42 on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
The point is they haven't seen the need to. You can retrain a new wizard in a short period of time for free, or you can pay a big fee to do it instantly. Those are the options. Making a cheaper option, that almost no one uses, will not make more money. You are a member, make a new wizard, pass gear over to it and train the spells you want on it.
That would be a good idea if it were possible for me, but all six slots are occupied by other wizards (Been here a while). Even if I didn't, making another character of the same school because I have a problem with the cost of the buyback is like doing something crazier to avoid something I feel is crazy.

Perhaps if it were cheaper then more people would use it, there by making more money. What you lose by the few willing to spend a lot for it, you can make up in volume if you lower the price. In other MMO's current and past I've played, this is far and wide the most expensive buyback I've seen.

Seeing how neither option I feel is worth the investment in time or money, The answer is to keep the spells I have.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
Well if I train a new wizard ill have to loose all of my castles and plants and also it would take forever to train him up o my level and I also don't play for 4-8 hours, if I did I would have already have done that. I would also have to redo all of the quests that I have done with almost all of my slots which would take a very long time and I would lose my badges.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I started with myth as a secondary school (idk why I was sort of dumb when I started my first wiz) and now I'm lvl 76 and it cost 6,500 crowns to buy back my points! I'm not going to spend 25$ just for one little thing, it should be like 100 crowns a point, and you get to pick which spell you un-learn.